|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of a Bather", where is Isotta found when she receives help?
(a) Clinging to a buoy.
(b) On the diving board.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) In the tanning bed.
2. In "Sleeping Like Dogs", what does everyone want to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Get off the ship.
(c) Sleep in a bed.
(d) Eat at a fancy restaurant.
3. In "The Adventure of a Bather", who helps Isotta?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A boy and his father.
(d) A foreign man.
4. "The Adventure of a Clerk," how does Enrico Gnei feel when his day starts?
5. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what is the setting?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A tanning bed.
(c) The beach.
(d) A pool.
6. In "The Adventure of a Poet", where does the story take place?
(a) A coastal town.
(b) A desert.
(c) The tundra.
(d) A factory.
7. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", who is Cinzia?
(a) Federico's maid.
(b) Federico's mother.
(c) Federico's sister.
(d) Federico's girlfriend.
8. In "Desire in November", how does Linda react to Barbagallo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She screams.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She is disgusted.
9. "The Adventure of a Clerk," what does Enrico Gnei do before work?
(a) Eats breakfast and shaves.
(b) Drinks a beer.
(c) Puts gas in his car.
(d) Kisses his wife good-bye.
10. In "The Adventure of a Reader", what does Amedeo like to do other than read?
(a) Fly planes.
(c) Bike and swim.
(d) Go out to eat.
11. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", who had Amilcare been in love with?
(a) Mad Maria.
(b) His sister.
(c) A peasant woman.
(d) Isa Maria Bietti.
12. In "The Adventure of a Soldier", what is the woman doing when the soldier first tries to touch her?
(a) Talking to her friend.
13. In "The Adventure of a Poet", what "scandalous" thing does Delia do?
(a) Kills a baby fish with her bare hands.
(b) Swims naked.
(c) Kisses another man.
(d) Goes streaking.
14. In "The Adventure of a Bather", what does Isotta lose?
(a) Her goggles.
(b) Her bikini top.
(c) Her bikini bottom.
(d) Her towel.
15. In "The Adventure of a Traveler", is Federico rich?
(c) It doesn't say.
(d) He is at the beginning but not at the end.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Theft in a Pastry Shop", who is still in the pastry shop when the police arrive?
2. In "The Adventure of a Photographer", what does Antonio take pictures of at the end of the story?
3. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", why don't people recognize Amilcare?
4. In "Transit Bed", what is Gim's profession?
5. In "The Adventure of a Nearsighted Man", what does Amilcare no longer enjoy?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)