|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to North Dakota, who killed Tankado?
2. Jabaa learns of TRANSLTR running eighteen hours on one file from whom?
3. Swathmore calls Hale's bluff by __________________________.
4. Rochio tells Becker that she _______________________-.
5. How much is Numataka supposed to pay for the pass key?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
2. What is a tracer?
3. What is the purpose of the NSA?
4. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
5. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
6. After talking to Swathmore, what does Susan learn from Hale?
7. What deal does Hale want?
8. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
9. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
10. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tankado's grudge against the United States? Why did he harbor this grudge? Do you think this had anything to do with his scheme and the the mention of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the message in the Caesar's Box. Do you think he set out to destroy TRANSLTR?
Essay Topic 2
Fontaine does not intervene in the situation until after the explosion in crypto. Why does he wait? What information does he have from tapping Swathmore's computer account? Evaluate Fontaine's handling of the situation.
Essay Topic 3
Tankado opposed the secrecy of TRANSLTR and devised his scheme to force the NSA to make its existence known. How did Tankado make this fact known? Do you think Tankado expected his worm to do the damage it eventually did? What would the use of the terms Hiroshima and Nagasaki indicate?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)