|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
(a) So he can talk to them.
(b) So Holly can try to escape.
(c) So he can use a bathroom.
(d) So he can try to read the license plate number.
2. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) The other kidnapper.
(b) A woman.
(c) A stranger.
(d) He is alone.
3. Why is Brogan excited to find that an electrician had his van stolen?
(a) Because the electrician is Holly's uncle.
(b) Because he's good at finding stolen cars.
(c) Because he doesn't like the electrician.
(d) Because he thinks it was the kidnappers.
4. After leaving the barn, how does Reacher seem to feel about his situation?
5. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
(b) He buries him in a horse stall.
(c) A mile away from the barn.
(d) In the bottom of a well.
6. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
(a) About ten.
(c) Over a dozen.
(d) Only one.
7. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
(a) He can't hear her.
(b) Both his hands are handcuffed.
(c) He is too far away from her.
(d) He can't see her.
8. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
9. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
(a) He hits her with a bat.
(b) He hurts her knee.
(c) He steps on her back.
(d) He handcuffs her free hand.
10. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
(a) Mac assumes Reacher is a drug addict.
(b) Mac assumes Reacher is a career criminal.
(c) Mac assumes Reacher is a hero.
(d) Mac assumes Reacher is a terrorist.
11. Why do the kidnappers allow Reacher in the room within a room with Holly?
(a) Because Reacher threatened them.
(b) Because Holly asked them.
(c) To test a listening device.
(d) To test their hidden cameras.
12. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A woman.
(b) The owner.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
13. Why doesn't Reacher escape after taking off his handcuffs?
(a) It is too dark for Reacher to see.
(b) Holly can't escape with him.
(c) Someone is guarding the exit.
(d) His foot is hurt.
14. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
(a) To let Holly sleep on.
(b) To soften the ride.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To block the sound.
15. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because Holly asked him.
(b) Because he is skilled in escaping.
(c) Because someone needs to contact the police.
(d) Because he wants out of the van.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
2. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
3. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
4. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
5. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)