|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
(a) No one.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The unarmed man.
2. In "Animal Woods", where do the townspeople hide their animals?
(a) The fields.
(b) The church.
(c) Their kitchens.
(d) The forest.
3. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what is the Dolori gang out doing?
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
(a) The Arenella gang.
(b) A dead body.
5. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
(a) Bad location.
(b) Bad recipes.
(c) The business doesn't really exist.
(d) Lack of workers.
6. In "Man in the Wasteland", what is Baciccin's nickname?
(a) Baciccin the Lucky.
(c) Baciccin the Irritating.
(d) Baciccin the Blissful.
7. In "The House of the Beehives", what "guards" the narrator's house?
8. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(b) The son.
(c) The father.
(d) Baciccin's son.
9. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
(b) The boy.
(c) The father.
(d) A dog.
10. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
(b) Pietro's girlfriend.
(d) Andrea's girlfriend.
11. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) The young man and the old man.
(b) The old man.
(c) No one.
(d) The young man.
12. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
(d) The father.
13. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
(c) 1970's and 1980's.
(d) 1940's and 1950's.
14. In "Animal Woods", what attacks the soldier?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pig.
15. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
(a) In an apse.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Behind a tree.
(d) Behind a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
3. In "Lazy Sons", who asks Pietro and Andrea to work?
4. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
5. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)