|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
(a) An angel who had been watching, flies away.
(b) The horse turns into a dog.
(c) The world turns blue.
(d) A figure who was hiding appears and heads to the door.
2. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) A device that believes things for people.
(b) A robotic spiritual cook.
(c) A thief posing as a religious monk.
(d) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
3. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(b) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
(c) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
(d) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
4. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
(a) Computer programming.
(b) Pool lifeguarding.
(c) Book writing.
(d) Voice acting.
5. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
(a) Dirk Gently.
(b) Gordon Way.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) Susan Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
2. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
3. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
4. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
5. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)