|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dirk's office, he and Richard talk about Schrodinger's Cat, which is what?
(a) An illustration of probabilities at the quantum level.
(b) A collage made of discarded computer parts.
(c) A French restaurant Gordon frequents.
(d) A cat cloned three hundred fifty-two times.
2. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
(a) Pay the bill.
(b) Recommend him to another client.
(c) Move to Moscow.
(d) Feed her cat.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
(b) Washing machine.
(d) Queen bed.
4. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
(a) Reprogrammed thirteen Electronic Monks.
(b) Solved the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.
(c) Traced the interconnectedness of all things.
(d) Found nineteen missing cats.
5. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
(b) Time traveling.
(c) Possessed by a ghost.
(d) Abducted by aliens.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
2. In college, why do fellow students start to wine and dine Dirk?
3. What happens as the Electric Monk wonders what to do about Gordon, about his own missing horse, and about his belief systems?
4. When Gordon Way leaves a message on Susan's answering machine, what does he request of her?
5. How long has Reg been at Cambridge?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)