|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge Wilken see from her office?
2. What does Hale tell a terrified Susan?
3. What does Swathmore want from Hale?
4. What did Tankado demand of Swathmore?
5. Rochio tells Becker that she _______________________-.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a tracer?
2. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
3. Why does Phil Chartrukian decide to report the possibility of a TRANSLTR virus to his superior?
4. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
5. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
6. What does Becker learn from Two-Tone?
7. After talking to Swathmore, what does Susan learn from Hale?
8. What is the Monocle?
9. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
10. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg Hale is in Crypto on the Saturday when TRANSLTR is trying to break the Digital Fortress code. All cryptologists are urged to not work on Saturdays. Why is this so? Do you think Hale's presence was planned or just coincidence?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the danger of a Digital Fortress encryption program to an entity like the NSA. What would it mean for super computers like TRANSLTR? What does the Bergofsky Principle mean? Why is it the first thing everybody mentions when they hear about the Digital Fortress encryption program?
Essay Topic 3
There are different kinds of characters in the book, some good and some bad. Who is your favorite character? Explain why. Who is you least favorite character and why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)