|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Becker exit the Cathedral?
2. What happens when the filters give way?
3. As Swathmore returns to Node 3, Susan is referred to as his ______________.
4. Swathmore follows Susan and _____________________.
5. When Susan is walking on the underground highway, who drives up in a gold cart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Soshi announces that she has found orphans in the program. What are orphans?
2. Using the Internet for a reference, what do they finally decide to use?
3. Explain why Hulohot was wrong in thinking that Becker had no way out of the viewing platform area.
4. What does Susan learn from Swathmore's pager?
5. What is one of the first things that Susan sees when she enters the main databank's chamber?
6. What is the problem with data banks?
7. During the video conference, why does Susan scream?
8. What does Susan have Soshi do?
9. What happens when Hulohot spots Becker receiving Communion?
10. When does Fontaine begin to realize the seriousness of the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Hale and other characters complain about the EFF. What is the EFF? What are its functions? What are the pros and cons of watchdog organizations? Why was it mentioned so often by the various characters?
Essay Topic 2
Fontaine does not intervene in the situation until after the explosion in crypto. Why does he wait? What information does he have from tapping Swathmore's computer account? Evaluate Fontaine's handling of the situation.
Essay Topic 3
David Becker went to Seville, Spain because Swathmore asked him to. Why did Swathmore send an amateur? Why didn't he send professional? What were Swathmore's ulterior motives?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)