|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
2. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
(a) Fortune teller.
(b) Time machine.
3. While Dirk, Reg, and Richard try to figure out what's behind all the strange recent events, who shows up at the gates of St. Cedd's carrying a large nylon bag?
4. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(b) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(c) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(d) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
5. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(b) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
(c) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(d) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Reg talks to Richard and Dirk and explains the whole business about the horse, the ghost, the face powder, and quantum jumps, he mentions that:
2. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
3. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
4. When he was living, what did the alien ghost driven to madness hope to accomplish on Earth?
5. At Richard's place, Detective Inspector Mason is accompanied by Sergeant Gilks, who is:
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)