|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what is the Dolori gang out doing?
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
3. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
4. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Lazy Sons", what is the family dynamic?
2. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
4. What is the surprise ending of "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"?
5. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
6. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
7. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
8. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
9. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
10. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss the theme of waste in
1) "Man in the Wasteland" and
2) "Lazy Sons"
making sure to cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of comic relief in the stories of "Difficult Loves."
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)