|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Becker learns from Two-Tone that Megan is leaving for:
2. Swathmore calls Hale's bluff by __________________________.
3. The kid on the bus tells Becker about Judas Taboo and that ___________________________________-.
4. What happens before Susan can leave the bathroom?
5. What is David Becker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the missing ring?
2. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
3. What is Midge's plan when she learns that it is possible for Swathmore to bypass Gauntlet?
4. What deal does Hale want?
5. What does Becker learn from Two-Tone?
6. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
7. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
8. How does Becker find Rochio?
9. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
10. What is a mutation string?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tankado's grudge against the United States? Why did he harbor this grudge? Do you think this had anything to do with his scheme and the the mention of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the message in the Caesar's Box. Do you think he set out to destroy TRANSLTR?
Essay Topic 2
There are different kinds of characters in the book, some good and some bad. Who is your favorite character? Explain why. Who is you least favorite character and why?
Essay Topic 3
The Digital Fortress is a suspense novel. Discuss the level of suspense in the novel. Is it at the proper level? Did you feel that you couldn't put the book down because you have to know what happened next? Is this the way it should be? What is the role of suspense?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)