|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", what explodes piece by piece in the soldier's hand?
(a) A cat.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A pig.
(d) A chicken.
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A man and a woman arguing.
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", who narrates?
(a) The Goatherd.
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children eat?
(c) Sponge cake.
(d) Ice cream.
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how do the Dolori boys get out to the ship?
(a) They walk.
(b) They anchor their ship right next to it and jump on.
(c) They parachute in.
(d) They swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy become?
2. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
3. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
5. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where is the traveler going and why?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
3. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
4. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
5. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
6. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
7. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
8. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
9. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
10. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)