Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
(a) She can't reach Susan.
(b) She can't finish her dinner.
(c) She can't reach Gordon.
(d) She can't finish her work.
2. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
3. When a dead Gordon realizes that the phone line is still open and connected to his sister's answering machine, what does he do?
(a) Tries to talk into the phone.
(b) Tosses the phone over the cliff.
(c) Hangs up so the killer doesn't find her.
(d) Taps "SOS" in code.
4. As the Electric Monk's belief in a door in the valley solidifies into the notion that the Door is The Way, what happens?
(a) The world turns purple.
(b) His horse disappears.
(c) Snow starts to fall.
(d) He finds the door.
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
(b) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
(c) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(d) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What command does the college porter give to a "strange priest" who turns out to be the Electric Monk?
2. At the opening of Chapter 4, Richard MacDuff is walking across the campus of St. Cedd's with whom?
3. When Michael Wenton-Weakes digs into his wastebasket, he pulls out a copy of the magazine Fathom and finds what?
4. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
5. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)