|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Animal Woods", what attacks the soldier?
(a) A pig.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A wildcat.
(d) A cow.
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
(a) Into a fire.
(b) A crevasse called the Witch's Hole.
(c) Over a cliff into rocks.
(d) The river Thames.
3. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
(a) Bad location.
(b) Lack of workers.
(c) Bad recipes.
(d) The business doesn't really exist.
4. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator hate?
(d) Bad smells.
5. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(b) Young adults.
(c) Old women.
(d) Old men.
6. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
7. In "The House of the Beehives", what is the narrator's name?
(a) It doesn't say.
8. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
(a) The woods.
(b) The dog house.
(c) The crossroads.
(d) At home.
9. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
(a) In a cooler.
(b) In a backpack.
(c) In a bucket.
(d) In a tide pool.
10. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
(a) The dog.
(b) The boy.
(c) The father.
11. In "Fear on the Footpath", what is Binda's occupation?
12. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", who rescues Signorina De Magistris?
(b) Zeffirino's father.
(c) Ollie the Octopus.
(d) Her lover.
13. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
(a) He has long hair.
(b) He has a mole on his foot.
(c) He has one leg.
(d) He is extremely tall.
14. In "Mine Field", what is one of the characters trying to cross?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain pass.
(c) A field.
(d) A street.
15. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the children wearing?
(a) Dirty overalls.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Bathing suits.
(d) School uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
2. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Maria-nunziata's profession?
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy become?
4. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
5. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)