|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the kidnappers nearly kill Reacher in Chapter 17?
(a) Because of his reaction to Loder firing his gun.
(b) Because he insults them.
(c) Because of his desire to protect Holly.
(d) Because he tries to escape.
2. Where does Reacher put the body of the kidnapper who tries to rape Holly?
(a) A mile away from the barn.
(b) He buries him in a horse stall.
(c) In the bottom of a well.
(d) Underneath the kidnapper's van.
3. How does Holly feel about her relationship with her father?
(a) She says his expectations are too low for her.
(b) She says it is nothing but kindness.
(c) She says it is difficult to live up to his reputation.
(d) She says she is closer to her mother.
4. What does Webster request after ordering Beau's phone lines to be cut?
(a) For the lines to be linked to the President's office.
(b) For them to be left cut.
(c) For the lines to re-routed to a command post.
(d) For them to always sound busy.
5. When Reacher returns to his horse stall after leaving the barn, what does he do?
(a) Drills a hole in the barn wall.
(b) Breaks Holly's handcuffs.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Starts a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holly feel about Reacher not leaving the barn when he could?
2. When Reacher escapes his horse stall, what does he realize is keeping him from leaving the barn?
3. Who orders planes to fly above the camp for surveillance?
4. Where does Reacher hide when Beau and Fowler approach him in the cave?
5. What does Reacher do when he gets his dinner in Chapter 17?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)