|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(a) The father.
(c) Baciccin's son.
(d) The son.
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) The Alps.
(b) A school room.
(c) A garden.
(d) The children's house.
3. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
(a) School uniforms.
(b) Bathing suits.
(c) Halloween costumes.
(d) Dirty overalls.
4. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(a) His dog named Kitty.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
5. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) Behind a rock.
(c) In an apse.
(d) In a ditch.
6. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three people?
7. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what is used as a shield?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A tree.
(c) A fat man's body.
(d) A frying pan.
8. Who is the author of "Difficult Loves"?
(a) Harriett Tubman.
(b) Italo Calvino.
(c) Calvino Italio.
(d) John Irving.
9. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(a) Old men.
(b) Old women.
(d) Young adults.
10. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Libereso's profession?
11. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He falls off a cliff.
(c) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(d) He is shot by Giua.
12. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A farm.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A bank.
13. In "Animal Woods", what attacks the soldier?
(a) A cow.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A pig.
(d) A wildcat.
14. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
(a) The Germans and the French.
(b) Hippies and politicians.
(c) Anarchists and Republicans.
(d) Catholics and Jews.
15. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
(a) Zefferino and his father.
(b) Pietro and Andrea.
(c) Libereso and Maria-nunziata.
(d) A soldier and an unarmed man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
2. In "Hunger at Bevera", how does Bisma leave town?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
4. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
5. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)