|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beau, who is behind the failure of the middle class?
2. How much money does Fowler tell Reacher their group has access to?
3. Who brings General Garber to the camp?
4. Where does Reacher go after killing Fowler?
5. Why does Holly remove the bolts from her bed frame?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
2. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
3. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
4. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
5. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
6. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
7. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
8. What happens during Loder's trial?
9. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
10. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)