|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elitere: Lyric Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the "Opening" end?
(b) "And it begins."
(d) "Espiritu Sanctu."
2. In "Erato: Love Poetry," how does the husband treat the wife?
(a) He respectfully ignores her.
(b) He is kind and gentle toward her.
(c) He worships her as a thing of beauty.
(d) He taunts and humiliates her.
3. What simple act has not been forbidden of Mother?
4. Which of the following images does the narrator use to describe the war in Korea?
(a) A dog that returns to its vomit.
(b) A child that kills the parent.
(c) A father that eats his children.
(d) An insect that devours its mate.
5. To whom is Sister Theresa betrothed in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
(a) A general in the Japanese army.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) A man from the village.
(d) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tutor do when the brother refuses to obey?
2. According to the narrator of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," what has the power to remove the stain of memory?
3. How is the audience of the film in "Erato: Love Poetry" given the portrait of the woman?
4. What format does the conversation in the confessional take?
5. Where was Mother born?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)