|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
(a) He would run away.
(b) He would have to take an oath of silence.
(c) He would pay a ransom.
(d) He would be replaced.
2. At what point do the gunmen put Holly and Reacher into the white van?
(a) Near a park.
(b) Somewhere where it is cold.
(c) Inside a warehouse.
(d) A few blocks from where they grabbed them.
3. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
(a) To see if he wants to take on a new case.
(b) To get a press release.
(c) To discuss Holly's case.
(d) To ask about Mac's work.
4. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
(a) No one else.
5. What does Holly ask when she and Reacher are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) She asks when this will be over.
(b) She asks where she is.
(c) She asks to go back in the van.
(d) She asks what is wrong with them.
6. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
(a) He has to get rid of the kidnapper's body.
(b) The kidnappers are keeping guard.
(c) He can't carry Holly that far.
(d) He needs a car.
7. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is skilled in escaping.
(b) Because someone needs to contact the police.
(c) Because Holly asked him.
(d) Because he wants out of the van.
8. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She tries to fight him off.
(c) She yells for Reacher to help her.
(d) She twists her arm trying to get away.
9. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
(a) Because they wrote him a note saying that.
(b) Because they killed a kidnapper who tried to attack her.
(c) Because they bought her a new crutch.
(d) Because she is still alive.
10. What does the FBI find inside the electrician's stolen van?
(c) The kidnappers.
11. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To have surgery.
(b) To volunteer.
(c) To be treated.
(d) To have X-rays.
12. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
(a) They take notes.
(b) They slap him.
(c) They thank him.
(d) They don't believe him.
13. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) He buries him in a horse stall.
(b) In the bottom of a well.
(c) A mile away from the barn.
(d) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
14. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
(a) They both play sports.
(b) They went to the same college.
(c) They were both army brats.
(d) They are both only children.
15. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Late at night.
(c) An hour after dinner.
(d) Right after dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
2. Where does Holly Johnson work for the FBI?
3. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
4. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
5. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)