|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is the last person with livestock?
(a) The priest.
(c) The mother.
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", what is Baciccin's nickname?
(a) Baciccin the Irritating.
(b) Baciccin the Lucky.
(d) Baciccin the Blissful.
3. In "Lazy Sons", what do Pietro and Andrea like to do?
(a) Chase women.
(b) Sleep late, smoke, and watch billiards.
(c) Sing and dance.
(d) Work in the family store.
4. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
5. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
(a) In a backpack.
(b) In a bucket.
(c) In a tide pool.
(d) In a cooler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
2. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
4. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
5. In "Animal Woods", what explodes piece by piece in the soldier's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Lazy Sons", what does Pietro think of his brother, Andrea? Why is this ironic?
2. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
3. Describe the unarmed man in "Going to Headquarters".
4. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
5. Describe Binda of "Fear on the Footpath".
6. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's understanding of sex?
7. In "The House of the Beehives", what crime was committed? Describe it.
8. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
9. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", how do Zefferino and Signorina De Magistris' outlooks on life differ?
10. In "Hunger in Bevera", what happens to Bisma?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)