|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Desire in November", what did Barbagallo get arrested for repeatedly?
2. In "Desire in November", how does Linda react to Barbagallo?
3. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does everyone want to do?
4. In "Transit Bed", what does Gim want while hiding?
5. "The Adventure of a Clerk," what does Enrico Gnei do before work?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who is Bice?
2. In "Desire in November", who is Linda?
3. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
4. Explain the title of "Desire in November".
5. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
6. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's problem and how does he fix it?
7. How does "Transit Bed" end?
8. In "Desire in November", why is Barbagallo by the fur shop?
9. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
10. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the appearance of war and its affects that occur in various stories.
Essay Topic 2
Highlight and explain the author's use of metaphor and/or symbolism, perhaps mentioning:
A) "One Of The Three Is Still Alive"
B) "Big Fish, Little Fish"
C) "Adam, One Afternoon"
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)