|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard calls L'Esprit d'Escalier, what does he find out?
(a) Reservations have to be made three weeks in advance.
(b) After a third robbery, the jewelry store has shut down.
(c) Nobody carries this computer model any longer.
(d) The cruise ship is retired from the fleet.
2. During his finals, Dirk makes a bet to try to disprove what?
(a) The necessity of Electric Monks.
(b) Rumors of tampered recipes.
(c) Rumors of his psychic abilities.
(d) The theory of relativity.
3. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
(b) Has trouble finding it.
(c) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
(d) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
4. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, why does Dirk prompt Richard to ask about the conjuring trick?
(a) Dirk wants to learn how to do this trick.
(b) To get Richard to break the ice between them.
(c) To get Reg to confirm what Dirk already knows.
(d) Dirk is too shy to ask about it himself.
5. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
(b) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(c) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
(d) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard accuses Dirk of doing what?
2. When Richard and Dirk visit Reg, what does Dirk say to Reg about his secret?
3. Reg replies "You're standing in it" in response to Dirk's question of where is the what?
4. After finding the address for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and going there, Richard arrives in time to see Dirk's unpaid secretary do what?
5. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)