|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Reacher is hiding in the cave, when does Beau say the plan will be put in motion?
(a) That night.
(b) After dinner.
(c) Before lunch.
(d) In the morning.
2. What group does Reacher tell his punishment guard he belongs to?
(a) World Army.
(b) US Marines.
(c) British Navy.
(d) Field Patrol.
3. How does Beau know that Reacher saves Mac?
(a) He hears the gun shots.
(b) He was in disguise at the execution site.
(c) He sees Mac run away.
(d) Webster tells him.
4. How many suspects can Holly think of who may be the mole in the Chicago office?
5. In Chapter 41, who sees Mac being taken by Beau's group?
6. How does Reacher find a turn in the tunnel when he thinks he is stuck at the end of it?
(a) Water pours through the tunnel.
(b) He hears voices.
(c) He sees sunlight.
(d) Rats crawl ahead of him.
7. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
(a) He doesn't believe the source that told him about Reacher.
(b) He doesn't understand why he retired early.
(c) He doesn't understand how he fits in with the kidnapping.
(d) He doesn't understand how he knows Holly.
8. Who does Beau capture in Chapter 40?
9. Who brings General Garber to the camp?
10. Why does Garber follow Mac when he is taken in Chapter 41?
(a) Because Mac asked him to.
(b) Because he doesn't know where else to go.
(c) To try to protect him.
(d) To pretend to be on Beau's side.
11. Why does Reacher's punishment guard let him leave the hut at ten o'clock?
(a) Reacher convinces him with a story.
(b) Reacher pleads with him.
(c) Reacher beats him up.
(d) Reacher sneaks out when he isn't looking.
12. Who tells Holly that the group plans to execute Reacher?
(b) The woman who delivers lunch.
(c) The undercover agent.
13. Why does Reacher begin to crawl through the tunnel in the back of the cave?
(a) Because he is curious.
(b) Because Beau is standing guard.
(c) Because he is locked in.
(d) Because he thinks it leads to the outside world.
14. Who kills Brogan?
15. How much money does Fowler tell Reacher their group has access to?
(a) Over 20 million dollars.
(b) Over 5 million dollars.
(c) Over 1 million dollars.
(d) Over 10 million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mac and Webster feel they need to control coming in and out of Beau's camp as their first line of defense?
2. What does Holly threaten to do if Beau and his kidnappers won't let Reacher go?
3. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
4. How is Reacher able to kill Fowler and other guards?
5. How many people do the FBI figure disappeared around the time of Beau Borken's father's death?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)