|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 67-130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Plum say is rumored to be within Verena's inherited fortune?
2. In what location does Plum have the nervous breakdown that causes her to consider committing suicide?
(a) At the gym.
(b) At the university library.
(c) At the university health clinic.
(d) At the supermarket.
3. How long does the Baptist Diet meeting leader tell Plum it will take for her to lose all the weight?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
4. How does Plum meet Carmen?
(a) In college.
(b) They attend the same support group meetings.
(c) They both work at Austen Media.
(d) Carmen marries Plum's brother.
5. What does Verena offer to give to Plum if Plum follows what Verena calls "the New Baptist Plan" (92)?
(a) A job at the Calliope House.
(b) A trip to Maui.
(c) A new wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Verena explicitly say she does not inhabit?
2. What reason does Plum provide for why she does not have more friends, does not have dinner parties, and does not have overnight guests?
3. What excuse does Erica use to get Plum to come to the Austen Media offices?
4. Plum says that the bariatric surgery will result in her stomach being the size of what object?
5. How does Plum's mother feel about Plum's plan to have bariatric surgery?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)