|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before her outing with Marlowe, Plum has not worn high heels since what event in her life?
(a) Her college graduation.
(b) Her junior prom.
(c) Her high school graduation.
(d) Her senior prom.
2. When Plum first sees the white poplin dress that has been remade in her size, she describes it as looking like a what?
(a) A tent.
(b) A cartoon.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A vision.
3. What is distinctive about the room in which hardcore porn videos are projected 24 hours a day within The Calliope House?
(a) It is enormous.
(b) It is painted black.
(c) It is lit with only red lighting.
(d) It is circular.
4. How does the man who insults Plum respond to her retort?
(a) He trips her.
(b) He punches her in the face.
(c) He throws coffee on her.
(d) He kicks her in the shin.
5. Just before Julia drifts off to sleep, she murmurs to Plum that she has always thought that Plum is what adjective?
6. Who delivers the insult that Marlowe ends up incorporating into her tattoo?
(a) An NBC executive.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A reporter.
7. Before they go to the dermatologist, Marlowe and Plum go to a coffeehouse, but Plum cannot sit down to drink her iced coffee. Why can she not sit down?
(a) Her new Thinz undergarments are squeezing her too tightly.
(b) There are no seats available after she lets Marlowe take the last stool.
(c) She is too nervous about her facial peel.
(d) She is too excited for her fine-line-reducing facial.
8. When Plum asks Julia why she had asked Plum for the 52,000 email addresses of Kitty's readers, what is Julia's reply?
(a) She says that she had wanted to respond to all of the messages that Plum had deleted.
(b) She says that she had wanted to test Plum to see if she could be trusted.
(c) She says that she had wanted to send the teen girls copies of Riot Grrl Magazine.
(d) She says that she had wanted to turn over the addresses to Jennifer for recruiting purposes.
9. Whom does Plum mentally force from the dressing room as she chooses a new wardrobe?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(d) The phantom woman that she compares herself to.
10. For how long does misogynist music play each morning at 7:30 am at The Calliope House?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) One minute.
(d) Three minutes.
11. What part of Plum's body does the esthetician NOT wax when Marlowe takes Plum to the waxing salon?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her privates.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her underarms.
12. Where does Plum immediately go when the women are allowed back into The Calliope House at dawn the morning after the bomb threat?
(a) The shower.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The backyard.
(d) Her bedroom.
13. Who will serve as the director of the clinic for at-risk adolescent girls planned by Verena and Sana?
14. For what reason do Marlowe and Plum get kicked out of the Strippercise class?
(a) They are laughing too loudly.
(b) They refuse to participate.
(c) Marlowe makes unpopular comments.
(d) Plum whistles at the male janitor who walks by.
15. As she leaves Dr. Ahmad's office, Plum thinks to herself that she will look like which monster after all of her surgeries?
(c) The Mummy.
(d) The Wolfman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the women affiliated with The Calliope House actually live there, including Plum?
2. What is the name of Marlowe's infant son?
3. With whom had Soledad worked at a women's clinic in her role as a rape crisis counselor?
4. What is the name of the reporter that Plum describes as being on television all day with Jennifer coverage, "as if she were covering a war" (156)?
5. Marlowe tells Plum that she should have learned from Kitty by now that "being a woman means being a" (144) what?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)