|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," what colors does the speaker describe in the sky?
(a) Black then white.
(b) Blue, yellow, then black.
(c) Rust, orange, then yellow.
(d) Lavendar, mauve, then white.
2. According to "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," how are words formed?
(a) Air flows through the mouth.
(b) The tongue, teeth, and mouth form words.
(c) Secreted saliva forms words.
(d) The soul exudes words from the body.
3. In "Terpischore: Choral Dance," what does water on the surface of the stone capture?
(a) Vibrations from the sounds.
(b) Light in motion.
(c) Small insects.
(d) Dust particles floating by.
4. For the speaker in "Terpischore: Choral Dance," which of the following cannot happen?
(a) She cannot wait.
(b) She cannot move.
(c) She cannot speak.
(d) She cannot act.
5. According to the letter, where is Mr. Reardon's last known location?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first action of the woman in "Thalia: Comedy"?
2. What color are the subtitles that appear on the screen in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
3. What effect do Mrs. Claxton's letters have on her sister?
4. What color is the earth in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
5. What seems to cool the approaching young girl in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman's feelings regarding the telephone in "Thalia: Comedy."
2. Identify one central symbol of "Terpischore: Choral Dance" and discuss its relevance.
3. Describe the image at the opening of "Terpischore: Choral Dance."
4. Compare "memory" with "second memory." How are these passages alike or different?
5. Discuss the significance of cinema scene in the opening of "Erato: Love Poetry."
6. Describe the young girl's attire in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry."
7. Describe the contents of the chart in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry."
8. Discuss at least two possible meanings of the partition imagery which appears in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry."
9. Discuss the passage titled "Memory." Why does it receive a capitalized title?
10. Why is the young girl at the well in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)