|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", which word best describes Signorina De Magistris' physical appearance?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
(c) Wild boar.
3. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
(a) The father.
4. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
(b) 1940's and 1950's.
(c) 1970's and 1980's.
5. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(b) He is shot by Giua.
(c) He falls off a cliff.
(d) He shoots himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
2. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
3. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
4. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
5. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who is the bather?
3. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what inspires Usnelli to write poetry?
4. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
5. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
6. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
7. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what has the man been avoiding and why?
8. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
9. In "The Adventure of a Clerk", why doesn't the clerk talk to anyone about what he is thinking and feeling?
10. Explain the title of "Desire in November".
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)