|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beau, who is behind the failure of the middle class?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Federal Reserve.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The President.
2. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
(a) So he can hide from him.
(b) So he can make small talk.
(c) So he can protect Holly from him.
(d) So he can shoot him.
3. When does the woman in the kitchen of the camp ask Reacher to come see her later in the night?
(a) When Reacher is forced to help her.
(b) When Reacher brings food to Holly.
(c) When Reacher asks for a meal.
(d) When Reacher sees her near the shooting range.
4. How many people do the FBI figure disappeared around the time of Beau Borken's father's death?
5. In Chapter 37, why does the military decide to send a helicopter over Beau's camp?
(a) To pick up Johnson.
(b) To try to rescue Holly.
(c) To scare Beau into giving up.
(d) To look for a missile convoy.
6. Where does Reacher go after killing Fowler?
(a) To the rations center.
(b) Back to the punishment tent.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) To Holly's room.
7. Who kills Brogan?
8. How long does Reacher say Loder and the other kidnappers were in Chicago before taking Holly?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
9. What happens during Loder's trial?
(a) His lawyer walks out on him.
(b) The judge doesn't let him in the room.
(c) The jury ignores him.
(d) He isn't allowed to state a defense.
10. How many suspects can Holly think of who may be the mole in the Chicago office?
11. What reason does Johnson's aide give for why so many bases are closing?
(a) The bases were corrupt.
(b) The government doesn't have money to keep them open.
(c) The military is opening bases overseas.
(d) They aren't needed after the Cold War.
12. Where does Reacher hide when Beau and Fowler approach him in the cave?
(a) In a box of explosives.
(b) Behind a rock.
(c) Among dead bodies.
(d) Under a truck.
13. What time does Reacher tell his punishment guard he wants to leave the hut?
(a) 11 o'clock.
(b) 10 o'clock.
(c) 9 o'clock.
14. Where does Reacher believe the camp has a mole working?
(a) New York.
15. Where does Webster go after being told to ignore Holly's case twice by the President?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
2. When Beau challenges Reacher to a shooting competition, how far away is the target Beau first hits?
3. When do Webster and Mac decide to sleep in the command post in Chapter 37?
4. How does Beau declare his camp's independence from the United States?
5. What does Beau do when he tells Reacher his mission is canceled?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)