|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Magic tricks.
(b) Fruit juggling.
(c) Number recall.
(d) Shakespeare recitations.
2. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
3. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
(a) The appearance of the time machine.
(b) The apparition of Gordon.
(c) The look in the monk's eyes.
(d) The UFO.
4. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Harp music is playing.
(b) A reader is reciting a poem.
(c) He's eaten too much.
(d) The professor has hypnotized him.
5. In Chapter 12, as a lost Richard drives down the road trying to read his maps, he's also trying to place a phone call with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
2. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
3. In Chapter 3, why is Susan Way angry with her boyfriend?
4. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
5. In this novel, what starts life on primordial Earth?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)