Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Swathmore want ll traces and references to Digital Fortress removed?
2. What does Hale find when he arrives at the hangar?
3. According to North Dakota, who killed Tankado?
4. What is missing from Tankado's possessions?
5. What were Tankado's plans for Digital Fortress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fontaine respond to the problem with the crypto dome?
2. Swathmore was begging Susan to stay with him. What did he know when he saw the pager messages?
3. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
4. Why is Susan surprised at the suicide note, supposedly written by Hale?
5. What does Susan have Soshi do?
6. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
7. The only escape from Crypto is through Swathmore's private elevator. How does Susan arrive at the password?
8. What is the problem with data banks?
9. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
10. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Hale and other characters complain about the EFF. What is the EFF? What are its functions? What are the pros and cons of watchdog organizations? Why was it mentioned so often by the various characters?
Essay Topic 2
What is cryptology? Explain why it is important. Have you ever had any experience with encryption programs? What is decoding and why is it important? What kind of entities are interested in breaking code and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is an anonymous server? What are the benefits of an anonymous server? Under what circumstances would people want to use one and why?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)