|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David Becker?
2. What is missing from Tankado's possessions?
3. How does Becker try to find the German?
4. What were Tankado's plans for Digital Fortress?
5. What does Swathmore do when he learns about Greg Hale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
2. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
3. Why does Becker decide to enter the Club Embrujo?
4. How does Becker find Rochio?
5. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
6. What is the significance of the missing ring?
7. What is a mutation string?
8. What is a tracer?
9. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
10. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Tankado's schemes duped Swathmore and others at the NSA, and it cost the NSA its TRANSLTR computer. Explain Tankado's scheme and how he orchestrated it. How could Swathmore be duped? What did Tankado have to know in order for Swathmore to be duped?
Essay Topic 3
What is an anonymous server? What are the benefits of an anonymous server? Under what circumstances would people want to use one and why?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)