|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
2. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
3. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
4. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
5. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher learn that Beau's group doesn't have experience with long range rifles?
2. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
3. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
4. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
5. What does Webster do after he finds out about Reacher's military service?
6. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
7. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
8. Why does Reacher instruct the group to go to San Francisco?
9. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
10. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
Essay Topic 1
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Beau's camp and the places/items within it. How are these things symbolic? How do they reflect upon the characters and events in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)