|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Reacher say Loder and the other kidnappers were in Chicago before taking Holly?
2. In Chapter 35, why does Holly need to find a new weapon?
3. Why does Beau say Mac has to die?
4. How does Reacher save Mac from being killed?
5. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
2. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
3. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
4. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
5. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
6. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
7. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
8. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
9. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
10. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of foreshadowing in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)