Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman's initial response to the soldier's advances?
3. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what makes the soldier think that the woman sitting next to him wants him to touch her?
5. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss how the endings of
1) "The House of the Beehives"
2) "Big Fish, Little Fish" and
3) "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"
affect and define each of the stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the human relations exhibited in the Postwar Stories.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)