|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
(a) He is humored.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He doesn't notice.
2. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was burned with the car.
(b) She was locked in a factory.
(c) She was put on a plane.
(d) She was handed over to someone else.
3. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
(a) She tries to fight him off.
(b) She yells for Reacher to help her.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She twists her arm trying to get away.
4. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
(a) Because the one kidnapper is a painter.
(b) Because Mac told him to.
(c) Because the kidnappers painted their stolen van.
(d) Because the ransom notes are painted.
5. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
(a) To test their hidden cameras.
(b) To test a listening device.
(c) Because Reacher threatened them.
(d) Because Holly asked them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
2. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
4. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
5. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
2. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
3. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
4. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
5. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
6. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
7. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
8. Why does Reacher cut a hole in the wall of the barn?
9. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
10. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)