• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Walker, Sarai. Dietland. 2015. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Mariner Books, Print.
• Dietland tells the story of Alicia “Plum” Kettle, an aspiring writer doing unfulfilling work in New York, who puts off following her dreams until she achieves the perfect figure.
• Part one, Rabbit Hole, begins in May with the as-yet-unnamed narrator observing that a young woman with long, dark hair and brightly-colored tights has been following her.
• Although the narrator says she is used to being stared at, she notes that there is always something unusual in the way this young woman had looked at her in the cafe when Plum had first noticed her presence.
• In a café close to the narrator's home, the narrator sits down and starts responding to emails from distressed teenage girls.
• All of the emails are addressed to someone...
This section contains 6,577 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)