|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mac and Webster feel they need to control coming in and out of Beau's camp as their first line of defense?
(d) Raw materials.
2. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
3. What does a sheriff say Beau Borken's father did for a living?
(a) He was a cobbler.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He wass a police officer.
(d) He was a politician.
4. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
(a) Because he is curious.
(b) Because Beau is standing guard.
(c) Because he is locked in.
(d) Because he thinks it leads to the outside world.
5. What does Reacher do when he shoots at the target 1000 yards away?
(a) Hits with only half his bullets.
(b) Shoots the shape of a cross.
(c) Shoots the letter "B".
(d) Misses entirely.
6. What does Fowler tell Reacher his group has taken over the day-to-day operations of?
(a) A bank.
(b) A mine.
(c) A factory.
(d) A farm.
7. In Chapter 26, who does Johnson's aide suggest the agents contact to find out more about Reacher?
(a) His old commander.
(b) His old neighbors.
(c) His mother.
(d) His professors.
8. Where does Webster go after being told to ignore Holly's case twice by the President?
(c) New York City.
9. Why does Beau say he decided not to kill Reacher?
(a) Because of Holly's influence.
(b) Because of Johnson's pleading.
(c) Because of Reacher's personal connections.
(d) Because of Reacher's shooting skills.
10. Who tells Holly that the group plans to execute Reacher?
(c) The undercover agent.
(d) The woman who delivers lunch.
11. Why are Johnson and Webster unable to take a military vehicle into the town neighboring the camp?
(a) They can't pass the ravine.
(b) Their vehicle is filled with explosives.
(c) Someone stole their vehicle.
(d) They are taken hostage.
12. What does Webster request after ordering Beau's phone lines to be cut?
(a) For the lines to be linked to the President's office.
(b) For them to be left cut.
(c) For the lines to re-routed to a command post.
(d) For them to always sound busy.
13. In Chapter 43, why does Garber kill a guard?
(a) To get even with him.
(b) To get closer to Holly.
(c) To protect Beau.
(d) To set up a watch point.
14. How does Reacher find a turn in the tunnel when he thinks he is stuck at the end of it?
(a) He sees sunlight.
(b) He hears voices.
(c) Water pours through the tunnel.
(d) Rats crawl ahead of him.
15. How many people do the FBI figure disappeared around the time of Beau Borken's father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher inspect the shooting range at the camp?
2. How does Reacher save Mac from being killed?
3. What punishment is Reacher given for killing the kidnapper?
4. What time does Reacher tell his punishment guard he wants to leave the hut?
5. How much money does Fowler tell Reacher their group has access to?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)