|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because the bed isn't big enough.
(b) Because she needs privacy.
(c) Because she is in love with someone else.
(d) Because she is afraid of him.
2. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
(a) It's tire tracks.
(b) It's license plate.
(c) Witnesses who saw the car burn.
(d) It's location.
3. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
(a) He will be put in jail.
(b) He will have a trial.
(c) He will be whipped.
(d) He will be shot.
4. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
(a) Because Mac told him to.
(b) Because the one kidnapper is a painter.
(c) Because the ransom notes are painted.
(d) Because the kidnappers painted their stolen van.
5. Why does Reacher travel around the United States?
(a) To interview military workers.
(b) To find work.
(c) To get to know the country.
(d) To write a book.
6. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
(a) A burned truck.
(b) A set of handcuffs.
(c) A note.
(d) A broken gun.
7. While in the white van, what mistake does Reacher say Holly made?
(a) Being obvious in her plans.
(b) Being regular in her habits.
(c) Being loud as she walked.
(d) Being stupid in her life.
8. At what point do the gunmen put Holly and Reacher into the white van?
(a) Somewhere where it is cold.
(b) Inside a warehouse.
(c) A few blocks from where they grabbed them.
(d) Near a park.
9. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
(a) Because Holly went to a dry cleaner.
(b) Because a dry clearner sent him a tip.
(c) Because he needs his clothes cleaned.
(d) Because Holly used to work at a dry cleaner.
10. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
(a) With the key.
(b) He has Holly do it for him.
(c) With a stick.
(d) With a fork.
11. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because someone needs to contact the police.
(b) Because he is skilled in escaping.
(c) Because Holly asked him.
(d) Because he wants out of the van.
12. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
(a) He would pay a ransom.
(b) He would be replaced.
(c) He would run away.
(d) He would have to take an oath of silence.
13. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
(a) He can fit his hand out of the cuff.
(b) He uses a knife and fork.
(c) He hits the handcuffs with a rock.
(d) He pulls the metal ring out of the wood.
14. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
(a) They thank him.
(b) They take notes.
(c) They don't believe him.
(d) They slap him.
15. Why does Mac take the security footage to the tech department?
(a) To fix the rip in the tape.
(b) To enlarge the pictures.
(c) To have still photographs made.
(d) To make a copy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
3. What does Reacher tell Holly to do with her breakfast before they leave the barn for the van?
4. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
5. What does Holly ask when she and Reacher are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)