|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announces the call in "Thalia: Comedy"?
(a) The ringing.
(b) A knock on the door.
(c) A servant.
(d) A sign.
2. In "Terpischore: Choral Dance," what does water on the surface of the stone capture?
(a) Vibrations from the sounds.
(b) Dust particles floating by.
(c) Light in motion.
(d) Small insects.
3. Which article of clothing has the woman in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry" gathered and tied to keep it out of the well?
(a) A skirt.
(b) An apron.
(c) A blouse.
(d) A dress.
4. Which two words does Cha pun on in 'Aller'?
(a) Words and works.
(b) Disuse and diseuse.
(c) Vein and vain.
(d) Well and well.
5. According to the letter, where is Mr. Reardon's last known location?
(a) New York.
6. For the speaker in "Terpischore: Choral Dance," which of the following cannot happen?
(a) She cannot speak.
(b) She cannot move.
(c) She cannot wait.
(d) She cannot act.
7. When is the letter to Mrs. Laura Claxton regarding the address of Mr. Reardon dated?
8. Which best describes the syntax of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
9. What is the last sound described in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
(a) A window creaking.
(b) Water dropping.
(c) Bells ringing.
(d) A child laughing.
10. How is the audience of the film in "Erato: Love Poetry" given the portrait of the woman?
(a) Through an extreme close up of her face while she laughs.
(b) Through a look at all the people in her life.
(c) Through a vignette focused on the woman's face.
(d) Through an intimate look at her possessions.
11. What is the first action of the woman in "Thalia: Comedy"?
(a) She walks to a well.
(b) She writes a letter.
(c) She answers a call.
(d) She sits in a theater.
12. What are the last words of "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
(a) Still. soft.
(b) Silence. sorrow.
(c) All memory all echo.
(d) Stone. Wall.
13. How is the person supposed to wait in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
(a) At the ready.
14. What does the speaker compare memory to in 'Retour'?
(a) A stain spreading on a sheet.
(b) An anchor dragging behind a boat.
(c) An elusive shadow.
(d) A passing instance.
15. Which word best describes the rhythm of "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," what colors does the speaker describe in the sky?
2. What color is the earth in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
3. During 'Memory,' what is happening in the theater?
4. Why does the woman in "Thalia: Comedy" find herself uttering sounds?
5. How is the motion of film described in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)