|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
2. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
3. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
4. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
5. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
2. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
3. What happens when Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition?
4. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
5. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
6. How does Reacher ensure Beau's men cannot use their stolen military vehicles?
7. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
8. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
9. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
10. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use dialogue to develop the plot? Examine specific conversations to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on leadership? Use specific examples from the novel to explore at least three characters who are considered to be leaders.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)