|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holly respond when Reacher asks her why the kidnappers would want her?
2. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
3. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
4. How does Holly feel about her relationship with her father?
5. Why does Mac take the security footage to the tech department?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
2. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
3. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
4. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
5. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
6. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
7. How does Chapter 7 end?
8. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
9. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
10. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)