|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea had it been to give Plum a copy of Adventures in Dietland?
2. What does Verena offer to give to Plum if Plum follows what Verena calls "the New Baptist Plan" (92)?
(a) A trip to Maui.
(c) A job at the Calliope House.
(d) A new wardrobe.
3. For what reason does Plum reject her father's offer for her to come visit him in Boise?
(a) She has acquired a fear of flying.
(b) She cannot take her Baptist meals with her.
(c) She does not want him to see her again until she is thin.
(d) She wants to stay in town to spend time with her new boyfriend.
4. What word is written on the wadded up pieces of paper found within the throats of both Michael Simmons and Davis Green?
5. What type of structure is the Calliope House?
(a) Two townhouses joined together.
(b) Three duplexes joined together.
(c) One large mansion.
(d) A warehouse.
6. What is Plum's last name?
7. What is stored in the room in which Plum discovers Julia?
(b) Yoga mats and meditation pillows.
8. What method is used by the Baptist Diet meeting leader to determine how much weight Plum needs to lose?
(a) A measurement of her metabolic rate.
(b) A measurement of her body fat percentage.
(c) A software program developed by Eulayla's brother.
(d) The Body Mass Index.
9. In what month is Plum's bariatric surgery scheduled?
10. How does Plum reply when Verena asks her what Alicia will be able to do as a skinny person, that Plum cannot?
(a) She says Alicia will be able to eat in public.
(b) She says Alicia will never want for money.
(c) She says Alicia will have a boyfriend.
(d) She says Alicia will be able to walk down the street without hearing mean comments.
11. On the day that Verena first visits Plum's apartment, how long does Plum say it has been since anyone besides the superintendent has been inside her home?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
12. Plum says that the bariatric surgery will result in her stomach being the size of what object?
(a) A golf ball.
(b) A pea.
(c) A peanut.
(d) A walnut.
13. How many pounds is Plum told she needs to lose when she attends the Baptist Diet meeting?
14. What type of surgery do Julia and her sisters undergo as they each reach their 21st birthdays?
(a) Preventative double mastectomies.
(c) Breast implant surgeries.
15. When Verena asks Plum what would happen if she is already living her real life and will never lose weight, what is Plum's reply?
(a) She replies that she would move into The Calliope House for good.
(b) She replies that she would not want to live anymore.
(c) She replies that she would celebrate letting go of the obsession.
(d) She replies that she would never leave her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia have tattooed all over her chest?
2. When Erica whispers to Plum, where does she tell her to go?
3. With what two words do the pleas Plum receives from teenage girls always begin?
4. How does Plum describe the hair of the girl who has been following her?
5. At what location does Plum first notice that a girl is following her?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)