|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who does the commander have clean up blood?
(c) Kidnapping victims.
(d) The carpenter.
2. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
3. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
(a) So he can talk to them.
(b) So he can use a bathroom.
(c) So Holly can try to escape.
(d) So he can try to read the license plate number.
4. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) He buries him in a horse stall.
(b) A mile away from the barn.
(c) In the bottom of a well.
(d) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
5. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She says he is probably right.
(c) She says he is wrong.
(d) She says he doesn't know her yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
2. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
3. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
4. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
5. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 7 end?
2. How does the kidnapper try to rape Holly in Chapter 17?
3. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
4. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
5. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
6. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
7. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
8. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
9. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
10. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)