|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Urania: Astronomy" section, what is the purpose of exhalation?
(a) To express guilt.
(b) To express affirmation.
(c) To express grief.
(d) To express frustration.
2. How many provinces was France formerly divided into?
3. Where did Mr. Reardon's mother move three years before the letter?
(d) New York.
4. After she stretches out, what does the anonymous woman in "Melpomene: Tragedy" do?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Pulls her coat up to her chin.
(c) Attempts to speak.
(d) Reaches forward toward the light.
5. What did Mrs. Claxton's sister threaten to do before the friend wrote the letter?
(a) Divulge information.
(b) Leave her husband.
(c) Kill the children.
(d) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," what has the power to remove the stain of memory?
2. Under the new Japanese assembly, how did the King govern?
3. In "Erato: Love Poetry," what color is the ticket the woman purchases?
4. What is the title of the first poem in "Elitere: Lyric Poetry"?
5. Where is the woman sitting at the beginning of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)