|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beau do when he tells Reacher his mission is canceled?
2. In Chapter 26, who does Johnson's aide suggest the agents contact to find out more about Reacher?
3. How does Beau know that Reacher saves Mac?
4. Who does Beau order back to their looking point to watch Mac die?
5. After leaving the courthouse, what is happening in the clearing Holly visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
2. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
3. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
4. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
5. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
6. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
7. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
8. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
9. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
10. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)