|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beau, who is behind the failure of the middle class?
2. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
3. When does the woman in the kitchen of the camp ask Reacher to come see her later in the night?
4. How many people do the FBI figure disappeared around the time of Beau Borken's father's death?
5. In Chapter 37, why does the military decide to send a helicopter over Beau's camp?
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
Essay Topic 2
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Beau could be considered successful, even considering the ending of this novel.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)