|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment is given to Loder after his trial?
2. Where does Beau order the Marines and other agents to sit?
3. Why does Beau say he decided not to kill Reacher?
4. Who gives Reacher a tour of the camp?
5. What does Beau do when he tells Reacher his mission is canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
2. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
3. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
4. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
5. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
6. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
7. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
8. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
9. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
10. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)