|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
(c) It doesn't say.
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(a) Baciccin's son.
(b) The son.
(d) The father.
3. In "Fear on the Footpath", what is Binda's occupation?
4. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
(a) A cow.
(b) A ring.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A goat.
5. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) The old man.
(b) The young man.
(c) No one.
(d) The young man and the old man.
6. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", who rescues Signorina De Magistris?
(b) Ollie the Octopus.
(c) Zeffirino's father.
(d) Her lover.
7. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
(a) A ring, necklace and earrings.
(b) A kiss.
(d) Amphibians, reptiles, fish, bugs and worms.
8. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
(a) A stake.
(b) An unburnt coal.
(c) His fat friend.
(d) A lilypad.
9. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children see in the house?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A man and a woman arguing.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A butterfly.
10. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The woods.
(b) At home.
(c) The crossroads.
(d) The dog house.
11. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into a church.
(c) Into the river.
(d) Into a field.
12. In "Mine Field", what is one of the characters trying to cross?
(a) A mountain pass.
(b) A river.
(c) A street.
(d) A field.
13. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy first shoot?
14. In "Fear on the Footpath", what major event is happening?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
15. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the soldier hide?
2. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
3. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
4. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)