|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Becker finds Rochio's hotel number by ___________________________.
2. Why doesn't Becker leave Spain?
3. What is Digital Fortress?
4. When Milken and Brinkerhoff question Swathmore, what does he tell them?
5. How much is Numataka supposed to pay for the pass key?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
2. Why does Becker decide to enter the Club Embrujo?
3. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
4. What does Becker learn from Two-Tone?
5. Why does Phil Chartrukian decide to report the possibility of a TRANSLTR virus to his superior?
6. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
7. What is a cipher text?
8. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
9. What is a mutation string?
10. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Digital Fortress is a suspense novel. Discuss the level of suspense in the novel. Is it at the proper level? Did you feel that you couldn't put the book down because you have to know what happened next? Is this the way it should be? What is the role of suspense?
Essay Topic 2
Swathmore's actions cost the government a two billion dollar super computer and caused the death of or affected the lives of many people. Do you think Swathmore deserved to die? Why or why not? Was it poetic justice? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Tankado's schemes duped Swathmore and others at the NSA, and it cost the NSA its TRANSLTR computer. Explain Tankado's scheme and how he orchestrated it. How could Swathmore be duped? What did Tankado have to know in order for Swathmore to be duped?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)