|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
3. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
4. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
5. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
4. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", how does the one man escape?
5. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
6. Describe Zefferino of "Big Fish, Little Fish".
7. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
8. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
9. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
10. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss how the endings of
1) "The House of the Beehives"
2) "Big Fish, Little Fish" and
3) "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"
affect and define each of the stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the roles of civilians during World War II as illustrated within the text.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)