|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Drink Me," pages 62-130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The simile that the author uses to describe how Plum feels when she is around women with "grown-up lives" (7) is "like a" what "floating in a jar of formaldehyde" (7)?
(a) Like a rotten tooth.
(b) Like an abnormal brain.
(c) Like an animal.
(d) Like a fetus.
2. How many pounds is Plum told she needs to lose when she attends the Baptist Diet meeting?
3. In what state does Plum attend college?
(d) Rhode Island.
4. How does Plum's mother feel about Plum's plan to have bariatric surgery?
(a) She does not know about Plum's plans for surgery.
(b) She wants to pay for it.
(c) She is for it.
(d) She is against it.
5. How does Plum reply when Verena asks her what Alicia will be able to do as a skinny person, that Plum cannot?
(a) She says Alicia will be able to eat in public.
(b) She says Alicia will never want for money.
(c) She says Alicia will have a boyfriend.
(d) She says Alicia will be able to walk down the street without hearing mean comments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plum describe the hair of the girl who has been following her?
2. Whose idea had it been to give Plum a copy of Adventures in Dietland?
3. How old is Plum?
4. What is NOT an item listed as dangerous to dieters within the Baptist Plan pamphlets Plum is given?
5. Verena tells Plum that "the weight-loss industry is the most" what type of "failed industry in history" (98)?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)