|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the survivor worry s/he will be driven to?
3. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
4. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how do the Dolori boys get out to the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
2. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
3. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
4. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
5. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
6. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
7. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
8. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
9. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
10. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of comic relief in the stories of "Difficult Loves."
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss how the mood and tone of a story influences a reader's perception, perhaps mentioning:
A) "Hunger at Bevera"
B) "Transit Bed"
C) "Desire in November" or
D) "One of the Three Is Still Alive"
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss the theme of waste in
1) "Man in the Wasteland" and
2) "Lazy Sons"
making sure to cite examples from the text.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)