|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marlowe's son?
2. In what town had Marlowe been browsing in an open-air market when she was discovered by paparazzi?
(d) San Gimignano.
3. What does Plum say she can tell about the sales clerk at the plus-size clothing store?
(a) That she has great fashion sense.
(b) That she is an ally.
(c) That she is judgmental.
(d) That she is comfortable with herself.
4. What is the name of Plum's first blind date?
5. For how long does misogynist music play each morning at 7:30 am at The Calliope House?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) One minute.
(d) Two minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unexpected item does Marlowe bring to her meeting with Plum?
2. At what location does Plum first meet Marlowe?
3. To whom is Marlowe's book Fuckability Theory dedicated?
4. What room of the house becomes the central gathering place once Plum moves into The Calliope House?
5. What quality is present within all of the clothes Plum chooses when she goes shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "the Jennifer effect" (231) and its implications.
2. Who does Plum call when Verena tells Plum to call anyone who will notice she is missing once she moves into The Calliope House? What do her choices reveal about her life prior to connecting with the women of The Calliope House?
3. What personal advice does Julia offer to Plum during their conversation in Plum's bedroom and how does Plum react?
4. When Plum dreams that she has lost a lot of weight by using Dabsitaf, what is the significance of her dream?
5. How does the author employ foreshadowing within the passage when Kitty calls Plum at home and asks her to come to Austen Media?
6. In what way is Plum already familiar with Marlowe before she meets her at Cafe Rose?
7. What does Plum mean when she says, "After years of not fighting back, I was coiled like a snake" (233)?
8. How is the theme of passing depicted within Julia's experiences at Austen Media?
9. What does Plum see while following Kitty into a coffeehouse that stops Plum in her tracks?
10. What is the final step of the New Baptist Plan?
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)