|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since Plum set foot inside her childhood home on Harper Lane?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Eight years.
2. What quality does Plum say has always defined her?
3. How old is Verena?
(a) In her late 40s.
(b) In her early 30s.
(c) In her early 50s.
(d) In her late 30s.
4. How many fashion magazines are published by Austen Media?
5. The simile that the author uses to describe how Plum feels when she is around women with "grown-up lives" (7) is "like a" what "floating in a jar of formaldehyde" (7)?
(a) Like a rotten tooth.
(b) Like an abnormal brain.
(c) Like a fetus.
(d) Like an animal.
6. Verena tells Plum that "the weight-loss industry is the most" what type of "failed industry in history" (98)?
7. What is lying across Plum's bed that embarrasses Plum the first time Verena visits Plum's apartment?
(a) A pile of candy bar wrappers.
(b) A new yellow sweater much too small for Plum.
(c) A new black skirt much too small for Plum.
(d) A new red dress much too small for Plum.
8. How long does the Baptist Diet meeting leader tell Plum it will take for her to lose all the weight?
(a) Two years.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
9. What is NOT one piece of advice Plum gives LuAnne when she writes to Plum to tell her that her stepbrother is sneaking into her room at night?
(a) Pile up furniture in front of the door.
(b) Tell a trusted adult what is happening.
(c) Lock your door.
(d) Take videos of his visits.
10. What is Plum's last name?
11. How does Plum meet Carmen?
(a) They both work at Austen Media.
(b) Carmen marries Plum's brother.
(c) They attend the same support group meetings.
(d) In college.
12. In what month does the novel begin?
13. Who puts the names and photos of Michael Simmons and Davis Green online?
(c) Shonda's parents.
14. What does Verena reveal as Plum's first step on the "New Baptist Plan" (110)?
(a) Weaning herself off of antidepressants.
(b) Contacting anyone who has made fun of her body to demand an apology.
(c) Eating everything she wants for twenty-four hours straight.
(d) Getting rid of her too-small clothing.
15. After what number week of her Baptist Diet does Plum lose every ounce of energy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plum describe the hair of the girl who has been following her?
2. Plum says that the bariatric surgery will result in her stomach being the size of what object?
3. What is stored in the room in which Plum discovers Julia?
4. Where does Plum keep clothes that are much too small for her?
5. At what location does Plum first notice that a girl is following her?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)