|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what does Federico do while traveling?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does Isotta lose?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who broke into the pastry shop according to the official police report?
4. In "Transit Bed", what is Gim's profession?
5. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what is the relationship between Usnelli and Delia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
3. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do?
4. Explain the title of "Desire in November".
5. In "Desire in November", who is Barbagallo?
6. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", why does Jolanda enter the bar first?
7. Describe the characters of Delia and Usnelli in "The Adventure of a Poet".
8. How does "Transit Bed" end?
9. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli see that is beautiful? How does he feel about it?
10. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the roles of civilians during World War II as illustrated within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)