|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the woman in the kitchen of the camp ask Reacher to come see her later in the night?
2. How does Beau declare his camp's independence from the United States?
3. How much money does Fowler tell Reacher their group has access to?
4. After leaving the courthouse, what is happening in the clearing Holly visits?
5. Where does Reacher hide when Beau and Fowler approach him in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
2. What happens during Loder's trial?
3. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
4. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
5. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
6. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
7. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
8. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
9. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
10. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of foreshadowing in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)