|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
2. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
(a) It's license plate.
(b) Witnesses who saw the car burn.
(c) It's location.
(d) It's tire tracks.
3. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
(a) She thinks he is very kind.
(b) She wants him to escape next time.
(c) She is worried she will owe him something.
(d) She fears he may hurt her.
4. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The owner.
(c) A woman.
(d) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
5. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because he tries to escape.
(b) Because he insults them.
(c) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(d) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
6. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
(a) To let Holly sleep on.
(b) To soften the ride.
(c) To block the sound.
(d) To sit on.
7. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(b) Beau Borken.
(c) A masked man.
8. Why does Reacher travel around the United States?
(a) To find work.
(b) To get to know the country.
(c) To interview military workers.
(d) To write a book.
9. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
(a) Mac assumes Reacher is a drug addict.
(b) Mac assumes Reacher is a terrorist.
(c) Mac assumes Reacher is a hero.
(d) Mac assumes Reacher is a career criminal.
10. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
(a) No one else.
11. In Chapter 13, why does Reacher believe the police will find them?
(a) Because he contacted them the night before.
(b) Because he just has a feeling.
(c) Because Holly works for the FBI.
(d) Because the kidnappers have been careless.
12. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Shares it with Reacher.
(b) Eats it all.
(c) Refuses to eat it.
(d) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
13. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) The other kidnapper.
(b) A woman.
(c) A stranger.
(d) He is alone.
14. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) Locks on a barn door.
(b) Each other.
(c) Metal rings in a horse stall.
(d) The side of a pig trough.
15. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
(a) Because of an old crime scene.
(b) Because he cut himself.
(c) Because of a prank.
(d) Because of the dismembered carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
2. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
3. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
4. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
5. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)