|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher do when he shoots at the target 1000 yards away?
2. How does Beau know that Reacher saves Mac?
3. Who does Reacher hear Beau talking to on Johnson's radio?
4. What time does Reacher tell his punishment guard he wants to leave the hut?
5. In Chapter 35, why does Holly need to find a new weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
2. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
3. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
4. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
5. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
6. What happens after Mac's team receives Holly's fax?
7. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
8. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
9. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
10. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
Essay Topic 3
What are Reacher's motives? Explain what drives Reacher to act the way he does throughout the novel. Use specific examples.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)