|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, after Richard goes home and pours himself a brandy, the author says there are three reasons he starts to shake, including what?
(a) The look in the monk's eyes.
(b) The appearance of the time machine.
(c) The apparition of Gordon.
(d) The UFO.
2. Dirk tells Richard that under hypnosis, he was able to remember details he's not even aware of consciously, including a full description of what?
(a) Reg's horse.
(b) Sarah's dress.
(c) Susan's apartment.
(d) Gordon's car.
3. Reg's memory is starting to fade, but he's still good at what?
(a) Number recall.
(b) Fruit juggling.
(c) Shakespeare recitations.
(d) Magic tricks.
4. When Richard wakes up at the start of Chapter 16, he decides to make it up to Susan by doing what?
(a) Taking her on an expensive cruise.
(b) Buying her an expensive computer.
(c) Taking her to an expensive restaurant.
(d) Buying her expensive jewelry.
5. When Dirk brings up the matter of Richard's sofa, Richard is appalled, since he feels they should be talking about what instead?
(b) Gordon's death.
(c) Time travel.
(d) Susan's new boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
2. Thinking about the figure in his trunk, a ghostly Gordon wonders if it really was wearing what?
3. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
4. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
5. Since Richard can't go to the police, Dirk decides to do what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)