Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
2. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
3. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
4. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
5. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
2. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
3. What happens after Reacher saves Mac from being killed?
4. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
5. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
6. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
7. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
8. How does Chapter 7 end?
9. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
10. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Beau's camp to one other setting in this novel.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)