|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Reader", why does the woman get mad at Amedeo?
(a) He keeps staring at her chest.
(b) He stole her book.
(c) He burps in her face.
(d) He is reading and not paying enough attention to her.
2. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio take pictures of at the end of the story?
(a) Bice's photographs.
(b) His sculptures.
(c) His paintings.
3. In "The Adventure of a Bather", where is Isotta found when she receives help?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) In the tanning bed.
(c) On the diving board.
(d) Clinging to a buoy.
4. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does the woman do in front of Amedeo?
(b) Changes out of her bikini.
(c) Kisses another man.
(d) Takes a shower.
5. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", how does Belmoretto rent out the object he himself has rented?
(a) Per meal.
(b) By the minute.
(c) Per psychic reading.
(d) By the half hour.
6. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", who gets arrested?
(a) No one.
(c) A sailor.
7. In "Transit Bed", what is Armanda's profession?
(a) House wife.
(c) Shop assistant.
8. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what does the word "demimondaine" mean?
(a) A woman who is more socially acceptable than a prostitute but not quite a respectable woman.
(c) Female servant.
9. In "Transit Bed", where does Gim hide?
(a) The shed.
(b) In a closet.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The trunk of a car.
10. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel after starting work?
11. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", who had Amilcare been in love with?
(a) His sister.
(b) Mad Maria.
(c) Isa Maria Bietti.
(d) A peasant woman.
12. In "Desire in November", how does Linda react to Barbagallo?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She screams.
13. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", where does Federico live?
(a) Northern Italy.
14. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel when his day starts?
15. In "Dollars and the Demimondaine", what is the relationship between Emanuele and Jolanda?
(b) Pimp and prostitute.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Clerk," what has Enrico Gnei been doing all night?
2. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", who does Antonino Paraggi look down upon?
3. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", how does Federico travel?
4. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what "scandalous" thing does Delia do?
5. In "Desire in November", where does the story take place?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)