|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
2. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is the last person with livestock?
(a) The mother.
(c) The priest.
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", who narrates?
(c) The Goatherd.
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
(b) The dog.
(c) The boy.
(d) The father.
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
(a) Amphibians, reptiles, fish, bugs and worms.
(b) A ring, necklace and earrings.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", who are the better swimmers?
2. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
3. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
5. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
2. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
3. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", how does Baciccin ruin hunting for the boy and his father?
5. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
6. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
7. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
8. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
9. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
10. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)