Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
2. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
3. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
4. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
5. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
2. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
3. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
4. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
5. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
6. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
7. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
8. How does Chapter 7 end?
9. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
10. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
Explore the theme of government control as it is presented and reflected on in this novel.
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
Follow the development of Holly's relationship with Reacher throughout the novel. How is their relationship developed and defined? What does it do to help define the other character? What purpose does their relationship serve for the novel as a whole?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)