|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
2. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
3. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
4. Where does Holly Johnson work for the FBI?
5. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
2. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
3. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
4. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
5. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
6. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
7. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
8. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
9. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
10. How does Chapter 7 end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two agents in "Die Trying". Consider their motives, goals, and actions.
Essay Topic 2
How is the act of rescuing used as a theme in this novel? What is the author saying about rescuing and being rescued?
Essay Topic 3
What are Reacher's motives? Explain what drives Reacher to act the way he does throughout the novel. Use specific examples.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)