|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
3. In "Fear on the Footpath", what is Binda's occupation?
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
5. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three people?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
2. What is the surprise ending of "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"?
3. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
4. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
5. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
6. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
7. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
8. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
9. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
10. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the main characters in
1) "The Adventure of a Photographer"
2) "The Adventure of a Traveler" and
3) "The Adventure of a Reader"
neglect to focus on reality. Discuss how and why this is important.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the stories in "Difficult Loves" are and are not dated.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why each of the stories in "Stories of Love and Loneliness" are indeed stories of love and loneliness.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)