|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
(a) A kidnapper carries her out.
(b) She won't let him.
(c) He falls down himself.
(d) The kidnappers won't let him.
2. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) A woman.
(b) The owner.
(c) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
(d) A police officer.
3. Why does Mac search the phone book for dry cleaners?
(a) Because Holly went to a dry cleaner.
(b) Because Holly used to work at a dry cleaner.
(c) Because he needs his clothes cleaned.
(d) Because a dry clearner sent him a tip.
4. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
(a) Over a dozen.
(b) About ten.
(c) Only one.
5. What does Loder do in Chapter 17 to damage the roof of the van?
(a) He shoots a gun.
(b) He hits it with a bat.
(c) He flips the van.
(d) He jumps on top of it.
6. Who tells Holly's father she is missing?
(a) Holly herself.
7. How does Reacher break free from his handcuffs before Holly is raped?
(a) He can fit his hand out of the cuff.
(b) He pulls the metal ring out of the wood.
(c) He hits the handcuffs with a rock.
(d) He uses a knife and fork.
8. What mistake does Reacher tell Holly the kidnappers made?
(a) Burning the car.
(b) Using a van.
(c) Using cell phones.
(d) Taking pictures of themselves.
9. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
(a) She fears he may hurt her.
(b) She thinks he is very kind.
(c) She is worried she will owe him something.
(d) She wants him to escape next time.
10. How does Mac know that the kidnappers value Holly's life?
(a) Because they bought her a new crutch.
(b) Because she is still alive.
(c) Because they wrote him a note saying that.
(d) Because they killed a kidnapper who tried to attack her.
11. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
(a) Because the ransom notes are painted.
(b) Because the kidnappers painted their stolen van.
(c) Because Mac told him to.
(d) Because the one kidnapper is a painter.
12. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) Holly's father.
(c) An FBI agent.
13. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
(d) New Mexico.
14. After being put in the white van, how long does Reacher think the men have been watching Holly?
(a) Over a year.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
15. Why does Reacher agree to escape in Chapter 13?
(a) Because someone needs to contact the police.
(b) Because he wants out of the van.
(c) Because he is skilled in escaping.
(d) Because Holly asked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac retrieve from the dry cleaner Holly visited before she disappeared?
2. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
3. Where do the police find the burned luxury sedan?
4. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
5. Why does Mac assume Reacher is a kidnapper?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)