Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Swathmore want ll traces and references to Digital Fortress removed?
2. What does Hale find when he arrives at the hangar?
3. According to North Dakota, who killed Tankado?
4. What is missing from Tankado's possessions?
5. What were Tankado's plans for Digital Fortress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fontaine respond to the problem with the crypto dome?
2. Swathmore was begging Susan to stay with him. What did he know when he saw the pager messages?
3. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
4. Why is Susan surprised at the suicide note, supposedly written by Hale?
5. What does Susan have Soshi do?
6. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
7. The only escape from Crypto is through Swathmore's private elevator. How does Susan arrive at the password?
8. What is the problem with data banks?
9. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
10. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
Essay Topic 1
Tankado's favorite saying was 'Who Will Guard the Guards?' Explain the meaning of this term within the context of the novel. Who was Tankado applying the term to and why?
Essay Topic 2
Fontaine does not intervene in the situation until after the explosion in crypto. Why does he wait? What information does he have from tapping Swathmore's computer account? Evaluate Fontaine's handling of the situation.
Essay Topic 3
Most organizations function on the basis of team work yet Swathmore told only Susan Fletcher about the Digital Fortress problem. Other people who learned about the TRANSLTR run time, began to ask questions and were rebuffed. Some took actions on their own. Was this the proper way to handle the situation? Would problems have been avoided if Swathmore hadn't been so secretive?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)