|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
2. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
3. Why is Brogan excited to find that an electrician had his van stolen?
4. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
5. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
2. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
3. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
4. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
5. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
6. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
7. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
8. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
9. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the theme of government control as it is presented and reflected on in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Beau's camp and the places/items within it. How are these things symbolic? How do they reflect upon the characters and events in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)