|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(c) He is shot by Giua.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
2. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how do the Dolori boys get out to the ship?
(a) They parachute in.
(b) They swim.
(c) They walk.
(d) They anchor their ship right next to it and jump on.
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy first shoot?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
(b) The boy.
(c) A dog.
(d) The father.
5. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
(a) Pietro and Andrea.
(b) Zefferino and his father.
(c) A soldier and an unarmed man.
(d) Libereso and Maria-nunziata.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
2. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the survivor worry s/he will be driven to?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who is the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
5. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
6. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
7. What is the surprise ending of "A Ship Loaded with Crabs"?
8. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
9. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
10. In "Man in the Wasteland", how does Baciccin ruin hunting for the boy and his father?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)