|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
(a) In a cooler.
(b) In a tide pool.
(c) In a bucket.
(d) In a backpack.
2. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
(a) A soldier and an unarmed man.
(b) Pietro and Andrea.
(c) Libereso and Maria-nunziata.
(d) Zefferino and his father.
3. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(b) Young adults.
(c) Old men.
(d) Old women.
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", who ruins the hunt?
(a) Baciccin's daughter.
(b) The dog.
(c) The father.
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She never cries.
(b) She is a good sister.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She bosses him around.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl poke with a stick?
2. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
5. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what is the traveler obsessed with?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
4. Write a synopsis of "The Adventure of a Soldier".
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what is the man's conundrum with wearing glasses?
6. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
7. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
8. Describe Zefferino of "Big Fish, Little Fish".
9. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
10. What is the surprise ending of "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)