|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Calliope: Epic Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children greet Mother upon her return?
(a) With money.
(b) Sullenly, expecting lessons.
(c) With gifts.
(d) With food.
2. In "Clio: History," how many times does the anonymous woman invoke Ahn Joong Kun's name?
3. What is the origin of the black ash described in the Opening?
(a) Military conflict.
(b) A great fire.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) Palm Hosannah.
4. What image opens "Clio: History"?
(a) A photograph of a young woman revolutionary.
(b) A photograph of a leaf.
(c) Korean characters.
(d) A photograph of soldiers.
5. What is Mother's ethnicity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language is Mother greeted in when she reaches her school?
2. What did Japan do as it assumed control over Korea?
3. Who does the anonymous narrator invoke to tell the story, in the Opening?
4. What does Mother do with her wages?
5. During the Japanese occupation, what edict came out regarding men's grooming?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)