|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
(a) He has a mole on his foot.
(b) He has long hair.
(c) He is extremely tall.
(d) He has one leg.
2. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
(a) An army camp.
(b) The woods.
(c) An abandoned church.
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
(a) Into a fire.
(b) The river Thames.
(c) Over a cliff into rocks.
(d) A crevasse called the Witch's Hole.
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", how do the Dolori boys get out to the ship?
(a) They swim.
(b) They walk.
(c) They parachute in.
(d) They anchor their ship right next to it and jump on.
5. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He is shot by Giua.
6. In "The House of the Beehives", what "guards" the narrator's house?
7. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl throw at one of the Dolori boys?
(a) A rock.
(b) A crab.
(d) A jellyfish.
8. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
(d) The father.
9. In "Animal Woods", what explodes piece by piece in the soldier's hand?
(a) A pig.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cat.
(d) A squirrel.
10. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) His dog named Kitty.
11. In "Man in the Wasteland", who holds the gun?
(a) Baciccin's daughter.
(c) The father.
(d) The boy.
12. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) In an apse.
(c) Behind a rock.
(d) Behind a tree.
13. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
14. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
(d) Wild boar.
15. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
(a) The widow.
(c) The German soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
2. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
4. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy become?
5. In "Mine Field", what is one of the characters trying to cross?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)