|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
2. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) His dog named Kitty.
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The woods.
(b) The crossroads.
(c) At home.
(d) The dog house.
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the river.
(c) Into a church.
(d) Into a field.
5. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
(a) The boy.
(b) The father.
(c) The dog.
6. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(a) Old men.
(b) Old women.
(c) Young adults.
7. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Libereso's profession?
8. In "Animal Woods", where do the townspeople hide their animals?
(a) Their kitchens.
(b) The forest.
(c) The fields.
(d) The church.
9. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", which word best describes Signorina De Magistris' physical appearance?
10. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She bosses him around.
(b) She is a good sister.
(c) She never cries.
(d) She is pretty.
11. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
(a) The soldier.
(c) No one.
(d) The unarmed man.
12. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy become?
(a) A priest.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A sniper.
(d) A spy.
13. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", who rescues Signorina De Magistris?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Ollie the Octopus.
(d) Zeffirino's father.
14. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
(a) A lilypad.
(b) His fat friend.
(c) An unburnt coal.
(d) A stake.
15. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In an apse.
(d) Behind a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", who narrates?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who asks Pietro and Andrea to work?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)