|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what is Signorina De Magistris doing when Zeffirino finds her?
(a) Playing the guitar.
2. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
(a) Libereso and Maria-nunziata.
(b) A soldier and an unarmed man.
(c) Pietro and Andrea.
(d) Zefferino and his father.
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", who are the three people?
4. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
(a) "Mamma mia!"
(c) "Oh my goodness!"
6. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the names of the children?
(a) Giovannino and Serenella.
(b) Santiago and Gia.
(c) Bob and Stacy.
(d) Paco and Maria.
7. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
(a) The Germans and the French.
(b) Anarchists and Republicans.
(c) Hippies and politicians.
(d) Catholics and Jews.
8. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
(a) An unburnt coal.
(b) His fat friend.
(c) A lilypad.
(d) A stake.
9. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
(a) They are about the same age.
(b) They are both studying to be lawyers.
(c) They are going to Africa together.
(d) They both like the same girl.
10. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the river.
(c) Into a church.
(d) Into a field.
11. In "Hunger at Bevera", what does Bisma bring back to the citizens of Bevera?
(d) Cold beer.
12. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(a) Young adults.
(c) Old women.
(d) Old men.
13. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
(a) The woods.
(c) An abandoned church.
(d) An army camp.
14. In "Animal Woods", where do the townspeople hide their animals?
(a) The church.
(b) The fields.
(c) The forest.
(d) Their kitchens.
15. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what attacks Signorina De Magistris?
(a) A shark.
(b) An octopus.
(c) A pack of dogs.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
2. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
3. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
4. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
5. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)