|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher travel around the United States?
2. How does Holly respond when Reacher asks her why the kidnappers would want her?
3. What does Reacher tell Holly to do with her breakfast before they leave the barn for the van?
4. Where does Holly Johnson work for the FBI?
5. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
3. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
4. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
5. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
6. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
7. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
8. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
9. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
10. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of foreshadowing in "Die Trying".
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)