|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because she is afraid of him.
(b) Because the bed isn't big enough.
(c) Because she is in love with someone else.
(d) Because she needs privacy.
2. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
(a) They are both only children.
(b) They were both army brats.
(c) They went to the same college.
(d) They both play sports.
3. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
(a) He can't see her.
(b) Both his hands are handcuffed.
(c) He is too far away from her.
(d) He can't hear her.
4. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) Locks on a barn door.
(b) Each other.
(c) The side of a pig trough.
(d) Metal rings in a horse stall.
5. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
(a) The kidnappers are keeping guard.
(b) He has to get rid of the kidnapper's body.
(c) He can't carry Holly that far.
(d) He needs a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
2. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
3. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
4. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
5. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
2. How does Chapter 7 end?
3. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
4. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
5. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
6. How does Reacher protect Holly from being raped in Chapter 17?
7. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
8. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
9. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
10. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)