|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Richard drives and leaves a lengthy message of apology on Susan's answering machine, he swerves because he sees what?
(a) A purple spaceship.
(b) Reg's time machine.
(c) The specter of Gordon Way.
(d) A horse and strange-looking monk.
2. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
(a) Nobody carries this computer model any longer.
(b) The cruise ship is retired from the fleet.
(c) Reservations have to be made three weeks in advance.
(d) After a third robbery, the jewelry store has shut down.
3. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
(b) Taps "SOS" in code.
(c) Tries to talk into the phone.
(d) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
4. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
(a) Ninja clothes.
(b) A pink tie.
(c) A hood.
(d) Pirate clothes.
5. When Richard sees what appears to be someone lugging a body into a field, he dismisses this as merely what?
(a) A farmer carrying a sackful of something nutritious.
(b) A landscaper carrying a bag of clippings.
(c) A man dressed as Santa bringing home presents.
(d) An actor practicing his improv.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Richard sees the horse in Reg's bathroom, he leaves and knocks on a neighbor's door. Who answers?
2. At the dinner in Chapter 4, why does Sarah pass around a pot she found in Greece?
3. After Richard comes out of hypnosis, where does Dirk take him to talk about what he learned during the session?
4. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
5. When Detective Inspector Mason arrives at Richard's apartment, what does he order police officers to do?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)