|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people do the FBI figure disappeared around the time of Beau Borken's father's death?
2. What does Reacher find in the second cave he discovers?
3. Where do Mac and his team travel after leaving the desert?
4. Where does Reacher hide when Beau and Fowler approach him in the cave?
5. Why does Beau say Mac has to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
2. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
3. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
4. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
5. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
6. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
7. What happens during Loder's trial?
8. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
9. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
10. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Reacher's motives? Explain what drives Reacher to act the way he does throughout the novel. Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Beau could be considered successful, even considering the ending of this novel.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)