|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "One of the Three is Still Alive", where are the three people thrown?
(a) Over a cliff into rocks.
(b) A crevasse called the Witch's Hole.
(c) The river Thames.
(d) Into a fire.
2. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", what does the little girl throw at one of the Dolori boys?
(a) A jellyfish.
(b) A crab.
(c) A rock.
3. In "Lazy Sons", what do Pietro and Andrea like to do?
(a) Sleep late, smoke, and watch billiards.
(b) Work in the family store.
(c) Sing and dance.
(d) Chase women.
4. In "Man in the Wasteland", who complains about his luck?
(a) The dog.
(c) The father.
(d) The boy.
5. In "Fear on the Footpath", where is Binda trying to go?
(b) Vendetta's camp.
6. In "The Crow Comes Last", what weapon does the soldier have?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pistol.
(d) A sword.
7. In "Mine Field", who walks through the mine field?
(a) The old man.
(b) The young man.
(c) The young man and the old man.
(d) No one.
8. In "A Ship Loaded with Crabs", who are the better swimmers?
(a) The Arenella gang.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The Gucci gang.
(d) The Dolori gang.
9. In "The Crow Comes Last", what does the boy first shoot?
10. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is the last person with livestock?
(a) The priest.
(c) The mother.
11. In "The Enchanted Garden", what do the children eat?
(b) Sponge cake.
(c) Ice cream.
12. In "Fear on the Footpath", who does Binda imagine he sees?
(a) His dog named Kitty.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
13. In "Going to Headquarters", where does the story take place?
(a) The woods.
(b) An abandoned church.
(c) An army camp.
14. In "Going to Headquarters", who dies?
(a) No one.
(b) The soldier.
(d) The unarmed man.
15. In "Man in the Wasteland", what are the father and son hunting?
(c) Wild boar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Man in the Wasteland", what is Baciccin's nickname?
2. In "Hunger at Bevera", who is fighting around the citizens of Bevera?
3. In "Lazy Sons", how old are Pietro and Andrea?
4. In "Adam, One Afternoon", what is strange about Libereso's appearance?
5. In "A Goatherd at Luncheon", what is the goatherds name?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)