|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
(a) Blue horse.
(b) Giant scorpion.
(c) Flying saucer.
(d) Rock painting.
2. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) The factory where he was made.
(b) A distant world.
(c) The inside of the moon.
(d) A fast-food restaurant.
3. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) A reader is reciting a poem.
(b) He's eaten too much.
(c) Harp music is playing.
(d) The professor has hypnotized him.
4. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Scolds her.
(b) Orders ice cream for her.
(c) Laughs loudly.
(d) Pretends not to notice.
5. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Falling off a cliff.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) By shotgun.
(d) Chokes on a cracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
2. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
3. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
4. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
5. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)