|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
2. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
3. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
5. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
2. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
3. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
4. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
5. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
6. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
7. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
8. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
9. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
10. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this novel about Holly vs. her father? Explain how "Die Trying" comments on parent/child relationships.
Essay Topic 2
What narrative techniques does the author use to develop his characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's commentary on heroes and heroism?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)