|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 67-130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Verena offer to give to Plum if Plum follows what Verena calls "the New Baptist Plan" (92)?
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A trip to Maui.
(d) A job at the Calliope House.
2. Plum says that after bariatric surgery, "in one year, it would be possible to lose more than" (7) how many pounds?
3. At what time of day does Plum say she usually "slips into despair" (12) each day?
(a) 10 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
4. Verena tells Plum that "the weight-loss industry is the most" what type of "failed industry in history" (98)?
5. What type of structure is the Calliope House?
(a) One large mansion.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) Three duplexes joined together.
(d) Two townhouses joined together.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that Verena first visits Plum's apartment, how long does Plum say it has been since anyone besides the superintendent has been inside her home?
2. Who sends Plum an email while pretending to be a teenage girl in need of help from Kitty?
3. How many sisters does Julia have who, like her, engage in spying on the fashion, beauty, and media industries?
4. Plum says that her daily activities have kept her within what radius of her house for many years?
5. What types of meetings does Plum attend in the basement of a church?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)