|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who does Antonio fall in love with?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is Isotta's fear?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Federico live?
4. In "Desire in November", what did Barbagallo get arrested for repeatedly?
5. In "Desire in November", where does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what makes the thieves more excited than money? Why?
2. Explain the title of "Desire in November".
3. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
4. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
6. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's problem and how does he fix it?
7. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
8. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
9. Describe the characters of Delia and Usnelli in "The Adventure of a Poet".
10. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the human relations exhibited in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why each of the stories in "Stories of Love and Loneliness" are indeed stories of love and loneliness.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of comic relief in the stories of "Difficult Loves."
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)