|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holly ask when she and Reacher are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) She asks when this will be over.
(b) She asks to go back in the van.
(c) She asks where she is.
(d) She asks what is wrong with them.
2. What does Reacher say would happen to Holly's father should any trouble come into his life?
(a) He would run away.
(b) He would pay a ransom.
(c) He would have to take an oath of silence.
(d) He would be replaced.
3. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
(a) She says muder is a worse crime than kidnapping.
(b) She says it is a waste of time.
(c) She says she won't cooperate.
(d) She says she'll kill herself too.
4. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
(a) He is alone.
(b) A woman.
(c) The other kidnapper.
(d) A stranger.
5. After leaving the barn, how does Reacher seem to feel about his situation?
6. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
(a) Because he told Reacher why.
(b) Because of how he had been looking at Holly.
(c) Reacher didn't know why the kidnapper was coming to Holly's stall.
(d) Because Holly told him she was afraid of him.
7. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
(a) Because the one kidnapper is a painter.
(b) Because the ransom notes are painted.
(c) Because Mac told him to.
(d) Because the kidnappers painted their stolen van.
8. Why is Brogan excited to find that an electrician had his van stolen?
(a) Because he's good at finding stolen cars.
(b) Because he thinks it was the kidnappers.
(c) Because the electrician is Holly's uncle.
(d) Because he doesn't like the electrician.
9. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As Plan B.
(b) As their worst nightmare.
(c) As the best thing to happen to the country.
(d) As a new country.
10. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
(a) They both play sports.
(b) They went to the same college.
(c) They were both army brats.
(d) They are both only children.
11. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Suffocates him.
(b) Handcuffs him to the stall.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Hits him with a wood board.
12. Why does Reacher travel around the United States?
(a) To interview military workers.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To find work.
(d) To get to know the country.
13. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
(a) Because his phone bill hasn't been paid.
(b) Because they are being monitored.
(c) Because they need to run away.
(d) Because he has work to do.
14. How does Reacher meet Holly?
(a) He helps her.
(b) She helps him.
(c) She asks for directions
(d) He asks for directions.
15. How does Fowler decide to punish Loder for the mistakes he made during the kidnapping?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He will be put in jail.
(c) He will be whipped.
(d) He will have a trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holly do when she is first locked in the room within a room?
2. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
3. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
4. What is the problem with the picture of the driver of the van in Chapter 14?
5. What do Brogan and Milosevic find near the dentist's house?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)