|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
2. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
3. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
4. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
5. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
2. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
3. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
5. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
6. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
7. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
8. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
9. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
10. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of animal symbolism in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)