|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reacher make the kidnappers pull over in Chapter 17?
(a) So Holly can try to escape.
(b) So he can try to read the license plate number.
(c) So he can talk to them.
(d) So he can use a bathroom.
2. Where do the gunmen leave Reacher and Holly when they take them out of the van?
(a) A barn.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A garage.
(d) A factory.
3. After finding the burned sedan, what does the FBI assume happened to Holly?
(a) She was handed over to someone else.
(b) She was burned with the car.
(c) She was locked in a factory.
(d) She was put on a plane.
4. How does Paul 'Mac' McGrath feel when Holly doesn't show up for work?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is humored.
(d) He doesn't notice.
5. What does Holly do when the kidnapper says he is going to rape her?
(a) She twists her arm trying to get away.
(b) She yells for Reacher to help her.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She tries to fight him off.
6. What does Mac assume about Reacher after he figures out he killed the kidnapper?
(a) Mac assumes Reacher is a terrorist.
(b) Mac assumes Reacher is a drug addict.
(c) Mac assumes Reacher is a hero.
(d) Mac assumes Reacher is a career criminal.
7. What does Holly do when she gets her dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) Eats it all.
(b) Picks at it then throws it on the ground.
(c) Refuses to eat it.
(d) Shares it with Reacher.
8. What does the kidnapper do to Holly before he tries to rape her?
(a) He hurts her knee.
(b) He handcuffs her free hand.
(c) He hits her with a bat.
(d) He steps on her back.
9. After being handcuffed by the gunmen, how does Reacher take the handcuffs off?
(a) With a fork.
(b) With the key.
(c) With a stick.
(d) He has Holly do it for him.
10. Who intercepts the call about the room within a room?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) Holly's father.
(d) An FBI agent.
11. Who is in the trunk of the burned luxury sedan?
(a) The owner.
(b) A man with a warrant out for his arrest.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A woman.
12. What does Reacher do to the kidnapper who is trying to rape Holly?
(a) Handcuffs him to the stall.
(b) Hits him with a wood board.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Suffocates him.
13. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) He doesn't get a dinner.
(b) He tries to share with Holly.
(c) He throws it at the kidnapper.
(d) He eats it all.
14. Why does Reacher repair the ring he broke in his horse stall?
(a) The kidnappers forced him to.
(b) Because he feels bad about breaking it.
(c) Holly asked him to.
(d) So the kidnappers don't know he broke it.
15. After starting his own investigation, what worries Mac about Holly's case?
(a) That he will fail to find her.
(b) That it will become public.
(c) That he will be fired for lying to his agents.
(d) That her father will blackmail him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reacher and Holly are taken to a clearing that is filled with wooden structures, what are all the people wearing?
2. What happens when Reacher answers the gunmen's questions?
3. Who is with the kidnapper when he comes to Holly's stall to rape her in Chapter 17?
4. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
5. What does Holly learn she has in common with Reacher in Chapter 15?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)