|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
(a) He is humored.
(b) He is concerned.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He doesn't notice.
2. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
(a) Because Reacher threatened them.
(b) To test a listening device.
(c) Because Holly asked them.
(d) To test their hidden cameras.
3. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
(a) Make sure no one can escape.
(b) Make sure no one can get in.
(c) Make sure no light can get in.
(d) Make sure no noise can get out.
4. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
(c) Falling during an arrest.
(d) She was attacked.
5. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of how he had been looking at Holly.
(b) Reacher didn't know why the kidnapper was coming to Holly's stall.
(c) Because Holly told him she was afraid of him.
(d) Because he told Reacher why.
6. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
(a) To get a press release.
(b) To ask about Mac's work.
(c) To see if he wants to take on a new case.
(d) To discuss Holly's case.
7. Where do the gunmen leave Reacher and Holly when they take them out of the van?
(a) A factory.
(b) A barn.
(c) A garage.
(d) A warehouse.
8. Who tells Holly's father she is missing?
(b) Holly herself.
9. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
(a) They thank him.
(b) They slap him.
(c) They take notes.
(d) They don't believe him.
10. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was burned with the car.
(b) She was handed over to someone else.
(c) She was put on a plane.
(d) She was locked in a factory.
11. At what point do the gunmen put Holly and Reacher into the white van?
(a) Somewhere where it is cold.
(b) A few blocks from where they grabbed them.
(c) Near a park.
(d) Inside a warehouse.
12. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) Locks on a barn door.
(b) Each other.
(c) The side of a pig trough.
(d) Metal rings in a horse stall.
13. What does Webster promise Mac in Chapter 16?
(a) More money.
(b) More agents.
(c) More security.
(d) More resources.
14. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To volunteer.
(b) To have X-rays.
(c) To have surgery.
(d) To be treated.
15. How does Holly respond when Reacher asks her why the kidnappers would want her?
(a) She says she isn't sure.
(b) She says she wronged people in the past.
(c) She says she is worth money.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
3. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
4. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
5. What does Reacher tell Holly to do with her breakfast before they leave the barn for the van?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)