|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
2. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
3. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
4. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
5. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
2. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
3. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
4. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
5. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
6. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
7. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
8. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
9. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
10. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)