|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
2. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
3. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
4. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
5. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the room within a room doesn't explode?
2. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
3. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
4. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
5. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
6. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
7. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
8. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
9. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
10. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of foreshadowing in "Die Trying".
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)