|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Fear on the Footpath", what major event is happening?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
2. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
(a) The old man explodes.
(b) The young man continues on his way.
(c) The old woman laughs at the old man.
(d) The young an explodes.
3. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He is shot by Giua.
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
(a) Into a field.
(b) Into the river.
(c) Into a church.
(d) Into the woods.
5. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", who rescues Signorina De Magistris?
(b) Her lover.
(c) Zeffirino's father.
(d) Ollie the Octopus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", who narrates?
3. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
4. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
3. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", what does Baciccin complain about?
5. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
6. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
7. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
8. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
9. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
10. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)