|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
(a) Time machine.
(b) Alien spaceship.
(c) Haunted room.
(d) Potions lab.
2. After Reg discusses the matter of getting the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, Dirk explains that:
(a) Richard doesn't yet know the secret.
(b) The police are still questioning Susan.
(c) He once got a teacup stuck in a jar.
(d) They have no time to waste.
3. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(b) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(c) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
(d) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
4. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(b) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
(c) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(d) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
5. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
(a) His group came to Earth to destroy it.
(b) His group tried to reach Venus but ended up on Earth instead.
(c) His group came to Earth to build a paradise.
(d) His group tried to reach another galaxy but ended up on Earth instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
2. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
3. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
4. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
5. What does Richard do right after Reg explains there's a horse in the upstairs bathroom?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)