|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who holds the gun?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
2. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
3. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", why doesn't Antonino like amateur photographs?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
5. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
6. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
7. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do?
8. In "Desire in November", who is Linda?
9. How does "Transit Bed" end?
10. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
Essay Topic 1
What literary technique did you feel the author used most effectively in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss how the mood and tone of a story influences a reader's perception, perhaps mentioning:
A) "Hunger at Bevera"
B) "Transit Bed"
C) "Desire in November" or
D) "One of the Three Is Still Alive"
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)