|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holly threaten to do if Beau and his kidnappers won't let Reacher go?
2. Why is Mac worried about his undercover agent, Jackson?
3. Where does Holly go when she leaves the courthouse?
4. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
5. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
2. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
3. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
4. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
5. What happens during Loder's trial?
6. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
7. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
8. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
9. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
10. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of animal symbolism in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)