|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the woman sitting at the beginning of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
(a) On the roadside.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In her mother's house.
(d) In the front of a theater.
2. In "Erato: Love Poetry," how many steps does the woman climb into the theater room?
3. According to the narrator of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," when does the ink spill thickest?
(a) As the the ideas flow.
(b) When the pen is fresh.
(c) Before it runs dry.
(d) When the writing is hardest.
4. In "Clio: History," how many times does the anonymous woman invoke Ahn Joong Kun's name?
5. When is the second letter to Mrs. Claxton dated?
(a) August 6.
(b) August 12.
(c) August 19.
(d) August 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," what does the phrase "nation against nation multiplied nations against nations against themselves" refer to?
2. What happens during Guan Soon's 16th year?
3. Which ritual occurs first on the First Friday?
4. When is the letter to Mrs. Laura Claxton regarding the address of Mr. Reardon dated?
5. What did the Japanese laws mandate regarding pipes?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)