|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elitere: Lyric Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," the narrator compares a person's first word to which of the following?
(a) A child's first steps.
(b) The foundational rock.
(c) The root of a hair.
(d) An essential element.
2. Which of the following describes the connection between mother and child in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
(a) The mother does not recognize herself in the infant.
(b) The child is an extension of the husband.
(c) The mother feels disconnected from the child.
(d) The child's hunger is the mother's.
3. According to the narrator of "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," when does the ink spill thickest?
(a) Before it runs dry.
(b) When the writing is hardest.
(c) As the the ideas flow.
(d) When the pen is fresh.
4. In the Opening, which of the following does the anonymous woman take possession of?
(a) The utter.
(b) A meal.
(c) A man.
(d) Her body.
5. What does the narrator bite in "Urania: Astronomy"?
(a) The finger.
(b) The arm.
(c) The tongue.
(d) The lip.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," what evidence of conflicts past does the narrator see?
2. What is the major struggle in the Opening?
3. What happens during Guan Soon's 16th year?
4. What calendar dates the birth of Yu Guan Soon?
5. Under the new Japanese regime, how did the wives of prominent men fare?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)