|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
2. Why does Mac take the security footage to the tech department?
3. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
4. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
5. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
2. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
3. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
4. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
5. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
6. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
7. What do Webster and Mac do in Chapter 35 to try to help Holly?
8. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
9. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
10. What happens during Loder's trial?
Essay Topic 1
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)