|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 266-307.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plum says that after bariatric surgery, "in one year, it would be possible to lose more than" (7) how many pounds?
2. Verena tells Plum that "the weight-loss industry is the most" what type of "failed industry in history" (98)?
3. What part of Plum's body does the esthetician NOT wax when Marlowe takes Plum to the waxing salon?
(a) Her privates.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her underarms.
4. What types of meetings does Plum attend in the basement of a church?
(a) Overeaters Anonymous meetings.
(b) Al-Anon meetings.
(c) Waist Watchers meetings.
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
5. How old is Verena?
(a) In her late 30s.
(b) In her early 30s.
(c) In her early 50s.
(d) In her late 40s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what British newspaper are photos of topless young women always published on page three?
2. For how long does misogynist music play each morning at 7:30 am at The Calliope House?
3. What is the name of Marlowe's son?
4. When Plum moves from her posh apartment into a basement apartment, where is the basement apartment located?
5. What news does Julia announce when she joins the other women around the bonfire?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)