|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
2. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
3. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator do to the dark woman?
4. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
5. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", how does Baciccin ruin hunting for the boy and his father?
4. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
6. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
7. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
8. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
9. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
10. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the roles of civilians during World War II as illustrated within the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the human relations exhibited in the Postwar Stories.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)