|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon receiving citizenship in the U.S., what document does Mother receive?
(a) A certificate.
(b) A U.S. Passport.
(c) An identification badge.
(d) She receives no documents.
2. To what does the narrator of "Erato: Love Poetry" compare the wife's relationship to her husband?
(b) Endentured servitude.
(d) An apprenticeship.
3. Why are the woman's lips chafed in "Thalia: Comedy"?
(a) The cold.
4. In "Erato: Love Poetry," what causes the woman to take a step backward?
(a) The gunfire on the screen.
(b) The sound of the music.
(c) The glaring text on the screen.
(d) The whiteness of the screen.
5. What ritual occurs in the Opening?
(d) Last rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Mother graduate from college?
2. Where did Mr. Reardon's mother move three years before the letter?
3. How does the "Opening" end?
4. What type of illustrations appear in the "Urania: Astronomy"?
5. What color do the names and the titles appear in in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)