|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
(a) Amphibians, reptiles, fish, bugs and worms.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A ring, necklace and earrings.
2. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) The young man.
(b) The old man.
(c) No one.
(d) The young man and the old man.
3. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
(c) Cold beer.
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
(b) Wild boar.
5. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
2. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
3. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", who are the better swimmers?
4. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
3. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
6. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
7. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
8. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
9. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
10. What is the surprise ending of "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)