|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which article of clothing has the woman in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry" gathered and tied to keep it out of the well?
(a) An apron.
(b) A skirt.
(c) A dress.
(d) A blouse.
2. According to the narrator of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," when does the ink spill thickest?
(a) When the writing is hardest.
(b) Before it runs dry.
(c) As the the ideas flow.
(d) When the pen is fresh.
3. What does the carrier hold in his/her hand in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
(a) A stone.
(b) A magnolia bloom.
(c) A dandelion.
(d) The silver white spirit.
4. How many jars does the young woman fill at the well in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
5. How long has the young girl in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry" been walking?
(a) Since daybreak.
(b) Three days.
(c) Since noon.
(d) A couple hours.
6. In "Terpischore: Choral Dance," what does water on the surface of the stone capture?
(a) Vibrations from the sounds.
(b) Light in motion.
(c) Dust particles floating by.
(d) Small insects.
7. Which word best describes the rhythm of "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
8. What does the speaker compare memory to in 'Retour'?
(a) An anchor dragging behind a boat.
(b) A passing instance.
(c) A stain spreading on a sheet.
(d) An elusive shadow.
9. To what does the narrator of "Erato: Love Poetry" compare the wife's relationship to her husband?
(a) An apprenticeship.
(d) Endentured servitude.
10. Which color appears first in the succession of colors described in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
11. How does the child respond to the woman's gift in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
(a) She stubbornly refuses assistance.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She scampers away shyly.
(d) She thanks her and bows.
12. Where does the ruelle go in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
(a) It continues past the last house infinitely outward.
(b) It ends at the edge of the village.
(c) It leads to Seoul.
(d) It leads to the next town.
13. For the speaker in "Terpischore: Choral Dance," which of the following cannot happen?
(a) She cannot move.
(b) She cannot wait.
(c) She cannot speak.
(d) She cannot act.
14. What color is the young girl's kerchief in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
15. Why are the tongue and words dead in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Thalia: Comedy," what does Heaven, in its ultimate state, contain?
2. From what is the column in "Terpischore: Choral Dance" made?
3. What did Mrs. Claxton's sister threaten to do before the friend wrote the letter?
4. Which best describes the syntax of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
5. How is the motion of film described in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)