|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 205-265.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marlowe's infant son?
2. What does Plum say she can tell about the sales clerk at the plus-size clothing store?
(a) That she is an ally.
(b) That she is judgmental.
(c) That she is comfortable with herself.
(d) That she has great fashion sense.
3. Which dress does Plum choose when Verena asks her to bring one of Alicia's dresses to her meeting with Marlowe?
(a) The white poplin dress.
(b) The yellow dropwaist dress.
(c) The striped shirtdress.
(d) The little black dress.
4. What quality is present within all of the clothes Plum chooses when she goes shopping?
5. In what location does Plum have the nervous breakdown that causes her to consider committing suicide?
(a) At the university library.
(b) At the university health clinic.
(c) At the supermarket.
(d) At the gym.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does Plum say she usually "slips into despair" (12) each day?
2. What action had Marlowe taken during her time in Italy that had endangered her contract with NBC?
3. The simile that the author uses to describe how Plum feels when she is around women with "grown-up lives" (7) is "like a" what "floating in a jar of formaldehyde" (7)?
4. What is Plum's last name?
5. What is the name of the sitcom starring Marlowe that Plum says she used to watch as a little girl?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)