|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Transit Bed", where does Gim hide?
(a) In a closet.
(b) The trunk of a car.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The shed.
2. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what is Antonino Paraggi's profession?
(d) Performance artist.
3. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel after starting work?
4. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how do Emanuele and Jolanda make a living?
(a) Selling American dollars.
(b) Pimping Jolanda.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Tending bar.
5. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what does Federico do while traveling?
(a) He eats.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He makes phone calls.
(d) He reads.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Cinzia live?
2. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what does the word "demimondaine" mean?
3. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is still in the pastry shop when the police arrive?
4. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
5. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where do Usnelli and Delia go swimming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the characters of Delia and Usnelli in "The Adventure of a Poet".
2. In "Transit Bed", who sleeps in the bed and why?
3. In "Desire in November", who is Barbagallo?
4. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
5. In "Desire in November", why is Barbagallo by the fur shop?
6. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", why does Jolanda enter the bar first?
7. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
8. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
9. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what makes the thieves more excited than money? Why?
10. How does "Dollars and the Demimondaine" end?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)