|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
(a) He doesn't understand why he retired early.
(b) He doesn't understand how he fits in with the kidnapping.
(c) He doesn't understand how he knows Holly.
(d) He doesn't believe the source that told him about Reacher.
2. What happens during Loder's trial?
(a) The judge doesn't let him in the room.
(b) He isn't allowed to state a defense.
(c) The jury ignores him.
(d) His lawyer walks out on him.
3. What does Fowler tell Reacher his group has taken over the day-to-day operations of?
(a) A factory.
(b) A mine.
(c) A bank.
(d) A farm.
4. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
(a) So he can protect Holly from him.
(b) So he can shoot him.
(c) So he can hide from him.
(d) So he can make small talk.
5. Where does Reacher believe the camp has a mole working?
(a) New York.
6. What group does Reacher tell his punishment guard he belongs to?
(a) Field Patrol.
(b) World Army.
(c) US Marines.
(d) British Navy.
7. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
8. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
(a) Because he thinks it leads to the outside world.
(b) Because Beau is standing guard.
(c) Because he is curious.
(d) Because he is locked in.
9. While Reacher is hiding in the woods from the men looking for him, what is he worried about?
(a) More missiles.
(b) Another helicoper crash.
10. What punishment is given to Loder after his trial?
(b) A prison sentence.
(c) Severe fines.
(d) Community service.
11. While Reacher is hiding in the cave, when does Beau say the plan will be put in motion?
(a) In the morning.
(b) After dinner.
(c) Before lunch.
(d) That night.
12. Where does Reacher hide when Beau and Fowler approach him in the cave?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) Among dead bodies.
(c) In a box of explosives.
(d) Under a truck.
13. How is Reacher able to kill Fowler and other guards?
(a) He is stronger than they are.
(b) He shoots them from a distance.
(c) He makes them feel like they are friends.
(d) He sneaks up on them from behind.
14. What punishment is Reacher given for killing the kidnapper?
(a) He must guard Holly.
(b) He must bury an FBI agent.
(c) He has to kill members of the group.
(d) He has to dig a mass grave.
15. How does Reacher find a turn in the tunnel when he thinks he is stuck at the end of it?
(a) He hears voices.
(b) He sees sunlight.
(c) Rats crawl ahead of him.
(d) Water pours through the tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Holly that the group plans to execute Reacher?
2. In Chapter 26, who does Johnson's aide suggest the agents contact to find out more about Reacher?
3. Where do Mac and his team travel after leaving the desert?
4. Who does Beau order to kill Reacher in Chapter 37?
5. Who gives Reacher a tour of the camp?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)