|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Midge learns that it is possible to override Gauntlet, what does she plan to do?
2. When Susan and Swathmore are in Swathmore's office, what does he take out of his desk drawer?
3. What do Midge Milken and Chad Brinkerhoff question?
4. What is Hale's reaction to Swathmore's call to Security?
5. What does Susan hear when she opens the bathroom door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Phil Chartrukian come into conflict with Swathmore?
2. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
3. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
4. Why does Brinkerhoff find Fontaine's reaction to the problems in Crypto to be strange?
5. What deal does Hale want?
6. How does Swathmore respond when learning about Greg Hale being North Dakota?
7. What does Becker learn from Two-Tone?
8. What is a cipher text?
9. What is a mutation string?
10. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg Hale is in Crypto on the Saturday when TRANSLTR is trying to break the Digital Fortress code. All cryptologists are urged to not work on Saturdays. Why is this so? Do you think Hale's presence was planned or just coincidence?
Essay Topic 2
Fontaine does not intervene in the situation until after the explosion in crypto. Why does he wait? What information does he have from tapping Swathmore's computer account? Evaluate Fontaine's handling of the situation.
Essay Topic 3
Most organizations function on the basis of team work yet Swathmore told only Susan Fletcher about the Digital Fortress problem. Other people who learned about the TRANSLTR run time, began to ask questions and were rebuffed. Some took actions on their own. Was this the proper way to handle the situation? Would problems have been avoided if Swathmore hadn't been so secretive?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)