|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
(a) The Electric Monk.
(b) King George the Third.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) Dirk Cjelli.
2. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Chokes on a cracker.
(b) By shotgun.
(c) Falling off a cliff.
(d) Heart attack.
3. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
(b) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
(c) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(d) An actor practicing his improv.
4. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
(a) The professor nobody has spoken to in years.
(b) His ex-boss.
(c) The little girl who kicked the table at the Coleridge dinner.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
5. The author notes that even though a rider may sit on a horse all day long and not think about the creature, the one being sat upon:
(a) Thinks the one sitting upon it is selfish and stubborn.
(b) Wants a break now and again.
(c) Would like the roles to be reversed.
(d) Can't help but form an opinion of the one sitting upon it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Wenton-Weakes wakes up in a strange mood, he realizes that he had just dreamed about what?
2. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
3. After Gordon dies and looks at his body, what upsets him?
4. Reg's resistance to the poltergeist results in what?
5. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)