|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(b) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(c) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
(d) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
2. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Orders ice cream for her.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Pretends not to notice.
(d) Laughs loudly.
3. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with angry phone calls.
(b) Filled with unusual weather.
(c) The last of his life.
(d) The shortest of the year.
4. When Richard calls Susan to apologize for forgetting to bring her to the college dinner, he suggests they do what?
(a) Get some fish and chips and watch a movie.
(b) Forget the whole thing happened and start over.
(c) Split up for a while and think things over.
(d) Get away to someplace sunny for a weekend or week.
5. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
(a) Gordon's ghost appears to him.
(b) Two men drop off his horse in the pasture.
(c) Dirk finds him and tries to reprogram his circuits.
(d) It begins to snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
2. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
3. Urban Chronotis is Regius Professor of what?
4. In Chapter 12, after Richard swerves wildly, slams on the brakes, and skids to a stop, he finds himself on the road:
5. When Reg prepares tea for Richard, he ends up spilling it all over the floor. What causes him to do this?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)