|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
2. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
3. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
4. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
5. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
2. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
4. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
5. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
6. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
7. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
8. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
9. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
10. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Beau could be considered successful, even considering the ending of this novel.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)