|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) He doesn't get a dinner.
(b) He tries to share with Holly.
(c) He throws it at the kidnapper.
(d) He eats it all.
2. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Suffocates him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Hits him with a wood board.
(d) Handcuffs him to the stall.
3. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
(a) He handcuffs her free hand.
(b) He steps on her back.
(c) He hits her with a bat.
(d) He hurts her knee.
4. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
(a) She won't let him.
(b) He falls down himself.
(c) The kidnappers won't let him.
(d) A kidnapper carries her out.
5. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Holly's father.
(c) An elderly woman.
6. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
(a) To block the sound.
(b) To soften the ride.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To let Holly sleep on.
7. Why does Mac take the security footage to the tech department?
(a) To enlarge the pictures.
(b) To have still photographs made.
(c) To make a copy.
(d) To fix the rip in the tape.
8. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because the bed isn't big enough.
(b) Because she is in love with someone else.
(c) Because she needs privacy.
(d) Because she is afraid of him.
9. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
(a) They sold it to someone.
(b) They rented a truck.
(c) They bought plane tickets.
(d) They used it to get a cash advance.
10. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
(a) Because he isn't skilled enough.
(b) Because he is weird.
(c) Because she doesn't know him.
(d) Because she can take care of herself.
11. In Chapter 16, who does the undercover agent call?
(a) His children.
(c) His boss.
(d) His wife.
12. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
(d) The owner.
13. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
(a) He flips the van.
(b) He shoots a gun.
(c) He jumps on top of it.
(d) He hits it with a bat.
14. In Chapter 14, who does the commander have clean up blood?
(c) The carpenter.
(d) Kidnapping victims.
15. What does Webster promise Mac in Chapter 16?
(a) More agents.
(b) More money.
(c) More resources.
(d) More security.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
2. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
3. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
4. What does the tech guy tell Mac he can do about the driver of the van?
5. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)