|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
2. As he searches for a door in the valley, the Electric Monk is temporarily distracted by a what?
(a) Blue horse.
(b) Giant scorpion.
(c) Flying saucer.
(d) Rock painting.
3. After Gordon dies and looks at his body, what upsets him?
(a) The stupid expression on his face.
(b) His clothes don't match.
(c) The big hole in his chest.
(d) His jewelry is missing.
4. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) His friend's ex-girlfriend.
(b) His former college tutor.
(c) His former employer.
(d) His half-brother.
5. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
(a) The look in the monk's eyes.
(b) The appearance of the time machine.
(c) The UFO.
(d) The apparition of Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Susan Way tells Michael to do what?
2. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
3. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
4. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
5. At first, Dirk Gently wants to help the roaming alien ghost using what?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)