|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 266-307.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plum meet Carmen?
(a) In college.
(b) They both work at Austen Media.
(c) Carmen marries Plum's brother.
(d) They attend the same support group meetings.
2. Plum says that after bariatric surgery, "in one year, it would be possible to lose more than" (7) how many pounds?
3. What item does Plum put on before running outside during the bomb threat at The Calliope House that causes the other women to tease her?
(a) A coat.
(d) A bra.
4. The dermatologist tells Plum that she is no longer allowed to take what action?
(a) Going out in the sun.
(b) Washing her face with soap.
(d) Eating saturated fats.
5. When Plum finally retrieves her mail from her Brooklyn apartment, there is a letter from Austen Media that states the cause of her termination as what?
(a) Gross misconduct.
(b) Presenting an unwholesome vision of Daisy Chain magazine to the public.
(d) Time theft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distinctive about the room in which hardcore porn videos are projected 24 hours a day within The Calliope House?
2. What does Rubi tell Plum that all of Plum's years of dieting have ruined, saying that it will now take time to heal?
3. With what remaining reminder is Plum left after her altercation with the man on the subway platform?
4. What reason does Plum provide for why she does not have more friends, does not have dinner parties, and does not have overnight guests?
5. Who does Plum name as the type of woman that has caused men like Mason believe they have the power to define beauty?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)