|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gordon's ghost wakes up from his fainting spell by the sound of what?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) His radio alarm blaring.
(c) A mouse gnawing on bread crumbs.
(d) His gas cooker exploding.
2. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The horse didn't want to leave.
(b) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
(c) The ghost has left.
(d) The powder gave him a rash.
3. When Richard goes out to meet Dirk at their designated meeting spot after talking with Susan, he discovers that:
(a) The hospital staff is talking about Gordon's death.
(b) The library burned down.
(c) The pizza place is closed.
(d) The coffee shop doesn't exist.
4. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
(a) They need his help in solving crime cases.
(b) To keep him from doing well in his classes.
(c) They enjoy his company.
(d) To learn more about future exams.
5. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
(b) Possessed by a ghost.
(d) Pretending to be hypnotized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
2. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
3. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
4. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
5. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)