|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swathmore want Susan Fletcher to do?
2. What is missing from Tankado's possessions?
3. When Susan checks Hale's computer, she finds __________________________-.
4. What action does Chartrukian decide to take?
5. Hale wants Susan to come with him because he __________________________--.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
2. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
3. What is a mutation string?
4. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
5. Why does Phil Chartrukian decide to report the possibility of a TRANSLTR virus to his superior?
6. What deal does Hale want?
7. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
8. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
9. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
10. What is Midge's plan when she learns that it is possible for Swathmore to bypass Gauntlet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swathmore had his own plans for the Digital Fortress encryption program. What did he plan to do? What would have been the implications of his plan if he could have carried it out? Why was Hale trying to stop Swathmore?
Essay Topic 2
Tankado opposed the secrecy of TRANSLTR and devised his scheme to force the NSA to make its existence known. How did Tankado make this fact known? Do you think Tankado expected his worm to do the damage it eventually did? What would the use of the terms Hiroshima and Nagasaki indicate?
Essay Topic 3
There are different kinds of characters in the book, some good and some bad. Who is your favorite character? Explain why. Who is you least favorite character and why?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)