|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
(b) Pietro's girlfriend.
(d) Andrea's girlfriend.
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
(a) A sewage drain.
(b) A cave.
(c) A basement.
(d) A beaver den.
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
(a) They are about the same age.
(b) They both like the same girl.
(c) They are going to Africa together.
(d) They are both studying to be lawyers.
4. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) A cave.
(c) In a small village.
(d) The woods.
5. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three people?
4. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
2. Describe Bisma of "Hunger in Bevera".
3. What is the family dynamic portrayed in "A Goatherd at Luncheon"?
4. Describe Zefferino of "Big Fish, Little Fish".
5. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
6. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
7. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
8. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
9. Describe Baciccin of "Man in the Wasteland".
10. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)