|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher find in the second cave he discovers?
(a) Army trucks.
2. How much money does Fowler tell Reacher their group has access to?
(a) Over 10 million dollars.
(b) Over 1 million dollars.
(c) Over 20 million dollars.
(d) Over 5 million dollars.
3. While Reacher is hiding in the woods from the men looking for him, what is he worried about?
(a) More missiles.
(c) Another helicoper crash.
4. In Chapter 26, who does Johnson's aide suggest the agents contact to find out more about Reacher?
(a) His professors.
(b) His old commander.
(c) His old neighbors.
(d) His mother.
5. What reason does Johnson's aide give for why so many bases are closing?
(a) The bases were corrupt.
(b) The military is opening bases overseas.
(c) The government doesn't have money to keep them open.
(d) They aren't needed after the Cold War.
6. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
(a) He doesn't believe the source that told him about Reacher.
(b) He doesn't understand why he retired early.
(c) He doesn't understand how he fits in with the kidnapping.
(d) He doesn't understand how he knows Holly.
7. What punishment is given to Loder after his trial?
(b) A prison sentence.
(c) Community service.
(d) Severe fines.
8. What does Reacher find in the first cave he discovers?
(a) A supply of explosives.
(b) A mass grave.
(c) Beau's motor pool.
9. Why does the group have plans to kill Reacher?
(a) For getting in the way of Holly's kidnapping.
(b) For being disobedient.
(c) For working for the military.
(d) For killing Bell.
10. Who gives Reacher a tour of the camp?
(c) A woman he doesn't know.
11. What happens during Loder's trial?
(a) The judge doesn't let him in the room.
(b) He isn't allowed to state a defense.
(c) His lawyer walks out on him.
(d) The jury ignores him.
12. What does Reacher do when he shoots at the target 1000 yards away?
(a) Shoots the letter "B".
(b) Shoots the shape of a cross.
(c) Misses entirely.
(d) Hits with only half his bullets.
13. Why does Mac send a photograph of Reacher to the Pentagon?
(a) To try to identify him.
(b) To put it on file.
(c) To warn them.
(d) It was an accident; Mac meant to send it elsewhere.
14. What does a sheriff say Beau Borken's father did for a living?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was a cobbler.
(c) He wass a police officer.
(d) He was a farmer.
15. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
(a) Because he is locked in.
(b) Because Beau is standing guard.
(c) Because he thinks it leads to the outside world.
(d) Because he is curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beau capture in Chapter 40?
2. While Reacher is trying to find Holly in Chapter 41, what does he avoid doing?
3. How many suspects can Holly think of who may be the mole in the Chicago office?
4. Who brings General Garber to the camp?
5. Where does Webster go after being told to ignore Holly's case twice by the President?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)