|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Reacher is hiding in the cave, when does Beau say the plan will be put in motion?
2. Why does the group have plans to kill Reacher?
3. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
4. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
5. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
2. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
3. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
4. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
5. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
6. What does Reacher see when he is given a tour of the camp?
7. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
8. What happens after Mac's team receives Holly's fax?
9. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
10. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)