|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
2. How does Holly respond when Reacher asks her why the kidnappers would want her?
(a) She says she wronged people in the past.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She says she is worth money.
(d) She says she isn't sure.
3. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
(a) Behind a van.
(b) Into an office.
(c) Into a car.
(d) Down an alley.
4. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
(a) Holly's dry cleaning.
(b) Holly's purse.
(c) Holly's bill.
(d) Security video footage.
5. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
(a) To ask about Mac's work.
(b) To get a press release.
(c) To discuss Holly's case.
(d) To see if he wants to take on a new case.
6. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because he insults them.
(b) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(c) Because he tries to escape.
(d) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
7. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was locked in a factory.
(b) She was put on a plane.
(c) She was burned with the car.
(d) She was handed over to someone else.
8. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
(a) It's license plate.
(b) It's tire tracks.
(c) Witnesses who saw the car burn.
(d) It's location.
9. Why do the mysterious people make a room within a room?
(a) To hide people inside.
(b) To make money.
(c) To set up hidden cameras.
(d) To pack it with material.
10. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He doesn't notice.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is humored.
11. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
(a) Mac assumes Reacher is a hero.
(b) Mac assumes Reacher is a career criminal.
(c) Mac assumes Reacher is a terrorist.
(d) Mac assumes Reacher is a drug addict.
12. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
(a) A message.
(b) A window.
(c) Hidden cameras.
(d) A weapon.
13. In Chapter 16, who does the undercover agent call?
(a) His boss.
(b) His wife.
(d) His children.
14. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
(c) A woman.
(d) The owner.
15. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
2. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
3. In Chapter 14, who does the commander have clean up blood?
4. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
5. Where does the man go to make a phone call about the room within a room?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)