|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Swathmore and Susan think of the ring?
2. In trying to find Megan and the ring, Becker travels to the airport by _____________.
3. Which of the following is Phil Chartrukian not concerned with?
4. The one billion dollar code figure is explained by ____________________________.
5. When Susan is talking to Fletcher, Greg Hale _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Jabba had been ignoring Midge's concerns about TRANSLTR and the possibility of a virus all day. Why did he suddenly drop what he was doing and run to the main data banks?
2. How does Becker find Rochio?
3. What is the significance of the missing ring?
4. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
5. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
6. What is a tracer?
7. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
8. What happens when Midge and Brinkerhoff are in the Director's office looking at the printout?
9. Why does Brinkerhoff find Fontaine's reaction to the problems in Crypto to be strange?
10. What does Hale say to Susan when they are in Node 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an anonymous server? What are the benefits of an anonymous server? Under what circumstances would people want to use one and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the danger of a Digital Fortress encryption program to an entity like the NSA. What would it mean for super computers like TRANSLTR? What does the Bergofsky Principle mean? Why is it the first thing everybody mentions when they hear about the Digital Fortress encryption program?
Essay Topic 3
Give your opinion on the following: Should government employees be bound by ethics? How far should they be allowed to go in the interests of national security?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)