|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Harp music is playing.
(b) He's eaten too much.
(c) The professor has hypnotized him.
(d) A reader is reciting a poem.
2. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Alien spaceship.
(b) Amateur burglar attempt.
(c) Secret parachute landing.
(d) Shooting star.
3. Dirk is arrested and thrown out of college for:
(a) Being too smart.
(b) Cheating during finals.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Ridiculing the dean.
4. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Tries to talk into the phone.
(b) Taps "SOS" in code.
(c) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
(d) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
5. In Chapter 3, why is Susan Way angry with her boyfriend?
(a) He got the pay raise she was supposed to get.
(b) He forgot her birthday.
(c) He stood her up again.
(d) He ate her pizza.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
2. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
3. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
4. After Gordon's ghost arrives at his seven-bedroom cottage, he faints upon discovering what in the kitchen?
5. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)