|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Reacher help Holly from his stall in Chapter 17?
(a) He is too far away from her.
(b) He can't hear her.
(c) Both his hands are handcuffed.
(d) He can't see her.
2. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
(a) He jumps on top of it.
(b) He hits it with a bat.
(c) He flips the van.
(d) He shoots a gun.
3. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(a) A masked man.
(b) Beau Borken.
4. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because he tries to escape.
(b) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(c) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(d) Because he insults them.
5. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) The other kidnapper.
(b) A woman.
(c) A stranger.
(d) He is alone.
6. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Shares it with Reacher.
(b) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
(c) Refuses to eat it.
(d) Eats it all.
7. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
(a) Because Holly went to a dry cleaner.
(b) Because a dry clearner sent him a tip.
(c) Because he needs his clothes cleaned.
(d) Because Holly used to work at a dry cleaner.
8. What does Webster promise Mac in Chapter 16?
(a) More agents.
(b) More resources.
(c) More money.
(d) More security.
9. Why does Holly say she doesn't want Reacher to protect her?
(a) Because he isn't skilled enough.
(b) Because he is weird.
(c) Because she doesn't know him.
(d) Because she can take care of herself.
10. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) A mile away from the barn.
(b) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
(c) He buries him in a horse stall.
(d) In the bottom of a well.
11. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
(a) They went to the same college.
(b) They are both only children.
(c) They both play sports.
(d) They were both army brats.
12. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
(a) His face is covered by a hat.
(b) It's blurry.
(c) It's too dark.
(d) His face is turned.
13. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To volunteer.
(b) To be treated.
(c) To have X-rays.
(d) To have surgery.
14. How does Reacher learn that Holly's father is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
(a) He reads it in a paper.
(b) He finds her father's business card.
(c) She tells him.
(d) He hears the kidnappers say it.
15. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A woman.
(b) The owner.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
2. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
3. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
4. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
5. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)