|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
(a) Being loud as she walked.
(b) Being obvious in her plans.
(c) Being regular in her habits.
(d) Being stupid in her life.
2. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
3. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As their worst nightmare.
(b) As Plan B.
(c) As a new country.
(d) As the best thing to happen to the country.
4. What does Holly ask when she and Reacher are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) She asks to go back in the van.
(b) She asks where she is.
(c) She asks what is wrong with them.
(d) She asks when this will be over.
5. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
(a) Over a year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
6. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
(a) Because he saw footage of Reacher grabbing Holly.
(b) Because of an anonymous tip.
(c) Because Brogan suggests it.
(d) Because he has been watching the white van.
7. After leaving the barn, how does Reacher seem to feel about his situation?
8. Where does Holly Johnson work for the FBI?
(d) New York City.
9. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Eats it all.
(b) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
(c) Refuses to eat it.
(d) Shares it with Reacher.
10. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
(a) With a stick.
(b) He has Holly do it for him.
(c) With a fork.
(d) With the key.
11. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
(a) That her father will blackmail him.
(b) That he will fail to find her.
(c) That he will be fired for lying to his agents.
(d) That it will become public.
12. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) The side of a pig trough.
(b) Each other.
(c) Metal rings in a horse stall.
(d) Locks on a barn door.
13. Why doesn't Reacher escape after taking off his handcuffs?
(a) It is too dark for Reacher to see.
(b) Holly can't escape with him.
(c) His foot is hurt.
(d) Someone is guarding the exit.
14. Who goes with Mac to investigate the location where the kidnapper's body is found?
15. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
(a) He is too far away from her.
(b) He can't hear her.
(c) He can't see her.
(d) Both his hands are handcuffed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Brogan and Milosevic think they have useful clues after investigating the dentist?
2. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
3. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
4. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
5. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)