|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The House of the Beehives", what "guards" the narrator's house?
2. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what is the Dolori gang out doing?
3. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) A garden.
(b) A school room.
(c) The children's house.
(d) The Alps.
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl throw at one of the Dolori boys?
(a) A rock.
(b) A crab.
(c) A jellyfish.
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
(c) Bad smells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how do the Dolori boys get out to the ship?
2. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
4. In "Lazy Sons", who asks Pietro and Andrea to work?
5. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
2. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
4. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
5. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
6. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
7. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
8. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
9. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", how does the narrator perceive the Goatherd?
10. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)