|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 205-265.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plum reply when Verena asks her what Alicia will be able to do as a skinny person, that Plum cannot?
(a) She says Alicia will never want for money.
(b) She says Alicia will have a boyfriend.
(c) She says Alicia will be able to walk down the street without hearing mean comments.
(d) She says Alicia will be able to eat in public.
2. What is the name of Marlowe's infant son?
3. What type of surgery do Julia and her sisters undergo as they each reach their 21st birthdays?
(b) Preventative double mastectomies.
(d) Breast implant surgeries.
4. Verena tells Plum that "the weight-loss industry is the most" what type of "failed industry in history" (98)?
5. In what room is the namesake of The Calliope House carved into the wall?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the foyer.
(c) In Plum's bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Julia have who, like her, engage in spying on the fashion, beauty, and media industries?
2. What request does Julia make of Plum the first time they meet?
3. Whose idea had it been to give Plum a copy of Adventures in Dietland?
4. What connection does Plum say she shares with Julia and with none of the other women associated with The Calliope House?
5. When Plum moves from her posh apartment into a basement apartment, where is the basement apartment located?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)