|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding the address for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and going there, Richard arrives in time to see Dirk's unpaid secretary do what?
(a) Steal Dirk's stapler.
(b) Shatter Dirk's tea cup.
(c) Storm out.
(d) Throw files out the window.
2. How does Dirk Cjelli make a name for himself while he's in college?
(a) Through his ability to read tea leaves.
(b) By inventing the precursor to the Electric Monk.
(c) By denying stories about his psychic abilities.
(d) Through his ability to sleep thirty hours straight.
3. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
(a) People do on TV in his world.
(b) Electric Monks always get back up.
(c) People get up after sleeping.
(d) His horse gets up after being shot.
4. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
(a) Tracking down and reprogramming Electronic Monks.
(b) Comparing fingerprints and footprints to find similarities between cases.
(c) Guessing why horses mysteriously end up in bathrooms.
(d) Finding a pattern in the holistic interconnectedness of all things.
5. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
(a) Dirk already knows what it is.
(b) Reg could get arrested if the secret gets out.
(c) The whole world already knows it.
(d) It's impossible to figure out.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
2. When Richard and Dirk go to Reg's home, Richard learns that:
3. One of Dirk's roommates notices that he's reciting what while he sleeps?
4. How is Gordon Way related to Susan, the cellist?
5. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)