|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beau say Mac has to die?
(a) For stealing.
(b) For being part of the government.
(c) For lying.
(d) For sneaking.
2. Why does Holly remove the bolts from her bed frame?
(a) To break her bed.
(b) To try to find hidden cameras.
(c) To try to sell.
(d) To use as a weapon.
3. How does Beau know that Reacher saves Mac?
(a) He sees Mac run away.
(b) Webster tells him.
(c) He hears the gun shots.
(d) He was in disguise at the execution site.
4. What does Reacher find in the second cave he discovers?
(b) Army trucks.
5. What does Reacher find in the first cave he discovers?
(a) Beau's motor pool.
(b) A mass grave.
(c) A supply of explosives.
6. How is Reacher able to kill Fowler and other guards?
(a) He sneaks up on them from behind.
(b) He makes them feel like they are friends.
(c) He shoots them from a distance.
(d) He is stronger than they are.
7. When Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition, how far away is the target Beau first hits?
(a) 900 yards.
(b) 1000 yards.
(c) 800 yards.
(d) 700 yards.
8. How does Reacher find a turn in the tunnel when he thinks he is stuck at the end of it?
(a) He sees sunlight.
(b) Water pours through the tunnel.
(c) Rats crawl ahead of him.
(d) He hears voices.
9. Who brings General Garber to the camp?
10. Why does Mac send a photograph of Reacher to the Pentagon?
(a) It was an accident; Mac meant to send it elsewhere.
(b) To warn them.
(c) To try to identify him.
(d) To put it on file.
11. What do Mac and Webster feel they need to control coming in and out of Beau's camp as their first line of defense?
(d) Raw materials.
12. In Chapter 43, why does Garber kill a guard?
(a) To get closer to Holly.
(b) To get even with him.
(c) To protect Beau.
(d) To set up a watch point.
13. Why does Reacher's punishment guard let him leave the hut at ten o'clock?
(a) Reacher convinces him with a story.
(b) Reacher pleads with him.
(c) Reacher beats him up.
(d) Reacher sneaks out when he isn't looking.
14. What punishment is Reacher given for killing the kidnapper?
(a) He has to dig a mass grave.
(b) He has to kill members of the group.
(c) He must guard Holly.
(d) He must bury an FBI agent.
15. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
(a) Because he thinks it leads to the outside world.
(b) Because he is locked in.
(c) Because he is curious.
(d) Because Beau is standing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beau order back to their looking point to watch Mac die?
2. How does Webster learn that Reacher is a "good guy"?
3. What time does Reacher tell his punishment guard he wants to leave the hut?
4. What does Fowler tell Reacher his group has taken over the day-to-day operations of?
5. Where does the Helicopter land after being hit by a missile?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)