|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Becker try to find the German?
2. What does not happen as Becker walks out of the hotel in Spain?
3. When Megan goes back and talks to Becker, she _________________________.
4. What happens before Susan can leave the bathroom?
5. Becker learns from Two-Tone that Megan is leaving for:
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Hale want?
2. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
3. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
4. What is a tracer?
5. What is the purpose of the NSA?
6. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
7. What is the Monocle?
8. Why did Swathmore send David Becker to Spain?
9. After talking to Swathmore, what does Susan learn from Hale?
10. How does Swathmore respond when learning about Greg Hale being North Dakota?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg Hale is in Crypto on the Saturday when TRANSLTR is trying to break the Digital Fortress code. All cryptologists are urged to not work on Saturdays. Why is this so? Do you think Hale's presence was planned or just coincidence?
Essay Topic 2
Tankado opposed the secrecy of TRANSLTR and devised his scheme to force the NSA to make its existence known. How did Tankado make this fact known? Do you think Tankado expected his worm to do the damage it eventually did? What would the use of the terms Hiroshima and Nagasaki indicate?
Essay Topic 3
The Digital Fortress is a suspense novel. Discuss the level of suspense in the novel. Is it at the proper level? Did you feel that you couldn't put the book down because you have to know what happened next? Is this the way it should be? What is the role of suspense?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)