|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
(c) New Mexico.
2. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
(a) He falls down himself.
(b) She won't let him.
(c) A kidnapper carries her out.
(d) The kidnappers won't let him.
3. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
(a) Because she doesn't know him.
(b) Because she can take care of herself.
(c) Because he isn't skilled enough.
(d) Because he is weird.
4. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
(a) A burned truck.
(b) A note.
(c) A set of handcuffs.
(d) A broken gun.
5. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
(a) Holly's bill.
(b) Holly's dry cleaning.
(c) Security video footage.
(d) Holly's purse.
6. After having the kidnappers pull over, what direction does Reacher think they are headed?
7. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
(a) He can fit his hand out of the cuff.
(b) He uses a knife and fork.
(c) He hits the handcuffs with a rock.
(d) He pulls the metal ring out of the wood.
8. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
(a) Witnesses who saw the car burn.
(b) It's license plate.
(c) It's tire tracks.
(d) It's location.
9. What does Holly ask when she and Reacher are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) She asks where she is.
(b) She asks when this will be over.
(c) She asks what is wrong with them.
(d) She asks to go back in the van.
10. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(b) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(c) Because he insults them.
(d) Because he tries to escape.
11. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
(a) Starts a fire.
(b) Breaks Holly's handcuffs.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Drills a hole in the barn wall.
12. How does Holly respond when Reacher asks her why the kidnappers would want her?
(a) She says she is worth money.
(b) She says she wronged people in the past.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She says she isn't sure.
13. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
(a) To get a press release.
(b) To see if he wants to take on a new case.
(c) To discuss Holly's case.
(d) To ask about Mac's work.
14. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
(a) They are both only children.
(b) They were both army brats.
(c) They went to the same college.
(d) They both play sports.
15. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) Metal rings in a horse stall.
(b) The side of a pig trough.
(c) Each other.
(d) Locks on a barn door.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
2. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
3. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
4. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
5. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)