|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does Belmoretto rent to people?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(d) A mattress.
2. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo?
(a) He is reading and not paying enough attention to her.
(b) He keeps staring at her chest.
(c) He burps in her face.
(d) He stole her book.
3. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli have a hard time doing?
(c) Being happy.
4. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", who is Cinzia?
(a) Federico's mother.
(b) Federico's sister.
(c) Federico's maid.
(d) Federico's girlfriend.
5. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio buy?
(a) An old-fashioned camera.
(b) A potter's wheel.
(c) A new easel.
(d) A new outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman's initial response to the soldier's advances?
2. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how do Emanuele and Jolanda make a living?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what does Federico do when he gets to Cinzia?
4. In "Desire in November", how is Barbagallo perceived by most women?
5. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who goes into the bar first?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Transit Bed", who sleeps in the bed and why?
2. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
3. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does the bather lose and what does she do?
4. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what is Belmoretto's plan?
5. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who is Bice?
6. How does "Transit Bed" end?
7. In "Desire in November", why is Barbagallo by the fur shop?
8. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
9. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
10. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)