|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rochio tells Becker that she _______________________-.
2. What do Midge Milken and Chad Brinkerhoff question?
3. What were Tankado's plans for Digital Fortress?
4. When Susan tells Swathmore about Hale, what does she want him to do?
5. What does Midge Wilken see from her office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Swathmore respond when learning about Greg Hale being North Dakota?
2. What is the significance of the missing ring?
3. How does Phil Chartrukian come into conflict with Swathmore?
4. Why did Swathmore send David Becker to Spain?
5. What does Swathmore plan to do about the situation in Crypto?
6. What leads Susan to believe that Greg Hale is North Dakota?
7. After talking to Swathmore, what does Susan learn from Hale?
8. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
9. What deal does Hale want?
10. Becker tries to call Swathmore from the airport but can't get a line. What does he remember?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tankado's grudge against the United States? Why did he harbor this grudge? Do you think this had anything to do with his scheme and the the mention of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the message in the Caesar's Box. Do you think he set out to destroy TRANSLTR?
Essay Topic 2
Greg Hale is in Crypto on the Saturday when TRANSLTR is trying to break the Digital Fortress code. All cryptologists are urged to not work on Saturdays. Why is this so? Do you think Hale's presence was planned or just coincidence?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of encryption. What does encryption mean for privacy? Explain why people use encryption programs.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)