|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
2. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how do the Dolori boys get out to the ship?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl poke with a stick?
5. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
2. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
3. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
4. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what is the traveler obsessed with?
5. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
6. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
7. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
8. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
9. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
10. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
Essay Topic 2
Italo Calvino is a critically acclaimed author.
Part 1) Describe Calvino's popularity and place in history as a writer.
Part 2) Explain why he was and still is pivotal to contemporary literature.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the stories in "Difficult Loves" are and are not dated.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)