|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is TRANSLTR?
2. Hale is bothered by ____________________-.
3. In trying to find Megan and the ring, Becker travels to the airport by _____________.
4. What does Susan try to do from Swathmore's office?
5. What does North Dakota tell Numataka about the pass keys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
2. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
3. Explain why Hulohot was wrong in thinking that Becker had no way out of the viewing platform area.
4. Who hired Hulohot and offered the pass key to Numataka?
5. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
6. Why does Phil Chartrukian decide to report the possibility of a TRANSLTR virus to his superior?
7. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
8. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
9. What is the purpose of the NSA?
10. What is a tracer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Swathmore's actions cost the government a two billion dollar super computer and caused the death of or affected the lives of many people. Do you think Swathmore deserved to die? Why or why not? Was it poetic justice? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are different kinds of characters in the book, some good and some bad. Who is your favorite character? Explain why. Who is you least favorite character and why?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)