Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who holds the gun?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
2. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
3. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", why doesn't Antonino like amateur photographs?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
5. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
6. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
7. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do?
8. In "Desire in November", who is Linda?
9. How does "Transit Bed" end?
10. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss Calvino's writing style as exhibited in "Difficult Loves", perhaps mentioning
B) Use of details
D) Time period and
and making sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the roles of women in the Postwar Stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the appearance of war and its affects that occur in various stories.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)