|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(b) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(c) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(d) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
2. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
(a) Meet her at the Tangiers Club.
(b) Never call again.
(c) Pick up an olive pizza.
(d) Leave a package at the Brazil Club.
3. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
(a) Voice acting.
(b) Computer programming.
(c) Book writing.
(d) Pool lifeguarding.
4. As the Electric Monk sits atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, he incorrectly believes that the valley is what?
(b) A deep river.
(c) A giant worm.
5. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(b) To learn more about future exams.
(c) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(d) They enjoy his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded WayForward Technologies?
2. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
3. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
5. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)