|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Becker exit the Cathedral?
2. The first thing David does is _________________________________.
3. Why did Susan try three as the passkey?
4. Why did Swathmore leave Node to go to his office to abort TRANSLTR?
5. When does the Director order a crew to be sent to Crypto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan view the orphans?
2. What is one of the first things that Susan sees when she enters the main databank's chamber?
3. How does the book end?
4. What does Swathmore do when Susan leaves to cut off the power to TRANSLTR?
5. How does Fontaine respond to the problem with the crypto dome?
6. Who hired Hulohot and offered the pass key to Numataka?
7. What does the group decide to focus on from Tankado's message?
8. Why did Fontaine send his own team to Spain?
9. When Swathmore is in the sub level resetting the power, what becomes clear?
10. Swathmore was begging Susan to stay with him. What did he know when he saw the pager messages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Tankado opposed the secrecy of TRANSLTR and devised his scheme to force the NSA to make its existence known. How did Tankado make this fact known? Do you think Tankado expected his worm to do the damage it eventually did? What would the use of the terms Hiroshima and Nagasaki indicate?
Essay Topic 3
David Becker went to Seville, Spain because Swathmore asked him to. Why did Swathmore send an amateur? Why didn't he send professional? What were Swathmore's ulterior motives?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)