|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reg explains to Richard that his position was created by King George the Third to answer what?
(a) Where to go for emergencies.
(b) How much tea one person can drink.
(c) Which came first, chickens or ostriches.
(d) Why things happen in sequence.
2. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
3. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Kubla Kahn.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Padma Singh.
(d) Kate Anselm.
4. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
(b) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
(c) Taps "SOS" in code.
(d) Tries to talk into the phone.
5. What is the relationship between Richard MacDuff and private investigator Dirk Gently?
(a) Richard is Dirk's hundred-year-old mentor.
(b) Richard is Dirk's robot assistant.
(c) Richard is Dirk's old college friend.
(d) Richard is Dirk's long-lost twin brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
2. What kind of car does Richard MacDuff drive?
3. When the Electric Monk sits perfectly still atop his horse in a valley on a foreign world, how does everything looks to him?
4. What does the roaming alien ghost who is driven mad with guilt and loneliness want?
5. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)