|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
2. What does Reacher find in the first cave he discovers?
3. What does Beau do when he tells Reacher his mission is canceled?
4. Why does Holly remove the bolts from her bed frame?
5. Why does Garber follow Mac when he is taken in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
2. What happens during Loder's trial?
3. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
4. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
5. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
6. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
7. What does Reacher see when he is given a tour of the camp?
8. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
9. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
10. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)