|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the child respond to the woman's gift in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
(a) She bursts into tears.
(b) She scampers away shyly.
(c) She thanks her and bows.
(d) She stubbornly refuses assistance.
2. When is the letter to Mrs. Laura Claxton regarding the address of Mr. Reardon dated?
3. In "Terpischore: Choral Dance," what does water on the surface of the stone capture?
(a) Dust particles floating by.
(b) Light in motion.
(c) Small insects.
(d) Vibrations from the sounds.
4. What meteorological event occurs during "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) An eclipse.
5. What does the carrier hold in his/her hand in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
(a) A magnolia bloom.
(b) The silver white spirit.
(c) A stone.
(d) A dandelion.
6. Which color appears first in the succession of colors described in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the white flowers mentioned in "Thalia: Comedy"?
8. What color light encircles the bowl the woman hands the girl in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
9. If words are uttered in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," where do they originate?
(a) From imposed social constructs.
(b) From outside.
(c) From behind the partition.
(d) From within the soul.
10. According to the letter, where is Mr. Reardon's last known location?
(d) New York.
11. In "Erato: Love Poetry," what color is the ticket the woman purchases?
12. How does the woman in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry" secure the package she gives to the girl?
(a) She places it inside a pouch.
(b) She ties two knots using the diagonal corners.
(c) She wraps a cord around the top.
(d) She fastens it to a stick.
13. What seems to cool the approaching young girl in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
(a) A mist rising from the river bank.
(b) Cool well water.
(c) Cool rain water.
(d) Proximity to the well.
14. Which best describes the syntax of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
15. In "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry," what forms an opaque screen between earth and sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the audience of the film in "Erato: Love Poetry" given the portrait of the woman?
2. Which of the following describes the connection between mother and child in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
3. What veils the earth in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
4. How does the wife speak without words in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
5. In "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," who is the one to restore spring?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)