|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mac worried about his undercover agent, Jackson?
2. How does Beau know that Reacher saves Mac?
3. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
4. Where do Mac and his team travel after leaving the desert?
5. Where does Webster go after being told to ignore Holly's case twice by the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
2. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
3. What happens during Loder's trial?
4. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
5. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
6. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
7. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
8. What does Reacher see when he is given a tour of the camp?
9. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
10. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)