|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
3. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
4. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", Zeffirino loves to ___.
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
2. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
4. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
5. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
6. In "Man in the Wasteland", how does Baciccin ruin hunting for the boy and his father?
7. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
8. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
9. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
10. In "Lazy Sons", what is the family dynamic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the main characters in
1) "The Adventure of a Photographer"
2) "The Adventure of a Traveler" and
3) "The Adventure of a Reader"
neglect to focus on reality. Discuss how and why this is important.
Essay Topic 2
Prostitution is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 3
Italo Calvino is a critically acclaimed author.
Part 1) Describe Calvino's popularity and place in history as a writer.
Part 2) Explain why he was and still is pivotal to contemporary literature.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)