|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Harp music is playing.
(b) A reader is reciting a poem.
(c) He's eaten too much.
(d) The professor has hypnotized him.
2. As a light rain falls on primordial Earth, what is stuck as a river of mud flows past it?
3. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(b) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(c) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
(d) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
4. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
(c) A giant worm.
(d) A deep river.
5. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) They enjoy his company.
(b) To learn more about future exams.
(c) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(d) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
2. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
3. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
4. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
5. What is the Electric Monk?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)