|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
2. In Chapter 16, who does the undercover agent call?
3. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
4. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
5. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher do after killing Fowler?
2. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
3. What does Mac realize about his radio conversation with Beau in Chapter 40?
4. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
5. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
6. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
7. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
8. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
9. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
10. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of animal symbolism in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)