|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dirk offer Richard his services as a detective?
(a) Police suspect Richard of being involved in Gordon's murder.
(b) Police suspect Richard of stealing a horse.
(c) Richard is afraid Susan is seeing Michael behind his back.
(d) Richard's cat has been missing since Easter.
2. When Richard talks with Reg in Chapter 8, he indicates that he's in a relationship with whom?
(a) Kate Anselm.
(b) Susan Way.
(c) Padma Singh.
(d) Kubla Kahn.
3. When Richard leafs through the phone book looking for Dirk Gently's phone number, he:
(a) Finds twelve different numbers under the same name.
(b) Finds it under Dirk's former name.
(c) Has trouble finding it.
(d) Discovers that pages are missing from the phone book.
4. What kind of car does Gordon Way drive?
5. The Electric Monk has taken Gordon's body back to his cottage as a sacred duty, but he doesn't understand why Gordon didn't get back up the way:
(a) Electric Monks always get back up.
(b) People get up after sleeping.
(c) His horse gets up after being shot.
(d) People do on TV in his world.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard first arrives at Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he overhears Dirk explain to someone at the other end of the phone line that his job involves doing what?
2. Why does Richard start to fall asleep at the dinner in Chapter 6?
3. Who sits next to three drunk men on a train that is full of party revelers from a wedding?
4. The individual sitting with drunk men on the train full of party revelers is haunted by an ancient ghost who says that:
5. How does Gordon Way die at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)