|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
2. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
3. What does the FBI find inside the electrician's stolen van?
4. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
5. Why does Reacher repair the ring he broke in his horse stall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
2. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
3. How does Chapter 7 end?
4. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
5. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
6. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
7. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
8. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
9. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
10. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
Essay Topic 2
What genre is "Die Trying"? Use specific details from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)