|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(a) A masked man.
(b) Beau Borken.
2. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
(a) She says it is a waste of time.
(b) She says muder is a worse crime than kidnapping.
(c) She says she'll kill herself too.
(d) She says she won't cooperate.
3. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) The other kidnapper.
(b) He is alone.
(c) A woman.
(d) A stranger.
4. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he wants out of the van.
(b) Because Holly asked him.
(c) Because someone needs to contact the police.
(d) Because he is skilled in escaping.
5. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) A mile away from the barn.
(b) He buries him in a horse stall.
(c) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
(d) In the bottom of a well.
6. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
(a) They don't believe him.
(b) They thank him.
(c) They slap him.
(d) They take notes.
7. How does Holly respond when Reacher asks her why the kidnappers would want her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She says she is worth money.
(c) She says she wronged people in the past.
(d) She says she isn't sure.
8. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
(a) It's location.
(b) It's tire tracks.
(c) It's license plate.
(d) Witnesses who saw the car burn.
9. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
(a) They used it to get a cash advance.
(b) They rented a truck.
(c) They sold it to someone.
(d) They bought plane tickets.
10. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
(a) She takes a shower.
(b) She tries to find a way out.
(c) She reads a book.
(d) She braids her hair.
11. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
(a) To let Holly sleep on.
(b) To sit on.
(c) To block the sound.
(d) To soften the ride.
12. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) He tries to share with Holly.
(b) He throws it at the kidnapper.
(c) He doesn't get a dinner.
(d) He eats it all.
13. When does the kidnapper come to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) An hour after dinner.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) Right after dinner.
14. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
(a) He hurts her knee.
(b) He steps on her back.
(c) He handcuffs her free hand.
(d) He hits her with a bat.
15. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
(a) With a stick.
(b) With a fork.
(c) With the key.
(d) He has Holly do it for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the carpenter instructed to do to the room within a room?
2. Why do the mysterious people make a room within a room?
3. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
4. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
5. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)