|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Reacher tell his punishment guard he wants to leave the hut?
2. Where does Reacher hide when Beau and Fowler approach him in the cave?
3. Why is Mac worried about his undercover agent, Jackson?
4. How does Reacher save Mac from being killed?
5. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
2. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
3. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
4. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
5. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
6. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
7. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
8. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
9. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
10. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)