|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
(a) A note.
(b) A burned truck.
(c) A broken gun.
(d) A set of handcuffs.
2. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Handcuffs him to the stall.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Suffocates him.
(d) Hits him with a wood board.
3. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
(a) Because they killed a kidnapper who tried to attack her.
(b) Because they bought her a new crutch.
(c) Because she is still alive.
(d) Because they wrote him a note saying that.
4. Why doesn't Reacher escape after taking off his handcuffs?
(a) It is too dark for Reacher to see.
(b) Someone is guarding the exit.
(c) His foot is hurt.
(d) Holly can't escape with him.
5. After having the kidnappers pull over, what direction does Reacher think they are headed?
6. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
(a) Shedd's Aquarium.
(b) Wrigley Field.
(c) Meigs Field.
(d) Lincoln Park Zoo.
7. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
(a) Because of the dismembered carpenter.
(b) Because of a prank.
(c) Because of an old crime scene.
(d) Because he cut himself.
8. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
(a) So he can try to read the license plate number.
(b) So Holly can try to escape.
(c) So he can use a bathroom.
(d) So he can talk to them.
9. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he wants out of the van.
(b) Because he is skilled in escaping.
(c) Because someone needs to contact the police.
(d) Because Holly asked him.
10. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was burned with the car.
(b) She was put on a plane.
(c) She was handed over to someone else.
(d) She was locked in a factory.
11. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
(a) Using a van.
(b) Using cell phones.
(c) Taking pictures of themselves.
(d) Burning the car.
12. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because she is afraid of him.
(b) Because she is in love with someone else.
(c) Because she needs privacy.
(d) Because the bed isn't big enough.
13. Why does Reacher travel around the United States?
(a) To find work.
(b) To interview military workers.
(c) To write a book.
(d) To get to know the country.
14. Who tells Holly's father she is missing?
(c) Holly herself.
15. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
(a) Make sure no light can get in.
(b) Make sure no noise can get out.
(c) Make sure no one can get in.
(d) Make sure no one can escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man go to make a phone call about the room within a room?
2. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
3. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
4. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
5. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)