|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
3. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
4. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
5. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
2. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
3. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
4. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
5. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
6. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
7. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
8. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
9. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
10. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)