|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
(a) No one else.
2. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
(a) Falling during an arrest.
(c) She was attacked.
3. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
(a) Cut off his arms.
(b) Steal his van and tools.
(c) Cut off his legs.
(d) Leave him in the room.
4. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
5. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
Short Answer Questions
1. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
2. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
3. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
4. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
5. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
3. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
4. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
5. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
6. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
7. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
8. What happens when Reacher leaves the barn where he was trapped in a horse stall?
9. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
10. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)