|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
3. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
5. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
2. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
3. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
4. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
5. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
6. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
7. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
8. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
9. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
10. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of government control as it is presented and reflected on in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Beau's camp and the places/items within it. How are these things symbolic? How do they reflect upon the characters and events in this novel?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)