|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the barn, how does Reacher seem to feel about his situation?
2. Who tells Holly's father she is missing?
3. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
4. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
5. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 7 end?
2. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
3. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
4. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
5. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
6. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
7. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
8. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
9. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
10. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)