|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard leaves Reg's place after seeing a horse in the bathroom, he notices that:
(a) There is a pile of hay on the front porch.
(b) There are no scratch marks from the horse's hooves by the front door.
(c) There are no cars parked in front of the house.
(d) There is a second identical horse standing by the front door.
2. How old is the alien ghost that roams Earth filled with guilt and loneliness?
(a) Dozens of days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Millions of years.
(d) Ninety-nine billion eight hundred million nine hundred thousand.
3. In talking to Reg, Dirk figures out that when Richard seemed hypnotized, he really was:
(b) Pretending to be hypnotized.
(d) Possessed by a ghost.
4. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Pretends not to notice.
(b) Orders ice cream for her.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Laughs loudly.
5. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) Where to go for emergencies.
(b) Why things happen in sequence.
(c) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(d) How much tea one person can drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
2. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
3. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
4. After Gordon dies and looks at his body, what upsets him?
5. Why does the founder of WayForward Technologies like to call people and leave long, rambling messages on their answering machines?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)