|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
(a) Making things disappear and reappear.
(b) Juggling five fruits at the same time.
(c) Doing mathematical tricks.
(d) Singing silly songs.
2. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(b) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(c) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(d) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
3. What is the point of the blue squiggles Dirk writes on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to recreate the energy diagrams of water.
(b) He wants to see if a hypnotized Richard can read them.
(c) He is trying to communicate with the ghost.
(d) He is trying to solve the problem of the conjuring trick.
4. Why do Reg, Richard, and Dirk travel across time to a rain forest in Mauritius in 1676?
(a) To retrieve a watch Reg had left behind.
(b) To get away from the alien ghost.
(c) To save a type of iguana from extinction.
(d) To see a dodo bird.
5. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with unusual weather.
(b) The last of his life.
(c) The shortest of the year.
(d) Filled with angry phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
2. What does Dirk do when a police officer is about to saw Richard's sofa in half?
3. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
4. Where does Reg go to get face powder to conceal his tan?
5. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)