|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
(a) Behind a van.
(b) Down an alley.
(c) Into a car.
(d) Into an office.
2. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
(a) To let Holly sleep on.
(b) To block the sound.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To soften the ride.
3. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(a) A masked man.
(d) Beau Borken.
4. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
(a) It's blurry.
(b) His face is turned.
(c) It's too dark.
(d) His face is covered by a hat.
5. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
2. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
3. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
4. At what point do the gunmen put Holly and Reacher into the white van?
5. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holly begin to wonder about Reacher's history in Chapter 13?
2. What happens when Mac follows the lead to the dry cleaners?
3. What happens when Loder fires a shotgun in Chapter 17?
4. What happens when Mac investigates the airport?
5. In Chapter 15, what questions does Reacher ask Holly?
6. What do Mac and Webster learn when they find the body of the kidnapper?
7. What does Holly learn about Reacher by asking about his childhood?
8. How do the kidnappers secure Holly and Reacher at night in Chapter 17?
9. How does Chapter 7 end?
10. In Chapter 17, what confuses Reacher about the kidnappers taking Holly?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)