|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does learning about Reacher's military service confuse Webster?
(a) He doesn't understand why he retired early.
(b) He doesn't understand how he fits in with the kidnapping.
(c) He doesn't understand how he knows Holly.
(d) He doesn't believe the source that told him about Reacher.
2. What group does Reacher tell his punishment guard he belongs to?
(a) US Marines.
(b) British Navy.
(c) Field Patrol.
(d) World Army.
3. Who brings General Garber to the camp?
4. Why does Holly remove the bolts from her bed frame?
(a) To try to sell.
(b) To try to find hidden cameras.
(c) To use as a weapon.
(d) To break her bed.
5. Who tells Reacher that Beau took over several smaller groups living at the camp?
(b) His punishment guard.
(d) The cook.
6. What punishment is given to Loder after his trial?
(a) Community service.
(b) A prison sentence.
(d) Severe fines.
7. Why does Reacher ask Mac about Brogen's height?
(a) So he can shoot him.
(b) So he can make small talk.
(c) So he can hide from him.
(d) So he can protect Holly from him.
8. After leaving the courthouse, what is happening in the clearing Holly visits?
(a) Beau is making plans with other people.
(b) Beau is about to execute Reacher.
(c) Reacher is arguing with Beau.
(d) Reacher is beating up a solider.
9. How many suspects can Holly think of who may be the mole in the Chicago office?
10. What does Holly threaten to do if Beau and his kidnappers won't let Reacher go?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Tell her father.
(d) Burn their camp.
11. What does a sheriff say Beau Borken's father did for a living?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a cobbler.
(d) He wass a police officer.
12. Where does the Helicopter land after being hit by a missile?
(a) On the shooting range.
(b) Near the courthouse.
(c) In a river.
(d) Close to the command center.
13. Why does Reacher inspect the shooting range at the camp?
(a) To practice his own shooting.
(b) To assess the group's shooting skills.
(c) To see what guns they have.
(d) To see what is hidden behind it.
14. Who tells Holly that the group plans to execute Reacher?
(a) The woman who delivers lunch.
(d) The undercover agent.
15. How does Reacher find a turn in the tunnel when he thinks he is stuck at the end of it?
(a) Water pours through the tunnel.
(b) He sees sunlight.
(c) He hears voices.
(d) Rats crawl ahead of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher believe the camp has a mole working?
2. What happens during Loder's trial?
3. When do Webster and Mac decide to sleep in the command post in Chapter 37?
4. Why does Reacher become stuck in the tunnel at the back of the cave?
5. What do Mac and Webster feel they need to control coming in and out of Beau's camp as their first line of defense?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)