|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Reacher tell his punishment guard he belongs to?
2. Where does Webster go after being told to ignore Holly's case twice by the President?
3. What punishment is given to Loder after his trial?
4. Why does Holly remove the bolts from her bed frame?
5. How many people do the FBI figure disappeared around the time of Beau Borken's father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
2. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
3. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
4. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
5. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
6. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
7. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
8. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
9. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
10. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 2
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are Reacher's motives? Explain what drives Reacher to act the way he does throughout the novel. Use specific examples.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)