|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where do Usnelli and Delia go swimming?
2. In "Transit Bed", what is Gim's profession?
3. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli have a hard time doing?
4. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who gets arrested?
5. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what does the word "demimondaine" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do?
2. How does "Transit Bed" end?
3. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's problem and how does he fix it?
4. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
5. In "Desire in November", who is Barbagallo?
6. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", what is the clerk doing?
7. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo and what does she do to get his attention?
8. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
9. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
10. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the roles of women in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss how the endings of
1) "The House of the Beehives"
2) "Big Fish, Little Fish" and
3) "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"
affect and define each of the stories.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)