|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is implied at the end of the story?
2. In "Transit Bed", who is Lilin?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what does Federico do while traveling?
4. In "Desire in November", what did Barbagallo get arrested for repeatedly?
5. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what is the relationship between Usnelli and Delia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", why does Jolanda enter the bar first?
2. In "Desire in November", why is Barbagallo by the fur shop?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
4. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
6. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
7. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
8. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
9. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli see that is beautiful? How does he feel about it?
10. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", what is the clerk doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss how the mood and tone of a story influences a reader's perception, perhaps mentioning:
A) "Hunger at Bevera"
B) "Transit Bed"
C) "Desire in November" or
D) "One of the Three Is Still Alive"
Essay Topic 3
What literary technique did you feel the author used most effectively in this book?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)