|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) A school room.
(b) The Alps.
(c) A garden.
(d) The children's house.
2. In "Fear on the Footpath", what major event is happening?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
3. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
(a) The father.
4. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
(a) The business doesn't really exist.
(b) Lack of workers.
(c) Bad recipes.
(d) Bad location.
5. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
(a) Dirty overalls.
(b) Bathing suits.
(c) School uniforms.
(d) Halloween costumes.
6. Who is the author of "Difficult Loves"?
(a) John Irving.
(b) Harriett Tubman.
(c) Calvino Italio.
(d) Italo Calvino.
7. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy become?
(a) A sniper.
(b) A priest.
(c) A spy.
(d) A fisherman.
8. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Libereso try to give Maria-nunziata?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A ring, necklace and earrings.
(d) Amphibians, reptiles, fish, bugs and worms.
9. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
(a) A basement.
(b) A beaver den.
(c) A cave.
(d) A sewage drain.
10. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
(a) Anarchists and Republicans.
(b) Catholics and Jews.
(c) The Germans and the French.
(d) Hippies and politicians.
11. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The crossroads.
(b) The dog house.
(c) The woods.
(d) At home.
12. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
(a) The dog.
(b) The father.
(c) The boy.
13. In "Lazy Sons", who doesn't read his books?
(a) The father.
14. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
(a) The German soldier.
(b) The widow.
15. In "Fear on the Footpath", where is Binda trying to go?
(a) Vendetta's camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
2. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
3. In "Fear on the Footpath", what is Binda's occupation?
4. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
5. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)