|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Brogan and Milosevic think they have useful clues after investigating the dentist?
(a) Because they found a murder weapon.
(b) Because a neighbor is a witness.
(c) Because they now have two burned cars.
(d) Because they found Holly's purse.
2. How do the kidnappers describe the clearing that is filled with wooden structures?
(a) As a new country.
(b) As the best thing to happen to the country.
(c) As Plan B.
(d) As their worst nightmare.
3. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Refuses to eat it.
(b) Eats it all.
(c) Shares it with Reacher.
(d) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
4. How does Reacher know why the kidnapper is coming to Holly's stall in Chapter 17?
(a) Reacher didn't know why the kidnapper was coming to Holly's stall.
(b) Because Holly told him she was afraid of him.
(c) Because of how he had been looking at Holly.
(d) Because he told Reacher why.
5. After having the kidnappers pull over, what direction does Reacher think they are headed?
6. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
(b) Only one.
(c) About ten.
(d) Over a dozen.
7. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
(a) That he will be fired for lying to his agents.
(b) That it will become public.
(c) That he will fail to find her.
(d) That her father will blackmail him.
8. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(b) A masked man.
(d) Beau Borken.
9. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
10. What does the employer threaten to do to the carpenter if he can escape the room within a room?
(a) Cut off his arms.
(b) Leave him in the room.
(c) Cut off his legs.
(d) Steal his van and tools.
11. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
(a) He hits her with a bat.
(b) He steps on her back.
(c) He hurts her knee.
(d) He handcuffs her free hand.
12. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, why can't Reacher help Holly out of the van?
(a) She won't let him.
(b) He falls down himself.
(c) A kidnapper carries her out.
(d) The kidnappers won't let him.
13. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
14. Why does Brogan have FBI technicians take fingerprints off paint brushes?
(a) Because Mac told him to.
(b) Because the kidnappers painted their stolen van.
(c) Because the ransom notes are painted.
(d) Because the one kidnapper is a painter.
15. While in the room within a room, why does Holly tell Reacher she can't share a bed with him?
(a) Because the bed isn't big enough.
(b) Because she is afraid of him.
(c) Because she is in love with someone else.
(d) Because she needs privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac learn the kidnappers were from, by using evidence off the burned truck?
2. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
3. In Chapter 14, why is there blood the commander needs cleaned up?
4. What does the FBI find inside the electrician's stolen van?
5. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)