|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(a) A masked man.
(b) Beau Borken.
2. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
(a) She won't let him.
(b) The kidnappers won't let him.
(c) He falls down himself.
(d) A kidnapper carries her out.
3. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
(a) Because of an old crime scene.
(b) Because of a prank.
(c) Because he cut himself.
(d) Because of the dismembered carpenter.
4. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
(a) He can get full color photos.
(b) He can blur it out.
(c) He can run it through face recognition software.
(d) He can enlarge his face.
5. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Refuses to eat it.
(b) Eats it all.
(c) Shares it with Reacher.
(d) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
2. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
3. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
4. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
5. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Holly and Reacher doing when they are taken by the gunmen?
2. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
3. How do the kidnappers show Reacher they don't care about him in Chapter 17?
4. How does Brogan use the stolen electrician's van to help him investigate?
5. How does Mac first learn about Beau Borken?
6. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
7. Why does Mac add Reacher to the list of possible kidnappers?
8. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
9. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
10. What is Borken's plan for his "new country"?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)