|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
(a) An alien's accident.
(b) A stray soda can.
(c) A sneezing astronaut.
(d) A bacterium traveling back in time.
2. After a dead Gordon decides to try to get to his cabin, what does he notice about his body?
(a) It doesn't look like him.
(b) It's twitching.
(c) It's missing.
(d) It has moved twenty feet.
3. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) He's eaten too much.
(b) The professor has hypnotized him.
(c) A reader is reciting a poem.
(d) Harp music is playing.
4. At the start of Chapter 13, someone scans the sky with his binoculars and spots something that appears to be what?
(a) Amateur burglar attempt.
(b) Shooting star.
(c) Secret parachute landing.
(d) Alien spaceship.
5. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who is the person spying with the binoculars?
2. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
3. As a light rain falls on primordial Earth, what is stuck as a river of mud flows past it?
4. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
5. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)