|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dirk finally stops talking on the phone and welcomes Richard to his agency, he indicates that the light from the window works, gravity works, but with everything else, they simply have to:
(a) Hope for the best possible outcome.
(b) Close their eyes and imagine it.
(c) Pay the bill.
(d) Take their chances.
2. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
(a) Recommend him to another client.
(b) Move to Moscow.
(c) Pay the bill.
(d) Feed her cat.
3. Dirk is arrested and thrown out of college for:
(a) Being too smart.
(b) Cheating during finals.
(c) Ridiculing the dean.
(d) Stealing food.
4. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
(b) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
(c) Has trouble finding it.
(d) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
5. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
2. While Gordon Way drives his car and leaves a lengthy phone message for Susan, what does he hear?
3. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)