|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio become obsessed with?
2. In "Transit Bed", what is Armanda's profession?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
4. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where does the story take place?
5. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does Belmoretto rent to people?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who finally helps the bather?
2. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli see that is beautiful? How does he feel about it?
3. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
4. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what inspires Usnelli to write poetry?
5. In "Desire in November", why is Barbagallo by the fur shop?
6. In "Desire in November", who is Linda?
7. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
8. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
9. In "Desire in November", who is Barbagallo?
10. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", why doesn't Antonino like amateur photographs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What literary technique did you feel the author used most effectively in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss how the endings of
1) "The House of the Beehives"
2) "Big Fish, Little Fish" and
3) "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"
affect and define each of the stories.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)