|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color do the names and the titles appear in in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
2. What color is the window frame in the final scene of "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
3. For the speaker in "Terpischore: Choral Dance," which of the following cannot happen?
(a) She cannot act.
(b) She cannot wait.
(c) She cannot move.
(d) She cannot speak.
4. In "Thalia: Comedy," what form does the letter from "a friend" arrive in?
(a) Handwritten, in print.
(b) Handwritten, in cursive.
(c) Cut and pasted from different print sources, to disquise the handwriting.
(d) Typed on a typewriter.
5. What is the partition compared to in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
(a) A natural void.
(b) A screen made from wood and pale paper.
(c) A rift.
(d) A military barricade.
6. Why does the narrator of "Erato: Love Poetry" say one expects the star of the film to be beautiful?
(a) The delay in the actress's appearance on screen makes her seem worth waiting to see.
(b) The long shot of her back and profile enhances her mystique.
(c) The title which carries her name makes her seem beautiful.
(d) The men in the film all swagger in her presence.
7. Which theater seat does the woman take in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
(a) The front cener seat.
(b) The fourth from the left.
(c) The center seat in the back.
(d) The seat closest the exit.
8. What time is it when the woman enters the theater in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
(a) 6:35 p.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 7:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
9. When is the second letter to Mrs. Claxton dated?
(a) August 19.
(b) August 12.
(c) August 16.
(d) August 6.
10. How is the motion of film described in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
(a) It moves smoothly from frame to frame.
(b) It moves quickly, at the pace of a humming bird.
(c) It moves slowly and jerkily along the reel.
(d) It moves at the pace of a hundred strokes.
11. Which word best describes the rhythm of "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
12. Which best describes the syntax of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
13. What will happen after the communion preparations in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
(a) A larger body will inhabit the speaker's current body.
(b) The speaker will feel whole.
(c) The church will close its doors.
(d) The speaker will be wed to Christ.
14. Which place is mentioned at the end of 'Aller'?
15. Which two words does Cha pun on in 'Aller'?
(a) Disuse and diseuse.
(b) Words and works.
(c) Vein and vain.
(d) Well and well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry," what does the woman hand to the young girl at the well?
2. How is the audience of the film in "Erato: Love Poetry" given the portrait of the woman?
3. According to the list in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry," what is Tai-Chi?
4. What color is the young girl's kerchief in "Polymnia: Sacred Poetry"?
5. According to the narrator, where are melodies suspended in "Terpischore: Choral Dance"?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)