|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
2. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
3. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
4. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
5. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
2. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
3. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
4. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
5. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
6. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
7. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
8. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
9. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
10. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 2
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)