|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
2. Why does Reacher's punishment guard let him leave the hut at ten o'clock?
3. Why does the group have plans to kill Reacher?
4. Why is Mac worried about his undercover agent, Jackson?
5. Where does Reacher go after killing Fowler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
What are Reacher's motives? Explain what drives Reacher to act the way he does throughout the novel. Use specific examples.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)