|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) A mile away from the barn.
(b) In the bottom of a well.
(c) He buries him in a horse stall.
(d) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
2. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
(a) He needs a car.
(b) The kidnappers are keeping guard.
(c) He has to get rid of the kidnapper's body.
(d) He can't carry Holly that far.
3. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
(a) Because the ransom notes are painted.
(b) Because Mac told him to.
(c) Because the kidnappers painted their stolen van.
(d) Because the one kidnapper is a painter.
4. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Handcuffs him to the stall.
(c) Hits him with a wood board.
(d) Suffocates him.
5. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
(a) They went to the same college.
(b) They were both army brats.
(c) They are both only children.
(d) They both play sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
2. Why do the mysterious people make a room within a room?
3. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
4. After having the kidnappers pull over, what direction does Reacher think they are headed?
5. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
2. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
3. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
4. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
5. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
6. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
7. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
8. How does Chapter 7 end?
9. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
10. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)