|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A window.
(c) A message.
(d) Hidden cameras.
2. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was locked in a factory.
(b) She was burned with the car.
(c) She was handed over to someone else.
(d) She was put on a plane.
3. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
(a) It's license plate.
(b) Witnesses who saw the car burn.
(c) It's location.
(d) It's tire tracks.
4. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
(a) She says she'll kill herself too.
(b) She says muder is a worse crime than kidnapping.
(c) She says it is a waste of time.
(d) She says she won't cooperate.
5. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
(a) That he will be fired for lying to his agents.
(b) That it will become public.
(c) That he will fail to find her.
(d) That her father will blackmail him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who does the commander have clean up blood?
2. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
3. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
4. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
5. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the room within a room in Chapter 14?
2. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Mac lie to his agents in Chapter 8?
4. What happens after a mysterious man demolishes a room in Chapters 1 and 2?
5. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
6. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
7. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
8. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
9. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
10. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)