|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Director tell Midge and Brinkerhoff not to interfere in Crypto?
2. What is Digital Fortress?
3. When Megan goes back and talks to Becker, she _________________________.
4. Why doesn't Baker recognize the man in the wire-rimmed glasses at Club Embrujo?
5. What do Swathmore and Susan think of the ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
2. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
3. What is a cipher text?
4. Why does Becker decide to enter the Club Embrujo?
5. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
6. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
7. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
8. What is the Monocle?
9. Why did Swathmore send David Becker to Spain?
10. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Hale and other characters complain about the EFF. What is the EFF? What are its functions? What are the pros and cons of watchdog organizations? Why was it mentioned so often by the various characters?
Essay Topic 2
What was Tankado's grudge against the United States? Why did he harbor this grudge? Do you think this had anything to do with his scheme and the the mention of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the message in the Caesar's Box. Do you think he set out to destroy TRANSLTR?
Essay Topic 3
Fontaine does not intervene in the situation until after the explosion in crypto. Why does he wait? What information does he have from tapping Swathmore's computer account? Evaluate Fontaine's handling of the situation.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)