|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Desire in November", what does Barbagallo touch repeatedly?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is the setting?
3. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who does Antonino Paraggi look down upon?
4. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who broke into the pastry shop according to the official police report?
5. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Cinzia live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
2. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
4. In "Desire in November", why is Barbagallo by the fur shop?
5. Explain the title of "Desire in November".
6. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
7. Describe the characters of Delia and Usnelli in "The Adventure of a Poet".
8. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
9. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
10. How does "Transit Bed" end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the roles of women in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the theme of waste in
1) "Man in the Wasteland" and
2) "Lazy Sons"
making sure to cite examples from the text.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)