|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
(a) Make sure no noise can get out.
(b) Make sure no one can get in.
(c) Make sure no one can escape.
(d) Make sure no light can get in.
2. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(b) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(c) Because he tries to escape.
(d) Because he insults them.
3. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She says he doesn't know her yet.
(c) She says he is probably right.
(d) She says he is wrong.
4. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
(a) She takes a shower.
(b) She reads a book.
(c) She tries to find a way out.
(d) She braids her hair.
5. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
(a) Hidden cameras.
(b) A window.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
2. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
3. In Chapter 14, who does the commander have clean up blood?
4. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
5. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
2. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
3. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
4. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
5. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
6. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
7. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
8. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
9. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)