|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Has trouble finding it.
(b) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
(c) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
(d) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
2. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Tackles him.
(d) Calls his attorney.
3. When Reg tells his story to Richard and Dirk, he says he's so old that:
(a) His gray hair has turned gray twenty times over.
(b) He doesn't remember who he is.
(c) He makes the chancellor look young.
(d) He's seen the beginning and end of countless nations.
4. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(b) Pay the bill.
(c) Take their chances.
(d) Close their eyes and imagine it.
5. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(b) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(c) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
(d) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
2. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
3. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
4. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
5. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)