|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
2. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
(a) Being regular in her habits.
(b) Being obvious in her plans.
(c) Being stupid in her life.
(d) Being loud as she walked.
3. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
(a) Because of the dismembered carpenter.
(b) Because of an old crime scene.
(c) Because of a prank.
(d) Because he cut himself.
4. How does Holly feel about her relationship with her father?
(a) She says it is difficult to live up to his reputation.
(b) She says she is closer to her mother.
(c) She says his expectations are too low for her.
(d) She says it is nothing but kindness.
5. In Chapter 13, why does Reacher believe the police will find them?
(a) Because he just has a feeling.
(b) Because Holly works for the FBI.
(c) Because he contacted them the night before.
(d) Because the kidnappers have been careless.
6. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
(a) He falls down himself.
(b) The kidnappers won't let him.
(c) She won't let him.
(d) A kidnapper carries her out.
7. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) The side of a pig trough.
(b) Each other.
(c) Metal rings in a horse stall.
(d) Locks on a barn door.
8. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
(a) Because they wrote him a note saying that.
(b) Because she is still alive.
(c) Because they killed a kidnapper who tried to attack her.
(d) Because they bought her a new crutch.
9. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
(a) She reads a book.
(b) She braids her hair.
(c) She takes a shower.
(d) She tries to find a way out.
10. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
(a) A message.
(b) Hidden cameras.
(c) A window.
(d) A weapon.
11. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As Plan B.
(b) As a new country.
(c) As the best thing to happen to the country.
(d) As their worst nightmare.
12. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
(a) He will be put in jail.
(b) He will be whipped.
(c) He will have a trial.
(d) He will be shot.
13. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) A mile away from the barn.
(b) He buries him in a horse stall.
(c) In the bottom of a well.
(d) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
14. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
(a) Make sure no noise can get out.
(b) Make sure no one can escape.
(c) Make sure no light can get in.
(d) Make sure no one can get in.
15. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) He throws it at the kidnapper.
(b) He eats it all.
(c) He tries to share with Holly.
(d) He doesn't get a dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
2. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
3. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
4. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
5. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)