|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holly go when she leaves the courthouse?
(a) Back to the room within a room.
(b) Down a narrow alley.
(c) To where they have been keeping Reacher.
(d) Into the woods.
2. Who does Beau order back to their looking point to watch Mac die?
3. Who does Reacher hear Beau talking to on Johnson's radio?
4. What reason does Johnson's aide give for why so many bases are closing?
(a) They aren't needed after the Cold War.
(b) The bases were corrupt.
(c) The military is opening bases overseas.
(d) The government doesn't have money to keep them open.
5. In Chapter 43, why does Garber kill a guard?
(a) To set up a watch point.
(b) To get even with him.
(c) To protect Beau.
(d) To get closer to Holly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a sheriff say Beau Borken's father did for a living?
2. Who does Beau capture in Chapter 40?
3. According to Beau, who is behind the failure of the middle class?
4. How long does Reacher say Loder and the other kidnappers were in Chicago before taking Holly?
5. In Chapter 35, why does Holly need to find a new weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mac and his agents find out when they go to the Mojave Desert?
2. How does Beau try to lure Reacher out of hiding in Chapter 43?
3. Why does Reacher assume Beau has a mole in the Chicago FBI office?
4. Why does Garber want to protect Mac in Chapter 41?
5. At the end of Chapter 43, what makes Reacher think Beau isn't done causing trouble yet?
6. What happens after Mac's team receives Holly's fax?
7. What happens when Webster goes to the attorney general to request permission for a plan to rescue Holly?
8. What does Reacher do when he discovers he is locked in the cave?
9. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
10. What does Reacher tell his punishment guard the first night he is in the hut?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)