|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is the first to eat a pastry?
2. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare no longer enjoy?
3. In "Transit Bed", who is running from the police?
4. In "Desire in November", how is Barbagallo perceived by most women?
5. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", is Federico rich?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the stories in "Difficult Loves" are and are not dated.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)