|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jabba learn from his assistant?
2. How much is Numataka supposed to pay for the pass key?
3. When Midge learns that it is possible to override Gauntlet, what does she plan to do?
4. What is Chartrukian told by Swathmore?
5. What did Tankado demand of Swathmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
2. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
3. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
4. What is a mutation string?
5. Why does Phil Chartrukian decide to report the possibility of a TRANSLTR virus to his superior?
6. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
7. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
8. Why did Swathmore send David Becker to Spain?
9. What is Midge's plan when she learns that it is possible for Swathmore to bypass Gauntlet?
10. What is a tracer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swathmore's actions cost the government a two billion dollar super computer and caused the death of or affected the lives of many people. Do you think Swathmore deserved to die? Why or why not? Was it poetic justice? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is an anonymous server? What are the benefits of an anonymous server? Under what circumstances would people want to use one and why?
Essay Topic 3
The Digital Fortress is a suspense novel. Discuss the level of suspense in the novel. Is it at the proper level? Did you feel that you couldn't put the book down because you have to know what happened next? Is this the way it should be? What is the role of suspense?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)