|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Enchanted Garden", where does the story take place?
(a) The Alps.
(b) A garden.
(c) The children's house.
(d) A school room.
2. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
(d) Bad smells.
3. In "Mine Field", who are the characters?
(a) Two old women.
(b) A young man and an old man.
(c) A young man and a young woman.
(d) An old man and an old woman.
4. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
(b) "Oh my goodness!"
(d) "Mamma mia!"
5. In "Animal Woods", how does the soldier die?
(a) He is shot by Giua.
(b) He is pecked to death by a chicken.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
6. In "Animal Woods", where do the townspeople hide their animals?
(a) The church.
(b) The forest.
(c) Their kitchens.
(d) The fields.
7. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
(a) He is extremely tall.
(b) He has a mole on his foot.
(c) He has long hair.
(d) He has one leg.
8. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
(a) Dirty overalls.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) School uniforms.
(d) Bathing suits.
9. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
10. In "Animal Woods", who is given a baby chick?
(a) A child.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The widow.
11. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", who narrates?
(b) The Goatherd.
12. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the names of the children?
(a) Paco and Maria.
(b) Santiago and Gia.
(c) Bob and Stacy.
(d) Giovannino and Serenella.
13. In "Fear on the Footpath", where is Binda trying to go?
(d) Vendetta's camp.
14. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what attacks Signorina De Magistris?
(a) A shark.
(b) A pack of dogs.
(c) A bear.
(d) An octopus.
15. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
(a) A beaver den.
(b) A basement.
(c) A sewage drain.
(d) A cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the stories of "Difficult Loves" originally written?
2. In "The House of the Beehives", what "guards" the narrator's house?
3. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is the last person with livestock?
4. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what is the Dolori gang out doing?
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)