|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Electric Monk continues to stare at the presumed pinkness of the valley below him, what comes to his mind?
(a) Doubt regarding its pinkness.
(b) The idea that pink is a pretty color.
(c) Fear that he will never move again.
(d) The recollection that he hasn't eaten in months.
2. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Falling off a cliff.
(b) By shotgun.
(c) Chokes on a cracker.
(d) Heart attack.
3. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
(a) Look under the beds.
(b) Check the microwave.
(c) Confiscate the computers.
(d) Move the sofa.
4. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with angry phone calls.
(b) The shortest of the year.
(c) Filled with unusual weather.
(d) The last of his life.
5. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
(a) Songs written thousands of years ago.
(b) Questions on upcoming midterms.
(c) Phone numbers of everyone on campus.
(d) Ingredients of secret recipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
2. As Gordon heads towards his cabin, he's disappointed that as a ghost, he can't do what?
3. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
4. After finding the address for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and going there, Richard arrives in time to see Dirk's unpaid secretary do what?
5. What command does the college porter give to a "strange priest" who turns out to be the Electric Monk?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)