|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what does Federico do when he gets to Cinzia?
(a) He cooks her dinner.
(b) He starts thinking about how little time he has before going home.
(c) He buys her flowers.
(d) He makes love to her.
2. In "The Adventure of a Poet", who does Delia talk to?
3. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does everyone want to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Get off the ship.
(c) Eat at a fancy restaurant.
(d) Sleep in a bed.
4. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", who sits next to the soldier?
(a) A nun.
(b) A widow.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A waitress.
5. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel after starting work?
6. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what does the word "demimondaine" mean?
(c) A woman who is more socially acceptable than a prostitute but not quite a respectable woman.
(d) Female servant.
7. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is the setting?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A pool.
(c) A tanning bed.
(d) The beach.
8. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Cinzia live?
(a) New York City.
9. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare put on glasses to look at?
(b) His apartment.
(c) His food.
(d) The newspaper.
10. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who does Antonio fall in love with?
(c) Mad Maria.
11. In "Desire in November", where does the story take place?
(a) On a winter day in November.
(b) On a rainy day in April.
(c) On an odd spring-like day in November.
(d) On a sunny morning in October.
12. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who throws a cake in Uora-Uora's face?
(a) The policemen.
(c) A monkey.
13. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli have a hard time doing?
(b) Being happy.
14. In "Desire in November", what does Barbagallo touch repeatedly?
(a) Falling snow.
(c) Running water.
(d) Fur coats.
15. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", who is Cinzia?
(a) Federico's maid.
(b) Federico's mother.
(c) Federico's sister.
(d) Federico's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what is Antonino Paraggi's profession?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is Isotta's occupation?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Federico live?
4. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does Belmoretto rent to people?
5. In "Transit Bed", what is Gim's profession?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)