|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
2. Why do Brogan and Milosevic think they have useful clues after investigating the dentist?
3. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
4. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
5. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
3. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
4. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
5. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
6. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
7. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
8. How does Chapter 7 end?
9. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
10. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of animal symbolism in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of proving oneself in this novel.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)