|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Transit Bed", what does Gim want while hiding?
2. In "The Adventure of a Clerk," what has Enrico Gnei been doing all night?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is still in the pastry shop when the police arrive?
4. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who are La Bolognese and Mad Maria?
5. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", how does Belmoretto rent out the object he himself has rented?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Desire in November", who is Linda?
2. How does "Transit Bed" end?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what makes the thieves more excited than money? Why?
4. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
5. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", what is the clerk doing?
6. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
7. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo and what does she do to get his attention?
8. In "Transit Bed", who sleeps in the bed and why?
9. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
10. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what inspires Usnelli to write poetry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the human relations exhibited in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 2
Highlight and explain the author's use of metaphor and/or symbolism, perhaps mentioning:
A) "One Of The Three Is Still Alive"
B) "Big Fish, Little Fish"
C) "Adam, One Afternoon"
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)