|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels threatened about a possible investigation if TRANSLTR is shut down?
2. Susan's tracer program was ___________________.
3. Who or what is North Dakota?
4. Midge obtains the keys to the Director's office by ____________________________.
5. Susan escapes from Node 3 by _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
2. What is a mutation string?
3. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
4. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
5. What is a tracer?
6. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
7. What is Midge's plan when she learns that it is possible for Swathmore to bypass Gauntlet?
8. What deal does Hale want?
9. Why did Swathmore send David Becker to Spain?
10. Why does Becker decide to enter the Club Embrujo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg Hale is in Crypto on the Saturday when TRANSLTR is trying to break the Digital Fortress code. All cryptologists are urged to not work on Saturdays. Why is this so? Do you think Hale's presence was planned or just coincidence?
Essay Topic 2
David Becker went to Seville, Spain because Swathmore asked him to. Why did Swathmore send an amateur? Why didn't he send professional? What were Swathmore's ulterior motives?
Essay Topic 3
Swathmore had his own plans for the Digital Fortress encryption program. What did he plan to do? What would have been the implications of his plan if he could have carried it out? Why was Hale trying to stop Swathmore?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)