|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beau order to kill Reacher in Chapter 37?
2. Who gives Reacher a tour of the camp?
3. While Reacher is trying to find Holly in Chapter 41, what does he avoid doing?
4. What does Reacher do when he shoots at the target 1000 yards away?
5. What do Mac and Webster feel they need to control coming in and out of Beau's camp as their first line of defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
2. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
3. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
4. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
5. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
6. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
7. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
8. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
9. What does Reacher see when he is given a tour of the camp?
10. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 2
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of animal symbolism in "Die Trying".
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)