|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
2. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
3. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
4. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
5. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
2. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
3. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
4. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
5. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
6. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
7. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
8. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
9. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
10. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Beau could be considered successful, even considering the ending of this novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)