|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
2. In "Animal Woods", what explodes piece by piece in the soldier's hand?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
4. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
5. In "Fear on the Footpath", what major event is happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", how does the one man escape?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
4. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
5. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
6. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
7. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
8. In "Lazy Sons", what is the family dynamic?
9. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
10. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sex is mentioned in many of the stories. Explore and discuss why it is important and why it is necessary.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and discuss the concept of "Adam, One Afternoon" as an allegory for the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss man's will to survive as exhibited in one or more of the Wartime Stories.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)