|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan plan to use in searching for the pass key on Hale's computer?
2. After looking at the files on Hale's computer, Susan suspects that __________________________.
3. Swathmore's plan includes _________________________________.
4. What is TRANSLTR?
5. What is Susan Fletcher's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the missing ring?
2. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
3. What is Midge's plan when she learns that it is possible for Swathmore to bypass Gauntlet?
4. How does Swathmore respond when learning about Greg Hale being North Dakota?
5. Why does Brinkerhoff find Fontaine's reaction to the problems in Crypto to be strange?
6. What is the purpose of the NSA?
7. How does Becker find Rochio?
8. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
9. How does Phil Chartrukian come into conflict with Swathmore?
10. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swathmore's actions cost the government a two billion dollar super computer and caused the death of or affected the lives of many people. Do you think Swathmore deserved to die? Why or why not? Was it poetic justice? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are different kinds of characters in the book, some good and some bad. Who is your favorite character? Explain why. Who is you least favorite character and why?
Essay Topic 3
Give your opinion on the following: Should government employees be bound by ethics? How far should they be allowed to go in the interests of national security?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)