|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She bosses him around.
(c) She never cries.
(d) She is a good sister.
2. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl poke with a stick?
(a) A jellyfish.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A crab.
(d) Her eye.
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", who ruins the hunt?
(a) The father.
(b) Baciccin's daughter.
(c) The dog.
4. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
(d) It doesn't say.
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
2. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
3. In "Animal Woods", who is given a baby chick?
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", how does the one man escape?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", describe Serenella and Giovannino's relationship.
3. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
4. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
5. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
6. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
7. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
8. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
9. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
10. Describe the little boy in "The Crow Comes Last".
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)