|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what is the relationship between Emanuele and Jolanda?
2. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", how does Belmoretto rent out the object he himself has rented?
3. In "Transit Bed", who is running from the police?
4. In "The Adventure of a Clerk," what has Enrico Gnei been doing all night?
5. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is still in the pastry shop when the police arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
2. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
4. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's problem and how does he fix it?
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
6. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo and what does she do to get his attention?
7. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
8. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
9. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
10. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", why does Jolanda enter the bar first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Highlight and explain the author's use of metaphor and/or symbolism, perhaps mentioning:
A) "One Of The Three Is Still Alive"
B) "Big Fish, Little Fish"
C) "Adam, One Afternoon"
Essay Topic 2
Explore the appearance of war and its affects that occur in various stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the stories in "Difficult Loves" are and are not dated.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)