|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elitere: Lyric Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters did Guan Soon's family have?
2. In "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," the narrator compares a person's first word to which of the following?
(a) A child's first steps.
(b) An essential element.
(c) The root of a hair.
(d) The foundational rock.
3. Where does the woman in "Erato: Love Poetry" enter the cinema?
(a) Through a narrow hallway.
(b) The back door.
(c) Between two white columns.
(d) The front door.
4. Who does the narrator fetch to persuade her brother not to participate in the demonstration?
(a) The tutor.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
5. How does the wife speak without words in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
(a) Her movements as she walks.
(c) Angry looks.
(d) Subtle gestures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which language opens the book?
2. According to "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," how are words formed?
3. Why does the narrator of "Erato: Love Poetry" say one expects the star of the film to be beautiful?
4. Which of the following is NOT a phrase the narrator in "Urania: Astronomy" uses to describe failed attempts at speech?
5. Which two figures does Cha yoke together at the end of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)