|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the barn, how does Reacher seem to feel about his situation?
2. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) Each other.
(b) The side of a pig trough.
(c) Locks on a barn door.
(d) Metal rings in a horse stall.
3. How does Reacher meet Holly?
(a) She asks for directions
(b) He helps her.
(c) He asks for directions.
(d) She helps him.
4. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
(a) Falling during an arrest.
(c) She was attacked.
5. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
(a) He needs a car.
(b) He can't carry Holly that far.
(c) He has to get rid of the kidnapper's body.
(d) The kidnappers are keeping guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
2. Why does Mac take the security footage to the tech department?
3. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
4. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
5. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reacher explores the caves?
2. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
3. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
4. How does Holly escape the room within the room?
5. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
6. What does Reacher do when he leaves the tunnel?
7. How does Beau punish Reacher for killing a kidnapper?
8. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
9. What happens when the room within a room doesn't explode?
10. How does Chapter 7 end?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)