|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(b) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(c) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(d) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
2. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) The world turns purple.
(b) He finds the door.
(c) His horse disappears.
(d) Snow starts to fall.
3. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
(a) CEO Gordon Way.
(b) Cellist Susan Way.
(c) Professor Urban Chronotis.
(d) Detective Svlad Cjelli.
4. When the little girl at the dinner party in Chapter 4 grows restless and kicks the table, what does her father do?
(a) Pretends not to notice.
(b) Scolds her.
(c) Orders ice cream for her.
(d) Laughs loudly.
5. At the end of Chapter 17, what happens as the horse relishes its newfound freedom?
(a) The Electric Monk lands on its back.
(b) The Electronic Monk brings it hay.
(c) It finds itself in another small bathroom.
(d) It meets three mysterious horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
2. What happens after the Electric Monk and his horse walk through a small wooden door in the valley?
3. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
4. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
5. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)