|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A farm.
(d) A bank.
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what is used as a shield?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A fat man's body.
(c) A tree.
(d) A crucifix.
3. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what attacks Signorina De Magistris?
(a) An octopus.
(b) A shark.
(c) A bear.
(d) A pack of dogs.
4. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
(a) The young man continues on his way.
(b) The young an explodes.
(c) The old man explodes.
(d) The old woman laughs at the old man.
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
(b) The Arenella gang.
(d) A dead body.
6. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) A garden.
(b) The Alps.
(c) A school room.
(d) The children's house.
7. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is a good sister.
(c) She bosses him around.
(d) She never cries.
8. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) His dog named Kitty.
9. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
(d) Cold beer.
10. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
(b) The soldier.
(c) The unarmed man.
(d) No one.
11. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A man and a woman arguing.
12. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", Zeffirino loves to ___.
(c) Play baseball.
13. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
(a) The boy.
(b) The father.
(d) A dog.
14. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
(b) Wild boar.
15. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl poke with a stick?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A crab.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) Her eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
2. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy first shoot?
4. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)