|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
(a) He can't see her.
(b) He is too far away from her.
(c) Both his hands are handcuffed.
(d) He can't hear her.
2. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
(a) He jumps on top of it.
(b) He shoots a gun.
(c) He hits it with a bat.
(d) He flips the van.
3. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(b) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(c) Because he tries to escape.
(d) Because he insults them.
4. Why do Brogan and Milosevic think they have useful clues after investigating the dentist?
(a) Because they now have two burned cars.
(b) Because they found a murder weapon.
(c) Because a neighbor is a witness.
(d) Because they found Holly's purse.
5. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
(a) Cut off his arms.
(b) Leave him in the room.
(c) Cut off his legs.
(d) Steal his van and tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
2. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
3. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
4. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
5. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
2. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
4. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
5. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
6. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
7. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
8. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
9. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
10. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)