|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
(a) School uniforms.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Dirty overalls.
(d) Bathing suits.
2. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A bank.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A farm.
3. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
(a) The young man continues on his way.
(b) The old man explodes.
(c) The young an explodes.
(d) The old woman laughs at the old man.
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(a) The father.
(b) The son.
(d) Baciccin's son.
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
6. In "Fear on the Footpath", what is Binda's occupation?
7. In "Man in the Wasteland", what is Baciccin's nickname?
(b) Baciccin the Irritating.
(c) Baciccin the Blissful.
(d) Baciccin the Lucky.
8. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
(d) Bad smells.
9. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
(a) Catholics and Jews.
(b) Anarchists and Republicans.
(c) The Germans and the French.
(d) Hippies and politicians.
10. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what attacks Signorina De Magistris?
(a) An octopus.
(b) A bear.
(c) A shark.
(d) A pack of dogs.
11. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", Zeffirino loves to ___.
(c) Play baseball.
12. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
(d) Wild boar.
13. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) The Alps.
(b) The children's house.
(c) A school room.
(d) A garden.
14. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The dog house.
(b) The woods.
(c) At home.
(d) The crossroads.
15. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) No one.
(b) The young man.
(c) The young man and the old man.
(d) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", who are the better swimmers?
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
3. In "Fear on the Footpath", where is Binda trying to go?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what is the Dolori gang out doing?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)