|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with unusual weather.
(b) The last of his life.
(c) The shortest of the year.
(d) Filled with angry phone calls.
2. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
(a) Finishes a phone call.
(b) Talks to an unusual cat.
(c) Overfills his tires with air.
(d) Buys a pack of batteries.
3. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
(a) An explosion to the west.
(b) A noise coming from the car trunk.
(c) A huge jet flying overhead.
(d) A loud siren all around him.
4. With whom does Richard MacDuff walk to a dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) His half-brother.
(b) His former college tutor.
(c) His former employer.
(d) His friend's ex-girlfriend.
5. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(b) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(c) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
(d) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
2. After college and after several failed jobs, Richard MacDuff has achieved great success in what field?
3. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
4. After waking up from unusual dreams, pondering the events of the night before, and realizing he has no lunch date planned, what does Michael Wenton-Weakes do?
5. In Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff attends a dinner held in honor of whom?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)