|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one piece of advice Plum gives LuAnne when she writes to Plum to tell her that her stepbrother is sneaking into her room at night?
(a) Take videos of his visits.
(b) Lock your door.
(c) Tell a trusted adult what is happening.
(d) Pile up furniture in front of the door.
2. What quality does Plum say has always defined her?
3. What request does Julia make of Plum the first time they meet?
(a) She asks Plum to go to dinner with her.
(b) She asks Plum to give her the email addresses of the teenage girls who have written to Kitty.
(c) She asks Plum to spy on Kitty for her.
(d) She asks Plum to quit her job with Austen Media.
4. What word is written on the wadded up pieces of paper found within the throats of both Michael Simmons and Davis Green?
5. The simile that the author uses to describe how Plum feels when she is around women with "grown-up lives" (7) is "like a" what "floating in a jar of formaldehyde" (7)?
(a) Like a fetus.
(b) Like an animal.
(c) Like a rotten tooth.
(d) Like an abnormal brain.
6. What does Verena reveal as Plum's first step on the "New Baptist Plan" (110)?
(a) Contacting anyone who has made fun of her body to demand an apology.
(b) Weaning herself off of antidepressants.
(c) Eating everything she wants for twenty-four hours straight.
(d) Getting rid of her too-small clothing.
7. How does Plum learn about the Baptist Weight Loss Plan?
(a) She reads a book about it.
(b) Her brother tells her about it.
(c) She sees commercials about it on television.
(d) Her best friend tells her about it.
8. Whose twin brother and nephew are kidnapped by the terrorist organization known as Jennifer?
(a) The CEO of The Daily Herald.
(b) The CEO of The Daily Sun.
(c) The CEO of the Mirror.
(d) The CEO of The London Times.
9. At what time of day does Plum say she usually "slips into despair" (12) each day?
(a) 3 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
10. How does Plum describe the hair of the girl who has been following her?
(a) Short and dark.
(b) Long and dark.
(c) Long and blonde.
(d) Short and blonde.
11. Plum says that after bariatric surgery, "in one year, it would be possible to lose more than" (7) how many pounds?
12. In what year was the Austen Corporation created?
13. Verena explains that the Calliope House used to serve as what type of organization between the 1920s and the 1970s?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A wedding reception hall.
(c) A house for unwed mothers.
(d) A dentistry practice.
14. What does Julia have tattooed all over her chest?
(b) Eternity symbols.
(c) Roses with thorns.
15. How many teenage girls' email addresses does Plum have as a result of her position at Austen Media?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lying across Plum's bed that embarrasses Plum the first time Verena visits Plum's apartment?
2. At what location does Plum first notice that a girl is following her?
3. In what month is Plum's bariatric surgery scheduled?
4. Why does Plum turn down Carmen's invitation to join Carmen and her girlfriend for dinner?
5. What is NOT an item listed as dangerous to dieters within the Baptist Plan pamphlets Plum is given?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)