|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is Libereso's profession?
2. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
(b) The soldier.
(c) No one.
(d) The unarmed man.
3. In "The Crow Comes Last", where does the boy chase the soldier?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into a church.
(c) Into a field.
(d) Into the river.
4. What language was "Difficult Loves" originally written in?
5. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(b) Young adults.
(c) Old women.
(d) Old men.
6. In "Mine Field", what is one of the characters trying to cross?
(a) A river.
(b) A street.
(c) A field.
(d) A mountain pass.
7. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
(a) A stake.
(b) An unburnt coal.
(c) A lilypad.
(d) His fat friend.
8. In "Man in the Wasteland", who holds the gun?
(a) Baciccin's daughter.
(b) The boy.
(c) The father.
9. In "Mine Field", what happens at the end of the story?
(a) The young an explodes.
(b) The young man continues on his way.
(c) The old woman laughs at the old man.
(d) The old man explodes.
10. In "Man in the Wasteland", who claims nothing is his fault?
(a) Baciccin's son.
(b) The father.
(d) The son.
11. In "Lazy Sons", who thinks Andrea is cruel?
(c) Andrea's girlfriend.
(d) Pietro's girlfriend.
12. In "Hunger at Bevera", how does Bisma leave town?
(a) He drives.
(b) He rides a mule.
(c) He runs.
(d) He walks.
13. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what do the Dolori boys find below deck?
(a) A dead body.
(b) The Arenella gang.
14. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", what is Signorina De Magistris doing when Zeffirino finds her?
(d) Playing the guitar.
15. In "Lazy Sons", who helps the family with their business?
(a) Pietro's girlfriend.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", Zeffirino loves to ___.
2. In "Hunger at Bevera", who kills Bisma?
3. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where does the survivor emerge from in order to escape?
4. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
5. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl throw at one of the Dolori boys?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)