|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Going to Headquarters", who are the characters?
(a) Libereso and Maria-nunziata.
(b) Zefferino and his father.
(c) A soldier and an unarmed man.
(d) Pietro and Andrea.
2. In "Lazy Sons", why is the family business failing?
(a) Bad recipes.
(b) Lack of workers.
(c) Bad location.
(d) The business doesn't really exist.
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
(a) A basement.
(b) A cave.
(c) A beaver den.
(d) A sewage drain.
4. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what attacks Signorina De Magistris?
(a) A pack of dogs.
(b) A bear.
(c) An octopus.
(d) A shark.
5. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) His dog named Kitty.
6. In "Man in the Wasteland", who ruins the hunt?
(a) The dog.
(c) The father.
(d) Baciccin's daughter.
7. In "Going to Headquarters", who is a spy?
(a) The soldier.
(b) The unarmed man.
(d) No one.
8. In "Fear on the Footpath", where is Binda trying to go?
(a) Vendetta's camp.
9. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
(a) Catholics and Jews.
(b) Anarchists and Republicans.
(c) Hippies and politicians.
(d) The Germans and the French.
10. In "The House of the Beehives", what word best describes the narrator?
11. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bank.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A bakery.
12. In "Animal Woods", who is given a baby chick?
(a) A child.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The widow.
13. In "Animal Woods", who is the worst shot in town?
(b) The widow.
(c) The German soldier.
14. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
(b) Andrea's girlfriend.
(c) Pietro's girlfriend.
15. In "Animal Woods", where do the townspeople hide their animals?
(a) The fields.
(b) The forest.
(c) The church.
(d) Their kitchens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
2. In "Man in the Wasteland", where does the boy wait?
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
4. In "Animal Woods", what is Giua Dei Fichi's most valuable possession?
5. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)