Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman's initial response to the soldier's advances?
3. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what makes the soldier think that the woman sitting next to him wants him to touch her?
5. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss how the endings of
1) "The House of the Beehives"
2) "Big Fish, Little Fish" and
3) "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"
affect and define each of the stories.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the main characters in
1) "The Adventure of a Photographer"
2) "The Adventure of a Traveler" and
3) "The Adventure of a Reader"
neglect to focus on reality. Discuss how and why this is important.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)