|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", where do the townspeople hide their animals?
(a) The forest.
(b) The church.
(c) Their kitchens.
(d) The fields.
2. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
(b) No one.
(d) Pietro's girlfriend.
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy become?
(a) A sniper.
(b) A priest.
(c) A spy.
(d) A fisherman.
4. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She never cries.
(c) She bosses him around.
(d) She is a good sister.
5. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
(a) In a backpack.
(b) In a cooler.
(c) In a bucket.
(d) In a tide pool.
6. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
(c) "Mamma mia!"
(d) "Oh my goodness!"
7. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three people?
8. In "Man in the Wasteland", the narrator is __.
(a) The father.
(b) The boy.
(d) A dog.
9. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
(a) Pietro's girlfriend.
(d) Andrea's girlfriend.
10. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
(c) 1940's and 1950's.
(d) 1970's and 1980's.
11. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
12. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(b) Baciccin's son.
(c) The son.
(d) The father.
13. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He falls off a cliff.
(b) He is shot by Giua.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
14. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
(d) Bad smells.
15. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children eat?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Sponge cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
2. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
3. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", who are the better swimmers?
5. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)