|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elitere: Lyric Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tutor do when the brother refuses to obey?
(a) Yells for the speaker's uncle.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Drags him away from the demonstration.
(d) Strikes him across the face.
2. What birds does the narrator hear in "Urania: Astronomy"?
3. What does Mother do with her wages?
(a) Funds the childrens' education.
(b) Maintains a modest existence with enough to eat.
(c) Pays room and board, then sends the rest home.
(d) Pays off loans.
4. What image opens "Clio: History"?
(a) A photograph of soldiers.
(b) A photograph of a leaf.
(c) A photograph of a young woman revolutionary.
(d) Korean characters.
5. Which of the following is silent during "Urania: Astronomy"?
(a) The narrator's thoughts.
(b) Paragraphs and phrases.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The swan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has Mother spent in exile?
2. How many provinces was France formerly divided into?
3. How does the narrator describe the columns in "Erato: Love Poetry"?
4. What is Mother's ethnicity?
5. In "Elitere: Lyric Poetry," what colors does the speaker describe in the sky?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)