|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do three guards take Mac to tie him down?
2. Where does Reacher believe the camp has a mole working?
3. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
4. Why do Mac and his team fly to the Mojave Desert?
5. Where does the Helicopter land after being hit by a missile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Loder's trial?
2. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
3. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
4. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
5. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
6. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
7. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
8. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
9. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
10. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)