|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
(a) Using a van.
(b) Burning the car.
(c) Using cell phones.
(d) Taking pictures of themselves.
2. How does Holly feel about her relationship with her father?
(a) She says she is closer to her mother.
(b) She says it is difficult to live up to his reputation.
(c) She says his expectations are too low for her.
(d) She says it is nothing but kindness.
3. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) He tries to share with Holly.
(b) He eats it all.
(c) He doesn't get a dinner.
(d) He throws it at the kidnapper.
4. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As a new country.
(b) As the best thing to happen to the country.
(c) As their worst nightmare.
(d) As Plan B.
5. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
6. What does Mac learn the kidnappers did with the dead dentist's credit card?
(a) They rented a truck.
(b) They sold it to someone.
(c) They used it to get a cash advance.
(d) They bought plane tickets.
7. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
(a) So he can try to read the license plate number.
(b) So he can use a bathroom.
(c) So he can talk to them.
(d) So Holly can try to escape.
8. Where do the two gunmen force Holly and Reacher when they first meet?
(a) Down an alley.
(b) Behind a van.
(c) Into a car.
(d) Into an office.
9. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To volunteer.
(b) To have surgery.
(c) To be treated.
(d) To have X-rays.
10. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
(a) Being stupid in her life.
(b) Being regular in her habits.
(c) Being loud as she walked.
(d) Being obvious in her plans.
11. Why does Reacher ask the kidnappers for a mattress in the van?
(a) To let Holly sleep on.
(b) To soften the ride.
(c) To block the sound.
(d) To sit on.
12. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
13. Who tells Holly's father she is missing?
(c) Holly herself.
14. How many people does Mac ask to help run his investigation to find Holly?
(d) No one else.
15. Why do the mysterious people make a room within a room?
(a) To hide people inside.
(b) To make money.
(c) To set up hidden cameras.
(d) To pack it with material.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
2. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
3. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
4. Why does Reacher repair the ring he broke in his horse stall?
5. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)