|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how do Emanuele and Jolanda make a living?
(a) Selling American dollars.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) Tending bar.
(d) Pimping Jolanda.
2. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel when his day starts?
3. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli have a hard time doing?
(d) Being happy.
4. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does Belmoretto rent to people?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A mattress.
5. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Federico live?
(d) Northern Italy.
6. In "Desire in November", what does Linda do for Barbagallo?
(a) Wash his underwear.
(b) Finds a bed for him.
(c) Gives him a bath.
(d) Cook a meal for him.
7. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who goes into the bar first?
(a) La Bolognese.
(b) Mad Maria.
8. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where does the story take place?
(a) A coastal town.
(b) The tundra.
(c) A desert.
(d) A factory.
9. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what "scandalous" thing does Delia do?
(a) Swims naked.
(b) Kills a baby fish with her bare hands.
(c) Goes streaking.
(d) Kisses another man.
10. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare no longer enjoy?
(a) Taking a shower.
(c) Being a child.
(d) Eating pastries.
11. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", where does Amilcare go?
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) To his favorite cafe.
(c) To his mother's house.
(d) To his hometown.
12. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
(b) Talking to her friend.
13. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does the woman do in front of Amedeo?
(a) Changes out of her bikini.
(c) Kisses another man.
(d) Takes a shower.
14. "The Adventure of a Clerk," what does Enrico Gnei do before work?
(a) Eats breakfast and shaves.
(b) Drinks a beer.
(c) Kisses his wife good-bye.
(d) Puts gas in his car.
15. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", who does Belmoretto go to see?
(a) His mother.
(b) A psychic.
(c) La Bolognese.
(d) Mad Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is Isotta's fear?
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is implied at the end of the story?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", who is Cinzia?
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman's initial response to the soldier's advances?
5. In "Desire in November", what did Barbagallo get arrested for repeatedly?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)