|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
2. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
3. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
3. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
4. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
5. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
6. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
7. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
8. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
9. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
10. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss examples of social class divisions within the story, being sure to touch upon:
a) Outlooks on life
d) Perception of other classes
Be sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the main characters in
1) "The Adventure of a Photographer"
2) "The Adventure of a Traveler" and
3) "The Adventure of a Reader"
neglect to focus on reality. Discuss how and why this is important.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the human relations exhibited in the Postwar Stories.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)