|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
2. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
3. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
4. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
5. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
2. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
3. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
4. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
5. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
6. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
7. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
8. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
9. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
10. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Beau could be considered successful, even considering the ending of this novel.
Essay Topic 2
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)