|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does everyone want to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Sleep in a bed.
(c) Get off the ship.
(d) Eat at a fancy restaurant.
2. In "Transit Bed", who is running from the police?
3. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is Isotta's fear?
(a) She will get a sunburn.
(b) Someone will see her naked.
(c) She will drown.
(d) She will get pruny.
4. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who goes into the bar first?
(b) Mad Maria.
(d) La Bolognese.
5. In "Transit Bed", what does Gim want while hiding?
(c) A gin and tonic.
(d) A sandwich.
6. In "Desire in November", what does Barbagallo touch repeatedly?
(b) Falling snow.
(c) Fur coats.
(d) Running water.
7. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what is the relationship between Emanuele and Jolanda?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Husband and wife.
(d) Pimp and prostitute.
8. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who are La Bolognese and Mad Maria?
(c) Emanuele's mother and aunt.
9. In "Desire in November", when did Barbagallo's clothes get stolen?
(a) In the fall.
(b) In the summertime.
(d) That morning.
10. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo do while having sex?
(a) Reads his book.
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Sneezes repeatedly.
11. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", what do the police do when they arrive at the scene of the crime?
(a) Arrest Baby.
(b) Arrest Ditto.
(c) Eat pastries.
(d) Wrangle a monkey.
12. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what "scandalous" thing does Delia do?
(a) Kisses another man.
(b) Kills a baby fish with her bare hands.
(c) Goes streaking.
(d) Swims naked.
13. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo?
(a) He is reading and not paying enough attention to her.
(b) He keeps staring at her chest.
(c) He burps in her face.
(d) He stole her book.
14. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where does the story take place?
(a) The tundra.
(b) A desert.
(c) A factory.
(d) A coastal town.
15. In "The Adventure of a Poet", who does Delia talk to?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who gets arrested?
2. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", where does the story take place?
3. In "Desire in November", how does Linda react to Barbagallo?
4. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare put on glasses to look at?
5. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is in charge of the robbery?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)