Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Swathmore want ll traces and references to Digital Fortress removed?
2. What does Hale find when he arrives at the hangar?
3. According to North Dakota, who killed Tankado?
4. What is missing from Tankado's possessions?
5. What were Tankado's plans for Digital Fortress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fontaine respond to the problem with the crypto dome?
2. Swathmore was begging Susan to stay with him. What did he know when he saw the pager messages?
3. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
4. Why is Susan surprised at the suicide note, supposedly written by Hale?
5. What does Susan have Soshi do?
6. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
7. The only escape from Crypto is through Swathmore's private elevator. How does Susan arrive at the password?
8. What is the problem with data banks?
9. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
10. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
There are different kinds of characters in the book, some good and some bad. Who is your favorite character? Explain why. Who is you least favorite character and why?
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
Give your opinion on the following: Should government employees be bound by ethics? How far should they be allowed to go in the interests of national security?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)