|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
(a) Down an alley.
(b) Behind a van.
(c) Into an office.
(d) Into a car.
2. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
(a) Steal his van and tools.
(b) Cut off his legs.
(c) Leave him in the room.
(d) Cut off his arms.
3. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
(a) Mac assumes Reacher is a career criminal.
(b) Mac assumes Reacher is a hero.
(c) Mac assumes Reacher is a terrorist.
(d) Mac assumes Reacher is a drug addict.
4. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
5. Why does Reacher repair the ring he broke in his horse stall?
(a) So the kidnappers don't know he broke it.
(b) Holly asked him to.
(c) The kidnappers forced him to.
(d) Because he feels bad about breaking it.
6. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To have surgery.
(b) To be treated.
(c) To volunteer.
(d) To have X-rays.
7. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
(a) He flips the van.
(b) He jumps on top of it.
(c) He hits it with a bat.
(d) He shoots a gun.
8. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
(a) Because of a prank.
(b) Because of an old crime scene.
(c) Because he cut himself.
(d) Because of the dismembered carpenter.
9. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was handed over to someone else.
(b) She was locked in a factory.
(c) She was burned with the car.
(d) She was put on a plane.
10. In Chapter 13, why does Reacher believe the police will find them?
(a) Because Holly works for the FBI.
(b) Because the kidnappers have been careless.
(c) Because he just has a feeling.
(d) Because he contacted them the night before.
11. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(b) Beau Borken.
(d) A masked man.
12. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
(b) No one else.
13. How does Holly feel about her relationship with her father?
(a) She says it is difficult to live up to his reputation.
(b) She says it is nothing but kindness.
(c) She says she is closer to her mother.
(d) She says his expectations are too low for her.
14. While in the room within a room, what does Holly search for?
(a) A window.
(b) Hidden cameras.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A message.
15. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The other kidnapper.
(c) A woman.
(d) He is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
2. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
3. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
4. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
5. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)