|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
(b) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(c) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(d) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
2. As the Electric Monk looks across a vast valley, he begins to imagine that he'll find a door here leading to where?
(a) The factory where he was made.
(b) A distant world.
(c) The inside of the moon.
(d) A fast-food restaurant.
3. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) The Electric Monk.
(b) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(c) King George the Third.
(d) Dirk Cjelli.
4. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) Snow starts to fall.
(b) The world turns purple.
(c) His horse disappears.
(d) He finds the door.
5. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with unusual weather.
(b) The shortest of the year.
(c) Filled with angry phone calls.
(d) The last of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
2. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
3. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
4. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
5. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)