|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luz, the teenage victim of the gang-rape, commit suicide?
(a) She jumps in front of a train.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She uses a gun.
2. Who will serve as the director of the clinic for at-risk adolescent girls planned by Verena and Sana?
3. In what room is the namesake of The Calliope House carved into the wall?
(a) In the foyer.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In Plum's bedroom.
(d) In the library.
4. What item does Plum put on before running outside during the bomb threat at The Calliope House that causes the other women to tease her?
(a) A coat.
(b) A bra.
5. Plum states that after being underground, she now finds what object to be "wholesome and pure" (207)?
(a) A plum.
(b) An apple.
(c) A grape.
(d) A pear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who insults Plum respond to her retort?
2. Leeta ends up being sought by authorities because she confesses what piece of information to her roommate?
3. What is one place NOT mentioned in published rumors about Leeta's whereabouts?
4. What activity does Julia tell Plum that she hates to do during their conversation in Plum's bedroom?
5. To whom is Marlowe's book Fuckability Theory dedicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's purpose for including a call from the bariatric surgery office right after what Plum terms to be "a perfect trip to the mall" (237)?
2. What does Marlowe mean when she says that the day her show was canceled was the best day of her life?
3. What is the significance of Plum's ultrasound image?
4. How does the author employ foreshadowing within the passage when Kitty calls Plum at home and asks her to come to Austen Media?
5. Describe "the Jennifer effect" (231) and its implications.
6. Describe the arc of Plum's writing career over the course of the novel.
7. What is the final step of the New Baptist Plan?
8. What action of Leeta's does Plum point to as proof that she should be loyal to Leeta, no matter what she has done?
9. How is allusion used within the scene when Sana and Plum discuss Plum's fears that her longing for Alicia will return?
10. What is the author's purpose for including the reporter Cheryl Crane-Murphy's remark, "As a committed Christian, it pains me to admit that I feel nothing but glee at the death of these pigs" (155)?
This section contains 1,565 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)