|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
2. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
3. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
4. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
5. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
2. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
3. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
4. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
5. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
6. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
7. How does Chapter 7 end?
8. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
9. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
10. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)