|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) At home.
(b) The dog house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The crossroads.
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
(a) "Mamma mia!"
(b) "Oh my goodness!"
4. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
(a) 1970's and 1980's.
(c) 1940's and 1950's.
5. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A bank.
(c) A farm.
(d) A convenience store.
6. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what is used as a shield?
(a) A fat man's body.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A tree.
(d) A frying pan.
7. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
(a) Pietro's girlfriend.
(c) Andrea's girlfriend.
8. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(a) Old women.
(b) Young adults.
(c) Old men.
9. Who is the author of "Difficult Loves"?
(a) John Irving.
(b) Harriett Tubman.
(c) Calvino Italio.
(d) Italo Calvino.
10. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
(a) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
11. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the names of the children?
(a) Santiago and Gia.
(b) Giovannino and Serenella.
(c) Paco and Maria.
(d) Bob and Stacy.
12. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She bosses him around.
(b) She is a good sister.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She never cries.
13. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) A garden.
(b) A school room.
(c) The Alps.
(d) The children's house.
14. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(a) Baciccin's son.
(c) The father.
(d) The son.
15. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
(a) Cold beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", what attacks the soldier?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
3. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
5. In "Lazy Sons", what do Pietro and Andrea like to do?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)