|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A ring.
2. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
(b) Bad smells.
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
(a) A crevasse called the Witch's Hole.
(b) Over a cliff into rocks.
(c) The river Thames.
(d) Into a fire.
4. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
(a) 1940's and 1950's.
(c) 1970's and 1980's.
5. In "Man in the Wasteland", what is Baciccin's nickname?
(a) Baciccin the Blissful.
(b) Baciccin the Lucky.
(d) Baciccin the Irritating.
6. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) No one.
(b) The old man.
(c) The young man and the old man.
(d) The young man.
7. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what is Signorina De Magistris doing when Zeffirino finds her?
(d) Playing the guitar.
8. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
(a) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
9. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
(a) Bad location.
(b) The business doesn't really exist.
(c) Bad recipes.
(d) Lack of workers.
10. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) A school room.
(b) The children's house.
(c) A garden.
(d) The Alps.
11. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
(a) He is extremely tall.
(b) He has long hair.
(c) He has one leg.
(d) He has a mole on his foot.
12. In "Fear on the Footpath", what major event is happening?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
13. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
(b) A dead body.
(c) The Arenella gang.
14. In "Animal Woods", who is given a baby chick?
(a) The widow.
(b) A child.
(c) The soldier.
15. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
(a) The soldier.
(b) No one.
(c) The unarmed man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children eat?
3. In "Man in the Wasteland", who ruins the hunt?
4. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)