|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who ruins the hunt?
3. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
4. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
2. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
3. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
4. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
5. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
6. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
7. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
8. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
9. In "Lazy Sons", what is the family dynamic?
10. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the roles of women in the Postwar Stories.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)