|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mac take the security footage to the tech department?
(a) To enlarge the pictures.
(b) To make a copy.
(c) To have still photographs made.
(d) To fix the rip in the tape.
2. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Handcuffs him to the stall.
(b) Suffocates him.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Hits him with a wood board.
3. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was put on a plane.
(b) She was handed over to someone else.
(c) She was locked in a factory.
(d) She was burned with the car.
4. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
(a) Because Holly used to work at a dry cleaner.
(b) Because a dry clearner sent him a tip.
(c) Because Holly went to a dry cleaner.
(d) Because he needs his clothes cleaned.
5. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
(a) Because he has work to do.
(b) Because they are being monitored.
(c) Because they need to run away.
(d) Because his phone bill hasn't been paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
2. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
3. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
4. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
5. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
2. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
3. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
4. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
5. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
6. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
7. Where do the kidnappers take Holly and Reacher in Chapter 21?
8. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
9. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
10. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)