|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Webster go after being told to ignore Holly's case twice by the President?
2. Who does Reacher hear Beau talking to on Johnson's radio?
3. What does Fowler tell Reacher his group has taken over the day-to-day operations of?
4. What does Reacher find in the second cave he discovers?
5. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
2. What happens during Loder's trial?
3. What does Reacher see when he is given a tour of the camp?
4. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
5. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
6. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
7. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
8. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
9. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
10. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Beau's camp and the places/items within it. How are these things symbolic? How do they reflect upon the characters and events in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)