|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
2. In "Hunger at Bevera", how does Bisma leave town?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what is used as a shield?
4. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
5. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
2. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
3. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
4. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
6. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
7. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
8. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
9. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
10. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the human relations exhibited in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why each of the stories in "Stories of Love and Loneliness" are indeed stories of love and loneliness.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)