|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac send a photograph of Reacher to the Pentagon?
2. Who does Reacher hear Beau talking to on Johnson's radio?
3. Who tells Holly that the group plans to execute Reacher?
4. What does a sheriff say Beau Borken's father did for a living?
5. What happens during Loder's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
2. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
3. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
4. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
5. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
6. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
7. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
8. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
9. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
10. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of foreshadowing in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 2
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)