|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Susan called to work on a Saturday?
(a) she had an overdue report
(b) TRANSLTR could not break a code
(c) there was a crisis in the Middle East
(d) her superior was sick
2. When Becker finds the Canadian, what does he learn about the ring?
(a) that the Canadian won't give him the ring
(b) that there is no engraving in the ring
(c) that Tankado gave the ring to a German who was with a red haired woman
(d) that he has the ring
3. What is TRANSLTR?
(a) a codename for Susan Fletcher
(b) the NSA computer
(c) a book written by David Becker
(d) a department at the CIA
4. When Susan checks Hale's computer, she finds __________________________-.
(a) Hale's correspondence with North Dakota
(b) nothing suspicious
(c) e-mail from Rankado addressed to North Dakota
(d) security files Hale isn't authorized to access
5. Why does Swathmore want ll traces and references to Digital Fortress removed?
(a) he wants to stop North Dakota from using the program
(b) he doesn't want the program removed
(c) he wants to sell the program himself
(d) he doesn't want anyone to know it was possible
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jabba learns of the power failure in Crypto, he is not concerned about a virus until he learns that ____________________________.
2. Who or what is North Dakota?
3. In trying to find Megan and the ring, Becker travels to the airport by _____________.
4. Jabaa learns of TRANSLTR running eighteen hours on one file from whom?
5. When loading the Digital Fortress into TRANSLTR, who bypassed the Gauntlet security features?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tankado plan to do with Digital Fortress?
2. What is a tracer?
3. What did the American using the name North Dakota do?
4. What deal does Hale want?
5. What does Becker learn from Two-Tone?
6. What is the Monocle?
7. How does Becker try to locate the ring?
8. What do Chad Brinkerhoff and Midge Milken question?
9. What does Susan think of Swathmore's plan to replace the original Digital Fortress program with a modification?
10. What is a cipher text?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)