|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Adventure of a Clerk," who does Enrico talk to at work?
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is implied at the end of the story?
3. In "Desire in November", when did Barbagallo's clothes get stolen?
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
5. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does Belmoretto rent to people?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do?
2. In "Desire in November", who is Barbagallo?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
4. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo and what does she do to get his attention?
5. In "Transit Bed", who sleeps in the bed and why?
6. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
7. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
8. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what inspires Usnelli to write poetry?
9. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who is Bice?
10. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss how the endings of
1) "The House of the Beehives"
2) "Big Fish, Little Fish" and
3) "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"
affect and define each of the stories.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the roles of women in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the roles of civilians during World War II as illustrated within the text.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)