|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hunger at Bevera", who kills Bisma?
(c) His neighbors.
(d) The French.
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The dog house.
(b) The crossroads.
(c) At home.
(d) The woods.
3. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
(a) Pietro and Andrea.
(b) Zefferino and his father.
(c) Libereso and Maria-nunziata.
(d) A soldier and an unarmed man.
4. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
(a) They are both studying to be lawyers.
(b) They are about the same age.
(c) They are going to Africa together.
(d) They both like the same girl.
5. In "Mine Field", who are the characters?
(a) A young man and a young woman.
(b) An old man and an old woman.
(c) Two old women.
(d) A young man and an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
2. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
3. In "Animal Woods", who is given a baby chick?
4. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what "guards" the narrator's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
2. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
3. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
5. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
6. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
7. In "Lazy Sons", what is the family dynamic?
8. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", how does the one man escape?
9. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
10. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)