|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Todd plan to hurt Kurt?
2. What year does Andy escape?
3. What was Glenn Quentin's profession?
4. Where does Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption begin?
5. Who does Todd hide his real grades from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Todd give Kurt for Christmas? Why does Todd do this and what does he make Kurt do with the present?
2. What do the nightmares that Kurt and Todd have about the concentration camps cause them to do?
3. What does Todd say he will do if Kurt does not do what he says? Does Kurt agree to his demands?
4. Describe The Sisters.
5. What does Red Smith receive in the mail and what is unique about it?
6. Explain why the postcard that Red Smith receives has nothing on it.
7. Why is Andy Dufresne's wife, Linda Collins Dufresne, murdered?
8. What does Kurt make Todd do after the meeting with Ed French? Why does this happen?
9. What do Todd's parents think of him?
10. Describe the first scene of Apt Pupil.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Why do you think the four friends hung out with each other? Did the small town of Castle Rock cause them to find each other? Cite several examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)