|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
(a) She says muder is a worse crime than kidnapping.
(b) She says she won't cooperate.
(c) She says she'll kill herself too.
(d) She says it is a waste of time.
2. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
(a) They don't believe him.
(b) They thank him.
(c) They take notes.
(d) They slap him.
3. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
(a) Mac assumes Reacher is a drug addict.
(b) Mac assumes Reacher is a terrorist.
(c) Mac assumes Reacher is a hero.
(d) Mac assumes Reacher is a career criminal.
4. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
(a) Because Brogan suggests it.
(b) Because of an anonymous tip.
(c) Because he has been watching the white van.
(d) Because he saw footage of Reacher grabbing Holly.
5. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
6. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
(a) Holly's dry cleaning.
(b) Security video footage.
(c) Holly's purse.
(d) Holly's bill.
7. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
8. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
(a) Because his phone bill hasn't been paid.
(b) Because they are being monitored.
(c) Because they need to run away.
(d) Because he has work to do.
9. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
(a) They rented a truck.
(b) They used it to get a cash advance.
(c) They sold it to someone.
(d) They bought plane tickets.
10. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Suffocates him.
(b) Handcuffs him to the stall.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Hits him with a wood board.
11. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because she is afraid of him.
(b) Because she needs privacy.
(c) Because she is in love with someone else.
(d) Because the bed isn't big enough.
12. Where does the man go to make a phone call about the room within a room?
(a) In the woods.
(b) To an office building.
(c) In a van.
(d) Behind the building.
13. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he wants out of the van.
(b) Because he is skilled in escaping.
(c) Because Holly asked him.
(d) Because someone needs to contact the police.
14. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
(a) She is worried she will owe him something.
(b) She wants him to escape next time.
(c) She fears he may hurt her.
(d) She thinks he is very kind.
15. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
(a) That it will become public.
(b) That he will be fired for lying to his agents.
(c) That he will fail to find her.
(d) That her father will blackmail him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
2. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
3. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
4. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
5. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)