|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(b) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(c) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
(d) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
2. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(b) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(c) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(d) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
3. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Singing silly songs.
(b) Doing mathematical tricks.
(c) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(d) Making things disappear and reappear.
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
(a) The world turns blue.
(b) An angel who had been watching, flies away.
(c) A figure who was hiding appears and heads to the door.
(d) The horse turns into a dog.
5. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
(a) Questions on upcoming midterms.
(b) Songs written thousands of years ago.
(c) Ingredients of secret recipes.
(d) Phone numbers of everyone on campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
2. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
3. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
5. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)