|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
(a) The woods.
(b) In a small village.
(c) Florence, Italy.
(d) A cave.
2. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
(a) The unarmed man.
(b) No one.
(d) The soldier.
3. In "Hunger at Bevera", how does Bisma leave town?
(a) He runs.
(b) He drives.
(c) He rides a mule.
(d) He walks.
4. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what attacks Signorina De Magistris?
(a) A bear.
(b) A pack of dogs.
(c) An octopus.
(d) A shark.
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She bosses him around.
(b) She is a good sister.
(c) She never cries.
(d) She is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what is Signorina De Magistris doing when Zeffirino finds her?
2. In "Mine Field", who are the characters?
3. In "Animal Woods", who is given a baby chick?
4. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
2. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
3. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
4. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
5. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
6. In "Lazy Sons", what is the family dynamic?
7. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
8. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
9. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
10. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)