|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
(a) Pool lifeguarding.
(b) Computer programming.
(c) Book writing.
(d) Voice acting.
2. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
(b) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(c) An actor practicing his improv.
(d) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
3. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
(a) Forget the whole thing happened and start over.
(b) Get away to someplace sunny for a weekend or week.
(c) Split up for a while and think things over.
(d) Get some fish and chips and watch a movie.
4. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) The necessity of Electric Monks.
(b) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
(c) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(d) The theory of relativity.
5. What is the Electric Monk?
(a) A device that believes things for people.
(b) An imaginary friend manifesting itself as electricity.
(c) A robotic spiritual cook.
(d) A thief posing as a religious monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
2. How does Reg amuse a little girl named Sarah who is bored at the dinner party in Chapter 4?
3. Richard writes Anthem, a financial spreadsheet that translates business financial numbers, into what?
4. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
5. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)