|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Apt Pupil begin?
2. What was Andy's profession?
3. What was Glenn Quentin's profession?
4. How does Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption end?
5. Who had proof of a prisoner's innocence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt tell Ed French will happen if Todd does not improve his grades?
2. How does Andy keep his plans for escaping a secret?
3. Why does Andy decide to go to Mexico after his escape from prison?
4. Describe how Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption ends.
5. How does Andy end up escaping from prison?
6. Why is Andy Dufresne's wife, Linda Collins Dufresne, murdered?
7. Describe Todd's weapon of choice.
8. Why does Ed French request a meeting with Todd's parents? What is Todd's reaction?
9. What ailment does Kurt suffer and what could have caused it?
10. What does Kurt do in order to keep Todd out of trouble at school? What comes from his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: After finding out Kurt had been turned in to authorities and then committed suicide, Todd went on a shooting spree which eventually led to his death. Do you believe Kurt and Todd had any other way out tragic endings? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: How did you feel about Kurt by the end of the story? Did you want to see him succeed at the end of the story and become successful and find a way out of his situation? Did your opinions of him have anything to do with him being one of the main characters in the story? Even though Kurt was a bad guy, is it hard to watch the main character in a story fall?
Essay Topic 3
The Body: What do you think caused three of the four friends to end up with such bad fates? Explain each of the four friends choices throughout the story and explain why things went so wrong for three of them.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)