|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Tankado's ring?
2. The one billion dollar code figure is explained by ____________________________.
3. What is missing from Tankado's possessions?
4. Susan's tracer program was ___________________.
5. What does Susan plan to use in searching for the pass key on Hale's computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
2. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
3. What is the significance of the missing ring?
4. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
5. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
6. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
7. What deal does Hale want?
8. Why does Brinkerhoff find Fontaine's reaction to the problems in Crypto to be strange?
9. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
10. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swathmore's actions cost the government a two billion dollar super computer and caused the death of or affected the lives of many people. Do you think Swathmore deserved to die? Why or why not? Was it poetic justice? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Tankado's favorite saying was 'Who Will Guard the Guards?' Explain the meaning of this term within the context of the novel. Who was Tankado applying the term to and why?
Essay Topic 3
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)