|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
(a) The look in the monk's eyes.
(b) The UFO.
(c) The apparition of Gordon.
(d) The appearance of the time machine.
2. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
(a) Establish a utopian paradise.
(b) Open an etiquette school.
(c) Change the value of pi.
(d) Meet the smartest human on the planet.
3. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Pretends not to notice.
(b) Laughs loudly.
(c) Orders ice cream for her.
(d) Scolds her.
4. The Electric Monk is:
(a) An alien that looks like a machine.
(b) A human that looks like an alien.
(c) A human that looks like a machine.
(d) A machine that looks human.
5. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(b) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(c) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
(d) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do after taking the tape out of Susan Way's answering machine?
2. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
3. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
4. As a ghostly Gordon makes his way to his cabin, he wonders what will happen to his what?
5. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)