|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dirk listens to the answering machine tape found in Richard's apartment, he realizes that:
(a) He might be named a suspect if he's not careful.
(b) Gordon may still be alive somewhere.
(c) Richard couldn't possibly be connected to Gordon's murder.
(d) He doesn't know what he's looking for.
2. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
(a) The horse didn't want to leave.
(b) Quantum jumps add years to one's life.
(c) The ghost has left.
(d) The powder gave him a rash.
3. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
(a) The college board wanting to fire him.
(b) A twisted knot in the time-space continuum.
(c) A broken, unusable time machine.
(d) Supernatural activity.
4. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) The professor has hypnotized him.
(b) Harp music is playing.
(c) A reader is reciting a poem.
(d) He's eaten too much.
5. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
2. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
3. The ancient alien ghost that has possessed Michael Wenton-Weakes had been driven mad by what?
4. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
5. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)