|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not happen as Becker walks out of the hotel in Spain?
2. What does Hale tell a terrified Susan?
3. Why doesn't Becker leave Spain?
4. What does Susan hear when she opens the bathroom door?
5. Who or what is North Dakota?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Hulohot was wrong in thinking that Becker had no way out of the viewing platform area.
2. How does Fontaine respond to the problem with the crypto dome?
3. Why did Fontaine send his own team to Spain?
4. What does Swathmore do when Susan leaves to cut off the power to TRANSLTR?
5. What does Susan have Soshi do?
6. Why was the Digital Fortress algorithm a hoax?
7. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
8. What is in Caesar's Box?
9. How does Becker become trapped in the Seville Cathedral?
10. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Digital Fortress is a suspense novel. Discuss the level of suspense in the novel. Is it at the proper level? Did you feel that you couldn't put the book down because you have to know what happened next? Is this the way it should be? What is the role of suspense?
Essay Topic 2
What good are security procedures if employees violate them? Security procedures, including need-to-know, have a purpose. Discuss this purpose and apply it to the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of encryption. What does encryption mean for privacy? Explain why people use encryption programs.
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)