|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Reacher a tour of the camp?
2. Where does Beau order the Marines and other agents to sit?
3. After leaving the courthouse, what is happening in the clearing Holly visits?
4. What does Reacher find in the first cave he discovers?
5. According to Beau, who is behind the failure of the middle class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
2. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
3. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
4. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
5. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
6. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
7. What happens during Loder's trial?
8. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
9. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
10. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)