|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Digital Fortress?
2. What does Jabba learn from his assistant?
3. Swathmore tells Susan that he wants to talk to her and that ________________________________.
4. Susan escapes from Node 3 by _____________________.
5. What does Swathmore want Susan Fletcher to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a tracer?
2. How does Greg Hale feel he has to stop Phil Chartrukian?
3. After talking to Swathmore, what does Susan learn from Hale?
4. Why did Swathmore send David Becker to Spain?
5. How does Swathmore respond when learning about Greg Hale being North Dakota?
6. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
7. What is a cipher text?
8. How does Becker find Rochio?
9. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
10. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Digital Fortress is a suspense novel. Discuss the level of suspense in the novel. Is it at the proper level? Did you feel that you couldn't put the book down because you have to know what happened next? Is this the way it should be? What is the role of suspense?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons of encryption. What does encryption mean for privacy? Explain why people use encryption programs.
Essay Topic 3
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)