|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
(a) He can run it through face recognition software.
(b) He can enlarge his face.
(c) He can blur it out.
(d) He can get full color photos.
2. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
(a) Lincoln Park Zoo.
(b) Meigs Field.
(c) Wrigley Field.
(d) Shedd's Aquarium.
3. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is humored.
(d) He doesn't notice.
4. Why does Reacher travel around the United States?
(a) To find work.
(b) To interview military workers.
(c) To get to know the country.
(d) To write a book.
5. Who tells Holly's father she is missing?
(d) Holly herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
2. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
3. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
4. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
5. What does Webster promise Mac in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher do after he gets his handcuffs off in the barn?
2. After Reacher and Holly have been taken into a van by the gunmen, what does Reacher think of the situation?
3. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
4. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
5. What happens to Loder when he is back in the "new country"?
6. What lie does Mac tell his agents in Chapter 8?
7. How does Reacher treat the kidnappers when they leave the barn for the van?
8. What happens when Mac takes the security footage to the tech department?
9. How do Brogan and Milosevic link the dentist's car to the kidnappers?
10. Why does Reacher say he wants to get to know America?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)