|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Richard at his detective agency, Dirk talks by phone to a woman whose cat he found and tries to convince her to do what?
(a) Pay the bill.
(b) Move to Moscow.
(c) Feed her cat.
(d) Recommend him to another client.
2. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
3. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
(a) Talks to an unusual cat.
(b) Buys a pack of batteries.
(c) Overfills his tires with air.
(d) Finishes a phone call.
4. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
(a) Filled with angry phone calls.
(b) The last of his life.
(c) Filled with unusual weather.
(d) The shortest of the year.
5. When a client calls Dirk to complain about charges, Dirk writes a note to Richard asking him to go get what?
(b) His briefcase.
(d) His secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had told Richard about L'Esprit d'Escalier?
2. When Richard returns from doing an errand, he finds Dirk on the phone defending a trip to Bermuda, claiming that while he was there he successfully did what?
3. Richard presses Reg to explain how he got the salt shaker into the old Greek pot, and Reg replies that:
4. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
5. Reg's explanation of his magic tricks reveals that he has been:
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)