|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", which word best describes Signorina De Magistris' physical appearance?
2. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
3. In "Lazy Sons", who is the narrator?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
5. In "Hunger at Bevera", how does Bisma leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
2. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
3. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
5. Describe Zefferino of "Big Fish, Little Fish".
6. In "Man in the Wasteland", how does Baciccin ruin hunting for the boy and his father?
7. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
8. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
9. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
10. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
Essay Topic 2
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 3
Prostitution is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)