|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holly Johnson work for the FBI?
(c) New York City.
2. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because the bed isn't big enough.
(b) Because she needs privacy.
(c) Because she is in love with someone else.
(d) Because she is afraid of him.
3. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
(a) He can fit his hand out of the cuff.
(b) He uses a knife and fork.
(c) He hits the handcuffs with a rock.
(d) He pulls the metal ring out of the wood.
4. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because he insults them.
(b) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(c) Because he tries to escape.
(d) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
5. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
(a) Cut off his arms.
(b) Cut off his legs.
(c) Leave him in the room.
(d) Steal his van and tools.
6. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Over a year.
(d) A few weeks.
7. At what point do the gunmen put Holly and Reacher into the white van?
(a) Somewhere where it is cold.
(b) Near a park.
(c) Inside a warehouse.
(d) A few blocks from where they grabbed them.
8. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As a new country.
(b) As the best thing to happen to the country.
(c) As Plan B.
(d) As their worst nightmare.
9. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
(a) Falling during an arrest.
(d) She was attacked.
10. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To volunteer.
(b) To have surgery.
(c) To have X-rays.
(d) To be treated.
11. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
(a) Holly's purse.
(b) Holly's bill.
(c) Security video footage.
(d) Holly's dry cleaning.
12. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
(a) Because he needs his clothes cleaned.
(b) Because Holly went to a dry cleaner.
(c) Because a dry clearner sent him a tip.
(d) Because Holly used to work at a dry cleaner.
13. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Eats it all.
(b) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
(c) Refuses to eat it.
(d) Shares it with Reacher.
14. What does Reacher tell Holly to do with her breakfast before they leave the barn for the van?
(a) Eat it.
(b) Give it to him.
(c) Send it back.
(d) Throw it.
15. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
Short Answer Questions
1. After having the kidnappers pull over, what direction does Reacher think they are headed?
2. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
3. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
4. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
5. What does the FBI find inside the electrician's stolen van?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)