|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(b) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(c) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(d) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
2. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
(a) Possessed by a ghost.
(c) Abducted by aliens.
(d) Time traveling.
3. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
(a) To get Richard working in earnest on Anthem.
(b) To get Dirk on a case immediately.
(c) To get Reg to stop doing his conspicuous tricks.
(d) To get Michael to meet with him the following day.
4. When the Coleridge dinner finally ends, where does Richard MacDuff go?
(a) Gordon's temporary office.
(b) Reg's small apartment.
(c) His own temporary living quarters.
(d) Dirk's small office.
5. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(b) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
(c) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
(d) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
2. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
4. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
5. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)