|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
(a) Open an etiquette school.
(b) Change the value of pi.
(c) Meet the smartest human on the planet.
(d) Establish a utopian paradise.
2. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) The shortest of the year.
(b) The last of his life.
(c) Filled with unusual weather.
(d) Filled with angry phone calls.
3. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
(b) Plain English.
(c) Health predictions.
4. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(b) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(c) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
(d) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
5. As a light rain falls on primordial Earth, what is stuck as a river of mud flows past it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
2. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
3. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
4. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
5. The Electric Monk is:
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)