|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
2. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
3. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
4. In Chapter 16, who does the undercover agent call?
5. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
2. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
3. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
4. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
5. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
6. How does Beau respond when Holly threatens to kill herself?
7. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
8. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
9. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
10. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)