|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
2. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
3. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
4. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
5. Why do the mysterious people make a room within a room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
2. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
3. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
4. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
5. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
6. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
7. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
8. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
9. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
10. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Beau's camp and the places/items within it. How are these things symbolic? How do they reflect upon the characters and events in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of animal symbolism in "Die Trying".
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)