|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
(a) He can enlarge his face.
(b) He can get full color photos.
(c) He can run it through face recognition software.
(d) He can blur it out.
2. Why does Reacher repair the ring he broke in his horse stall?
(a) Because he feels bad about breaking it.
(b) The kidnappers forced him to.
(c) Holly asked him to.
(d) So the kidnappers don't know he broke it.
3. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
(a) He will be whipped.
(b) He will have a trial.
(c) He will be put in jail.
(d) He will be shot.
4. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
(a) Behind a van.
(b) Into an office.
(c) Into a car.
(d) Down an alley.
5. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
(a) She tries to fight him off.
(b) She twists her arm trying to get away.
(c) She yells for Reacher to help her.
(d) She starts to cry.
6. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
(a) He would pay a ransom.
(b) He would have to take an oath of silence.
(c) He would be replaced.
(d) He would run away.
7. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(b) Because he tries to escape.
(c) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(d) Because he insults them.
8. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A woman.
(d) The owner.
9. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
(b) Over a dozen.
(c) Only one.
(d) About ten.
10. How does Reacher meet Holly?
(a) He asks for directions.
(b) She helps him.
(c) She asks for directions
(d) He helps her.
11. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
12. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
(c) New Mexico.
13. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
(a) He has Holly do it for him.
(b) With a stick.
(c) With the key.
(d) With a fork.
14. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As Plan B.
(b) As the best thing to happen to the country.
(c) As their worst nightmare.
(d) As a new country.
15. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
(a) Leave him in the room.
(b) Steal his van and tools.
(c) Cut off his legs.
(d) Cut off his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
2. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
3. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
4. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
5. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)