Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman's initial response to the soldier's advances?
3. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what makes the soldier think that the woman sitting next to him wants him to touch her?
5. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss Calvino's writing style as exhibited in "Difficult Loves", perhaps mentioning
B) Use of details
D) Time period and
and making sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why each of the stories in "Stories of Love and Loneliness" are indeed stories of love and loneliness.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)