|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
(a) Killing Gordon and stealing the body.
(b) Incorrectly reprogramming Electric Monks.
(c) Running a scam and stealing old ladies' money.
(d) Changing his name to avoid paying taxes.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Richard MacDuff say has been stuck in his hallway for three weeks?
(b) Washing machine.
(d) Queen bed.
3. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
(a) The cruise ship is retired from the fleet.
(b) After a third robbery, the jewelry store has shut down.
(c) Nobody carries this computer model any longer.
(d) Reservations have to be made three weeks in advance.
4. In Chapter 7, when Gordon Way stops to fill his car with petrol, what else does he do?
(a) Overfills his tires with air.
(b) Buys a pack of batteries.
(c) Finishes a phone call.
(d) Talks to an unusual cat.
5. After finding the address for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and going there, Richard arrives in time to see Dirk's unpaid secretary do what?
(a) Steal Dirk's stapler.
(b) Storm out.
(c) Throw files out the window.
(d) Shatter Dirk's tea cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate Anselm, a programmer, tell Richard when she calls him as he's hunting for Dirk Gently's phone number?
2. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
3. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, why does Dirk prompt Richard to ask about the conjuring trick?
4. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
5. The author opens Chapter 7 indicating that Gordon Way is not aware that this day is to be what?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)