|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
2. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
3. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
4. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
5. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
2. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
3. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
5. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
6. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
7. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
8. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
9. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
10. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use Holly to reflect on gender issues?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on law enforcement in "Die Trying"? Why do you think he is presenting this message?
Essay Topic 3
How is Holly's crutch used as part of an extended metaphor in "Die Trying"? What does it represent? How does it help define characters and guide the plot?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)