|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the NSA main data banks located?
2. What happens when the filters give way?
3. When Susan is walking on the underground highway, who drives up in a gold cart?
4. How is the Caesar's Box message read?
5. Hulohot pinpoints Becker's location by ______________________________-.
Short Essay Questions
1. Swathmore was begging Susan to stay with him. What did he know when he saw the pager messages?
2. What does Susan learn from Swathmore's pager?
3. How does the book end?
4. What does the group decide to focus on from Tankado's message?
5. Why did Fontaine send his own team to Spain?
6. Explain why Hulohot was wrong in thinking that Becker had no way out of the viewing platform area.
7. Who hired Hulohot and offered the pass key to Numataka?
8. What is one of the first things that Susan sees when she enters the main databank's chamber?
9. How does Susan view the orphans?
10. What does Susan have Soshi do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an anonymous server? What are the benefits of an anonymous server? Under what circumstances would people want to use one and why?
Essay Topic 2
Tankado's schemes duped Swathmore and others at the NSA, and it cost the NSA its TRANSLTR computer. Explain Tankado's scheme and how he orchestrated it. How could Swathmore be duped? What did Tankado have to know in order for Swathmore to be duped?
Essay Topic 3
Swathmore had his own plans for the Digital Fortress encryption program. What did he plan to do? What would have been the implications of his plan if he could have carried it out? Why was Hale trying to stop Swathmore?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)