|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
2. In Chapter 16, who does the undercover agent call?
3. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
4. How does Holly feel about her relationship with her father?
5. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
2. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
3. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
4. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
5. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
6. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
7. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
8. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
9. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
10. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 2
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)