|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
(a) The old woman laughs at the old man.
(b) The young man continues on his way.
(c) The young an explodes.
(d) The old man explodes.
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who holds the gun?
(a) The boy.
(c) Baciccin's daughter.
(d) The father.
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
(b) The father.
(c) The dog.
(d) The boy.
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The dog house.
(b) At home.
(c) The woods.
(d) The crossroads.
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
(c) Stay-at-home mom.
(d) Grocery clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
2. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
4. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
5. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some examples of the sons' laziness in "Lazy Sons".
2. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", how do the thieves escape?
3. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", why doesn't Antonino like amateur photographs?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", how do Serenella and Giovannino perceive the little boy in the house?
5. Describe Libereso from "Adam, One Afternoon".
6. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
7. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do?
8. In "Desire in November", who is Linda?
9. How does "Transit Bed" end?
10. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how does Emanuele try to get Jolanda out of the bar?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)