|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio become obsessed with?
2. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio take pictures of at the end of the story?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
4. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare worry about?
5. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what is the relationship between Emanuele and Jolanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Transit Bed" end?
2. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli see that is beautiful? How does he feel about it?
3. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
4. In "Transit Bed", who sleeps in the bed and why?
5. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
6. Describe the characters of Delia and Usnelli in "The Adventure of a Poet".
7. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what makes the thieves more excited than money? Why?
8. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
9. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
10. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who finally helps the bather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Highlight and explain the author's use of metaphor and/or symbolism, perhaps mentioning:
A) "One Of The Three Is Still Alive"
B) "Big Fish, Little Fish"
C) "Adam, One Afternoon"
Essay Topic 2
What literary technique did you feel the author used most effectively in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the theme of waste in
1) "Man in the Wasteland" and
2) "Lazy Sons"
making sure to cite examples from the text.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)