|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
2. In Chapter 43, why does Garber kill a guard?
3. Why are Johnson and Webster unable to take a military vehicle into the town neighboring the camp?
4. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
5. In Chapter 41, who sees Mac being taken by Beau's group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
2. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
3. What does Reacher see when he is given a tour of the camp?
4. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
5. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
6. What happens after Mac's team receives Holly's fax?
7. What happens during Loder's trial?
8. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
9. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
10. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of government control as it is presented and reflected on in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 3
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)