|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Swathmore had plans to ___________________________________.
2. Midge obtains the keys to the Director's office by ____________________________.
3. Who or what is North Dakota?
4. The first code writer was________________.
5. When Milken and Brinkerhoff question Swathmore, what does he tell them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the missing ring?
2. How does Becker find Rochio?
3. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
4. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
5. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
6. What deal does Hale want?
7. After talking to Swathmore, what does Susan learn from Hale?
8. How does Phil Chartrukian come into conflict with Swathmore?
9. Why does Hale want Susan to come with him?
10. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give your opinion on the following: Should government employees be bound by ethics? How far should they be allowed to go in the interests of national security?
Essay Topic 2
The NSA staff does not work as a team until the end of the novel. Explain how this caused many of the problems that occurred. What is the value of teamwork? Explain within the context of the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Hale and other characters complain about the EFF. What is the EFF? What are its functions? What are the pros and cons of watchdog organizations? Why was it mentioned so often by the various characters?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)