|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holly go when she leaves the courthouse?
2. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
3. Where does Beau order the Marines and other agents to sit?
4. Why does Beau say he decided not to kill Reacher?
5. Who does Beau order back to their looking point to watch Mac die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
2. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
3. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
4. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
5. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
6. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
7. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
8. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
9. What happens during Loder's trial?
10. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
Essay Topic 3
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)