|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Terpischore: Choral Dance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Mother teach?
(a) 1st grade.
(b) 5th grade.
(c) 3rd grade.
(d) 2nd grade.
2. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," why are students shot during the demonstration?
(a) For joining the Japanese troops.
(b) For wearing school uniforms.
(c) For shouting violent insults.
(d) For throwing rocks at the soldiers.
3. Why are the woman's lips chafed in "Thalia: Comedy"?
(a) The cold.
4. Why does the woman in "Thalia: Comedy" find herself uttering sounds?
(a) To revive something lost.
(b) To soothe old wounds.
(c) To attempt communication once more.
(d) To pass the time.
5. In "Erato: Love Poetry," what causes the woman to take a step backward?
(a) The gunfire on the screen.
(b) The whiteness of the screen.
(c) The glaring text on the screen.
(d) The sound of the music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two figures does Cha yoke together at the end of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
2. What did Mrs. Claxton's sister threaten to do before the friend wrote the letter?
3. What color bloom does the person addressed in "Terpischore: Choral Dance" expect from the seemingly dead branches of the magnolia tree?
4. In "Urania: Astronomy," Cha creates an elaborate pun on which of the following words?
5. In the "Urania: Astronomy" section, what is the purpose of exhalation?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)