|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lazy Sons", who is the narrator?
2. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", which word best describes Signorina De Magistris' physical appearance?
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", who narrates?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
2. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
4. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
5. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
6. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
7. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
8. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
9. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
10. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of comic relief in the stories of "Difficult Loves."
Essay Topic 2
Explore the appearance of war and its affects that occur in various stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)