|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
2. Where does the man go to make a phone call about the room within a room?
3. How does Reacher meet Holly?
4. Why do the mysterious people make a room within a room?
5. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
2. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
3. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
4. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
5. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
6. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
7. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
8. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
9. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Beau's camp and the places/items within it. How are these things symbolic? How do they reflect upon the characters and events in this novel?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)