|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(a) Baciccin's son.
(b) The father.
(c) The son.
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
(a) They both like the same girl.
(b) They are about the same age.
(c) They are going to Africa together.
(d) They are both studying to be lawyers.
3. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is the last person with livestock?
(b) The priest.
(c) The mother.
4. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
(a) An unburnt coal.
(b) His fat friend.
(c) A lilypad.
(d) A stake.
5. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) His dog named Kitty.
6. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
(a) No one.
(d) Pietro's girlfriend.
7. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A convenience store.
(b) A bank.
(c) A farm.
(d) A bakery.
8. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He is shot by Giua.
9. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The woods.
(b) The dog house.
(c) At home.
(d) The crossroads.
10. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", who rescues Signorina De Magistris?
(a) Ollie the Octopus.
(b) Her lover.
(d) Zeffirino's father.
11. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children eat?
(c) Sponge cake.
(d) Ice cream.
12. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator do to the dark woman?
(a) Humiliates her in front of the whole town.
(b) Teaches her to live in the forest.
(c) Rapes and murders her.
13. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
14. In "Man in the Wasteland", who holds the gun?
(b) The father.
(c) The boy.
(d) Baciccin's daughter.
15. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
(b) Cold beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
2. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
3. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl throw at one of the Dolori boys?
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
5. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)