|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
(a) No one.
(b) The soldier.
(d) The unarmed man.
2. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
(a) The Germans and the French.
(b) Hippies and politicians.
(c) Anarchists and Republicans.
(d) Catholics and Jews.
3. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) The young man and the old man.
(b) The young man.
(c) The old man.
(d) No one.
4. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
(a) The widow.
(d) The German soldier.
5. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
(a) Lack of workers.
(b) Bad location.
(c) Bad recipes.
(d) The business doesn't really exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the names of the children?
3. In "Mine Field", what is one of the characters trying to cross?
4. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zefferino of "Big Fish, Little Fish".
2. In "Animal Woods", why are the animals in the woods?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does the one man survive through?
4. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three men and why are they in their predicament?
5. Describe the narrator in "The House of the Beehives".
6. In "Animal Woods", how does the German soldier die?
7. In "Fear on the Footpath", what does Binda think he sees?
8. What is the story "Mine Field" about?
9. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", how does the one man escape?
10. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how does the Dolori gang perceive the Arenella gang at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)