|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do three guards take Mac to tie him down?
(a) In front of the punishment hut.
(b) In front of the old city hall building.
(c) In the clearing.
(d) Next to the shooting range.
2. In Chapter 43, why does Garber kill a guard?
(a) To set up a watch point.
(b) To protect Beau.
(c) To get closer to Holly.
(d) To get even with him.
3. In Chapter 37, why does the military decide to send a helicopter over Beau's camp?
(a) To scare Beau into giving up.
(b) To pick up Johnson.
(c) To try to rescue Holly.
(d) To look for a missile convoy.
4. Who brings General Garber to the camp?
5. How does Reacher save Mac from being killed?
(a) He shoots the guards.
(b) He distracts them.
(c) He uses Holly as bait.
(d) He has someone set off an alarm.
6. How is Reacher able to kill Fowler and other guards?
(a) He makes them feel like they are friends.
(b) He shoots them from a distance.
(c) He is stronger than they are.
(d) He sneaks up on them from behind.
7. Where does Holly go when she leaves the courthouse?
(a) Down a narrow alley.
(b) To where they have been keeping Reacher.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) Back to the room within a room.
8. Where does Reacher go after killing Fowler?
(a) To the rations center.
(b) Back to the punishment tent.
(c) To Holly's room.
(d) Into the woods.
9. Why is Mac worried about his undercover agent, Jackson?
(a) Jackson's reports don't make sense.
(b) He has not heard from him in awhile.
(c) Jackson threatens to quit.
(d) Jackson's reports are too neutral.
10. After leaving the courthouse, what is happening in the clearing Holly visits?
(a) Reacher is arguing with Beau.
(b) Beau is about to execute Reacher.
(c) Reacher is beating up a solider.
(d) Beau is making plans with other people.
11. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
(a) So he can shoot him.
(b) So he can hide from him.
(c) So he can make small talk.
(d) So he can protect Holly from him.
12. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
(a) He doesn't understand how he knows Holly.
(b) He doesn't understand why he retired early.
(c) He doesn't understand how he fits in with the kidnapping.
(d) He doesn't believe the source that told him about Reacher.
13. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
(a) The roof of the tunnel caves in.
(b) A secret door traps him.
(c) He is wedged tightly in.
(d) There is a large puddle he can't cross.
14. Why does Garber follow Mac when he is taken in Chapter 41?
(a) To pretend to be on Beau's side.
(b) Because he doesn't know where else to go.
(c) Because Mac asked him to.
(d) To try to protect him.
15. Who gives Reacher a tour of the camp?
(b) A woman he doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Webster request after ordering Beau's phone lines to be cut?
2. Where does Reacher believe the camp has a mole working?
3. When does the woman in the kitchen of the camp ask Reacher to come see her later in the night?
4. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
5. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)