|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Reacher is trying to find Holly in Chapter 41, what does he avoid doing?
2. What do Mac and Webster feel they need to control coming in and out of Beau's camp as their first line of defense?
3. While Reacher is hiding in the cave, when does Beau say the plan will be put in motion?
4. Why does Mac send a photograph of Reacher to the Pentagon?
5. Where do three guards take Mac to tie him down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
2. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
3. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
4. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
5. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
6. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
7. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
8. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
9. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
10. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 2
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)