|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does the undercover agent call?
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His boss.
2. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was burned with the car.
(b) She was handed over to someone else.
(c) She was put on a plane.
(d) She was locked in a factory.
3. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
4. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(a) Beau Borken.
(c) A masked man.
5. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A woman.
(b) The owner.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
6. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(b) Because he tries to escape.
(c) Because he insults them.
(d) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
7. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
(a) To test their hidden cameras.
(b) Because Holly asked them.
(c) Because Reacher threatened them.
(d) To test a listening device.
8. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
(a) Security video footage.
(b) Holly's bill.
(c) Holly's dry cleaning.
(d) Holly's purse.
9. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
(a) It's blurry.
(b) It's too dark.
(c) His face is covered by a hat.
(d) His face is turned.
10. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To volunteer.
(b) To have X-rays.
(c) To have surgery.
(d) To be treated.
11. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
(a) New Mexico.
12. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
(a) That he will fail to find her.
(b) That he will be fired for lying to his agents.
(c) That her father will blackmail him.
(d) That it will become public.
13. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
(a) Drills a hole in the barn wall.
(b) Breaks Holly's handcuffs.
(c) Starts a fire.
(d) Goes to sleep.
14. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
(a) She says he is probably right.
(b) She says he doesn't know her yet.
(c) She says nothing.
(d) She says he is wrong.
15. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
(a) Because she is still alive.
(b) Because they bought her a new crutch.
(c) Because they wrote him a note saying that.
(d) Because they killed a kidnapper who tried to attack her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
2. Where does the man go to make a phone call about the room within a room?
3. Why is Brogan excited to find that an electrician had his van stolen?
4. How does Reacher meet Holly?
5. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)