|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what is the relationship between Usnelli and Delia?
(a) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(b) Business partners.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Brother and sister.
2. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what does the word "demimondaine" mean?
(b) A woman who is more socially acceptable than a prostitute but not quite a respectable woman.
(d) Female servant.
3. Which character is in both "Sleeping Like Dogs" and "Dollars and the Demimondaine"?
(b) Mad Maria.
(d) La Bolognese.
4. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio become obsessed with?
(a) Admiring Bice's photography.
(b) Yelling at strangers.
(c) Painting pictures of his friends' children.
(d) Taking pictures of Bice.
5. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who are La Bolognese and Mad Maria?
(d) Emanuele's mother and aunt.
6. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is the setting?
(a) A pool.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) The beach.
(d) A tanning bed.
7. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what does Usnelli have a hard time doing?
(c) Being happy.
8. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is implied at the end of the story?
(a) The woman kills herself.
(b) The soldier is arrested.
(c) The soldier and the woman have sex.
(d) The soldier and the woman get married.
9. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", what does Federico do when he gets to Cinzia?
(a) He buys her flowers.
(b) He makes love to her.
(c) He starts thinking about how little time he has before going home.
(d) He cooks her dinner.
10. In "Transit Bed", what is Seddu's profession?
(a) Hotel owner.
(c) Police officer.
11. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", who had Amilcare been in love with?
(a) Mad Maria.
(b) His sister.
(c) A peasant woman.
(d) Isa Maria Bietti.
12. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who does Antonio fall in love with?
(d) Mad Maria.
13. "The Adventure of a Clerk," what does Enrico want to talk about but can't?
(a) His stomach flu.
(b) His wonderful night.
(c) His weird dreams.
(d) His wife's pregnancy.
14. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", how do Emanuele and Jolanda make a living?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) Selling American dollars.
(c) Tending bar.
(d) Pimping Jolanda.
15. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does the woman do in front of Amedeo?
(a) Changes out of her bikini.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Kisses another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Desire in November", what does Linda do for Barbagallo?
2. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is Isotta's occupation?
3. In "Transit Bed", who is Lilin?
4. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who broke into the pastry shop according to the official police report?
5. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do other than read?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)