|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", who does Belmoretto go to see?
2. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel when his day starts?
3. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
4. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", why don't people recognize Amilcare?
5. In "The Adventure of a Clerk," what has Enrico Gnei been doing all night?
Essay Topic 1
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the theme of waste in
1) "Man in the Wasteland" and
2) "Lazy Sons"
making sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why each of the stories in "Stories of Love and Loneliness" are indeed stories of love and loneliness.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)