|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Making things disappear and reappear.
(b) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(c) Singing silly songs.
(d) Doing mathematical tricks.
2. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Shakespeare recitations.
(b) Number recall.
(c) Magic tricks.
(d) Fruit juggling.
3. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
(a) She's collecting money for a Greek school.
(b) She wants to know if it's worth anything.
(c) She wants someone to translate the strange writing inside.
(d) She's secretly sending a message to Richard.
4. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
(a) A deep river.
(c) A giant worm.
5. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(b) Wants a break now and again.
(c) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
(d) Would like the roles to be reversed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
2. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
3. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
4. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
5. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)