|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel when his day starts?
2. In "Transit Bed", what does Gim want while hiding?
(b) A gin and tonic.
(d) A sandwich.
3. In "The Adventure of a Clerk," what has Enrico Gnei been doing all night?
(a) Sleeping soundly.
(b) Drinking coffee with his sister.
(c) Having a one-night stand.
4. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does Isotta lose?
(a) Her towel.
(b) Her bikini top.
(c) Her bikini bottom.
(d) Her goggles.
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", who had Amilcare been in love with?
(a) A peasant woman.
(b) His sister.
(c) Mad Maria.
(d) Isa Maria Bietti.
6. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what makes the soldier think that the woman sitting next to him wants him to touch her?
(a) She accidentally touches him.
(b) He reads her mind.
(c) She tells him.
(d) Her friend told him so.
7. In "Desire in November", what does Linda do for Barbagallo?
(a) Cook a meal for him.
(b) Finds a bed for him.
(c) Gives him a bath.
(d) Wash his underwear.
8. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", how does Belmoretto rent out the object he himself has rented?
(a) Per psychic reading.
(b) By the half hour.
(c) Per meal.
(d) By the minute.
9. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is the setting?
(a) A tanning bed.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A pool.
(d) The beach.
10. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what is the relationship between Emanuele and Jolanda?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Pimp and prostitute.
(d) Husband and wife.
11. In "Transit Bed", what is Seddu's profession?
(c) Police officer.
(d) Hotel owner.
12. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where does the story take place?
(a) A factory.
(b) The tundra.
(c) A desert.
(d) A coastal town.
13. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is Isotta's fear?
(a) She will get a sunburn.
(b) She will drown.
(c) She will get pruny.
(d) Someone will see her naked.
14. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is the first to eat a pastry?
(b) The policemen.
15. In "The Adventure of a Poet", Delia is___.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Transit Bed", who is running from the police?
2. In "Desire in November", how does Linda react to Barbagallo?
3. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", Amilcare Carruga is a ___.
4. "The Adventure of a Clerk," who does Enrico talk to at work?
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare no longer enjoy?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)