|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", how does Federico travel?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is the setting?
3. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare put on glasses to look at?
4. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio take pictures of at the end of the story?
5. In "Transit Bed", what does Gim want while hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", why doesn't Antonino like amateur photographs?
2. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
3. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what inspires Usnelli to write poetry?
4. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
5. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli see that is beautiful? How does he feel about it?
6. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo and what does she do to get his attention?
7. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who is Bice?
8. Write a synopsis of "The Adventure of a Soldier".
9. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
10. Explain the title of "Desire in November".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 2
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)