Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman's initial response to the soldier's advances?
3. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what makes the soldier think that the woman sitting next to him wants him to touch her?
5. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
Essay Topic 1
Highlight and explain the author's use of metaphor and/or symbolism, perhaps mentioning:
A) "One Of The Three Is Still Alive"
B) "Big Fish, Little Fish"
C) "Adam, One Afternoon"
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the main characters in
1) "The Adventure of a Photographer"
2) "The Adventure of a Traveler" and
3) "The Adventure of a Reader"
neglect to focus on reality. Discuss how and why this is important.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)