|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting the dry cleaners, how many kidnappers does Mac believe there are?
2. How does Holly say she hurt her knee?
(a) Falling during an arrest.
(d) She was attacked.
3. How many dry cleaners does Mac find in the phone book?
(a) Only one.
(c) Over a dozen.
(d) About ten.
4. Where does Mac decide to run his investigation to find Holly?
5. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
6. How many mistakes does Fowler say Loder made during the kidnapping?
7. Why does General Johnson visit Webster in Chapter 18?
(a) To get a press release.
(b) To discuss Holly's case.
(c) To see if he wants to take on a new case.
(d) To ask about Mac's work.
8. Why does Mac say Holly is in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) To volunteer.
(b) To be treated.
(c) To have surgery.
(d) To have X-rays.
9. Who does Reacher witness beating Loder to teach him a lesson?
(a) Beau Borken.
(b) A masked man.
10. When they stop for the night in Chapter 17, what do the kidnappers handcuff Reacher and Holly to?
(a) Each other.
(b) The side of a pig trough.
(c) Metal rings in a horse stall.
(d) Locks on a barn door.
11. Why doesn't Reacher escape after taking off his handcuffs?
(a) Someone is guarding the exit.
(b) His foot is hurt.
(c) It is too dark for Reacher to see.
(d) Holly can't escape with him.
12. In Chapter 16, why does the commander tell the undercover agent to stop making phone calls?
(a) Because his phone bill hasn't been paid.
(b) Because they need to run away.
(c) Because they are being monitored.
(d) Because he has work to do.
13. How does Holly convince the kidnappers to not kill Reacher when they realize their fellow kidnapper is missing?
(a) She says muder is a worse crime than kidnapping.
(b) She says it is a waste of time.
(c) She says she won't cooperate.
(d) She says she'll kill herself too.
14. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
(a) He needs a car.
(b) The kidnappers are keeping guard.
(c) He has to get rid of the kidnapper's body.
(d) He can't carry Holly that far.
15. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Refuses to eat it.
(b) Shares it with Reacher.
(c) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
(d) Eats it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the burned sedan gives the FBI agents clues to what happened to Holly?
2. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
3. While in the white van, what does Holly say about Reacher's theories?
4. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
5. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)