|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Reacher is trying to find Holly in Chapter 41, what does he avoid doing?
(a) Calling out her name.
(b) Hiding in the woods.
(c) Firing his gun.
(d) Using a flashlight.
2. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
(a) Because he is curious.
(b) Because he is locked in.
(c) Because he thinks it leads to the outside world.
(d) Because Beau is standing guard.
3. Where does Reacher believe the camp has a mole working?
(d) New York.
4. How does Webster learn that Reacher is a "good guy"?
(a) By watching a video of him.
(b) By listening to Holly.
(c) By following his instinct.
(d) By talking to Reacher.
5. Who does Beau capture in Chapter 40?
6. When Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition, how far away is the target Beau first hits?
(a) 900 yards.
(b) 800 yards.
(c) 1000 yards.
(d) 700 yards.
7. According to Beau, who is behind the failure of the middle class?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The President.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The Federal Reserve.
8. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
(a) There is a large puddle he can't cross.
(b) He is wedged tightly in.
(c) A secret door traps him.
(d) The roof of the tunnel caves in.
9. While Reacher is hiding in the cave, when does Beau say the plan will be put in motion?
(a) That night.
(b) Before lunch.
(c) After dinner.
(d) In the morning.
10. What does Fowler tell Reacher his group has taken over the day-to-day operations of?
(a) A bank.
(b) A mine.
(c) A farm.
(d) A factory.
11. After leaving the courthouse, what is happening in the clearing Holly visits?
(a) Reacher is arguing with Beau.
(b) Beau is making plans with other people.
(c) Reacher is beating up a solider.
(d) Beau is about to execute Reacher.
12. How much money does Fowler tell Reacher their group has access to?
(a) Over 1 million dollars.
(b) Over 5 million dollars.
(c) Over 20 million dollars.
(d) Over 10 million dollars.
13. When do Webster and Mac decide to sleep in the command post in Chapter 37?
(a) At four.
(b) At two.
(c) At three.
(d) At five.
14. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
(b) His punishment guard.
(c) The cook.
15. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
(a) He doesn't understand how he knows Holly.
(b) He doesn't believe the source that told him about Reacher.
(c) He doesn't understand why he retired early.
(d) He doesn't understand how he fits in with the kidnapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Loder's trial?
2. What time does Reacher tell his punishment guard he wants to leave the hut?
3. Why are Johnson and Webster unable to take a military vehicle into the town neighboring the camp?
4. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
5. How does Reacher find a turn in the tunnel when he thinks he is stuck at the end of it?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)