|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Swathmore calls Hale's bluff by __________________________.
2. Which of the following is Phil Chartrukian not concerned with?
3. The first code writer was________________.
4. When Susan checks Hale's computer, she finds __________________________-.
5. What is Chartrukian told by Swathmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
2. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
3. What does Becker learn from Two-Tone?
4. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
5. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
6. What deal does Hale want?
7. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
8. What is a mutation string?
9. What is Midge's plan when she learns that it is possible for Swathmore to bypass Gauntlet?
10. How does Phil Chartrukian come into conflict with Swathmore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg Hale is in Crypto on the Saturday when TRANSLTR is trying to break the Digital Fortress code. All cryptologists are urged to not work on Saturdays. Why is this so? Do you think Hale's presence was planned or just coincidence?
Essay Topic 2
Give your opinion on the following: Should government employees be bound by ethics? How far should they be allowed to go in the interests of national security?
Essay Topic 3
Most organizations function on the basis of team work yet Swathmore told only Susan Fletcher about the Digital Fortress problem. Other people who learned about the TRANSLTR run time, began to ask questions and were rebuffed. Some took actions on their own. Was this the proper way to handle the situation? Would problems have been avoided if Swathmore hadn't been so secretive?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)