|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Verena begins to pay a salary to Plum, how much does she make, compared to her salary working as Kitty's ghostwriter?
(a) She now makes half what she made with Kitty.
(b) She now makes triple what she made with Kitty.
(c) She now makes one-quarter of what she made with Kitty.
(d) She now makes twice what she made with Kitty.
2. At what location does Plum first meet Marlowe?
(a) Carmen's cafe.
(b) Cafe Rose.
(c) The Calliope House.
(d) Plum's apartment.
3. What is the name of the reporter that Plum describes as being on television all day with Jennifer coverage, "as if she were covering a war" (156)?
(a) Margarita Potapova-Green.
(b) Shannon Cook-Martin.
(c) Cheryl Crane-Murphy.
(d) Chyanne Noble-Gaston.
4. For what reason do Marlowe and Plum get kicked out of the Strippercise class?
(a) Marlowe makes unpopular comments.
(b) Plum whistles at the male janitor who walks by.
(c) They refuse to participate.
(d) They are laughing too loudly.
5. What is one place NOT mentioned in published rumors about Leeta's whereabouts?
(b) El Salvador.
6. To whom is Marlowe's book Fuckability Theory dedicated?
(a) Hillary Clinton.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) The 3 Studs and Sharlene.
(d) Her mother.
7. When Plum gushes to Marlowe about how beautiful she had been on her show, Marlowe tells her that it had taken a what to make her look the way she had?
(a) A committee.
(b) A miracle.
(c) An act of God.
(d) A huge paycheck.
8. Marlowe tells Plum that fat women are not controlled by society and that in fact they are what?
9. How did Sana sustain her facial scarring?
(a) She was burned in a house fire.
(b) She was born prematurely and contracted an infection.
(c) She was stabbed by an intruder.
(d) She suffered from extreme acne as a teenager.
10. How does the man who insults Plum respond to her retort?
(a) He throws coffee on her.
(b) He trips her.
(c) He punches her in the face.
(d) He kicks her in the shin.
11. As she leaves Dr. Ahmad's office, Plum thinks to herself that she will look like which monster after all of her surgeries?
(c) The Wolfman.
(d) The Mummy.
12. How does Luz, the teenage victim of the gang-rape, commit suicide?
(a) She jumps in front of a train.
(b) She drowns herself.
(c) She uses a gun.
(d) She hangs herself.
13. Before her outing with Marlowe, Plum has not worn high heels since what event in her life?
(a) Her college graduation.
(b) Her senior prom.
(c) Her junior prom.
(d) Her high school graduation.
14. What implement does Dr. Ahmad use while he is planning Plum's various surgeries?
(a) A black marker.
(b) A laser pointer.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A compass.
15. What action does Dr. Ahmad tell Plum she will be unable to take after her breast lift and implant surgeries?
(a) Experiencing sensation in her nipples.
(b) Going swimming.
(d) Doing her own breast exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Plum moves from her posh apartment into a basement apartment, where is the basement apartment located?
2. What quality is present within all of the clothes Plum chooses when she goes shopping?
3. How many of the women affiliated with The Calliope House actually live there, including Plum?
4. In what room is the namesake of The Calliope House carved into the wall?
5. What object does Plum steal from Verena's desk just before she flees from The Calliope House in her new white poplin dress?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)