|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(b) Wants a break now and again.
(c) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(d) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
2. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
3. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(b) They enjoy his company.
(c) To learn more about future exams.
(d) They need his help in solving crime cases.
4. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
(a) His hands fell asleep.
(b) He's startled by a noise.
(c) Time warp.
5. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
(a) Buys a pack of batteries.
(b) Finishes a phone call.
(c) Talks to an unusual cat.
(d) Overfills his tires with air.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
2. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
3. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
4. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
5. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)