|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The House of the Beehives", what does the narrator do to the dark woman?
(a) Teaches her to live in the forest.
(b) Humiliates her in front of the whole town.
(c) Rapes and murders her.
2. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) His dog named Kitty.
3. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl poke with a stick?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A crab.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) Her eye.
4. In "Lazy Sons", what business does the family own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A bank.
5. In "Animal Woods", who tends to confiscate livestock?
6. In "The House of the Beehives", where does the narrator live?
(a) The woods.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) In a small village.
(d) A cave.
7. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", what does one of the three people land on?
(a) A stake.
(b) His fat friend.
(c) A lilypad.
(d) An unburnt coal.
8. In "Mine Field", what is one of the characters trying to cross?
(a) A field.
(b) A mountain pass.
(c) A river.
(d) A street.
9. In "Hunger at Bevera", who kills Bisma?
(b) His neighbors.
(d) The French.
10. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", where do Signorina De Magistris and Zeffirino keep the fish they have caught?
(a) In a bucket.
(b) In a cooler.
(c) In a backpack.
(d) In a tide pool.
11. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
(a) Young adults.
(c) Old women.
(d) Old men.
12. In "The Enchanted Garden", what does the little boy like about the little girl?
(a) She bosses him around.
(b) She never cries.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is a good sister.
13. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is the last person with livestock?
(a) The priest.
(b) The mother.
14. In "Hunger at Bevera", how does Bisma leave town?
(a) He runs.
(b) He walks.
(c) He drives.
(d) He rides a mule.
15. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what does Maria-nunziata repeatedly exclaim?
(c) "Mamma mia!"
(d) "Oh my goodness!"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what do the goatherd and Quinto have in common?
2. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", whose idea was it to have the goatherd to lunch?
3. In "The Enchanted Garden", what are the names of the children?
4. In "Lazy Sons", what do Pietro and Andrea like to do?
5. In "Big Fish, Little Fish", who rescues Signorina De Magistris?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)