|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Calliope: Epic Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother's refuge?
(a) Her mother tongue.
(c) The Catholic faith.
(d) Education and hope for the future.
2. Which ritual contains nine of each action?
(d) Late rites.
3. In the Opening, which of the following does the anonymous woman take possession of?
(a) Her body.
(b) A man.
(c) A meal.
(d) The utter.
4. How does Mother repay her college loans?
(a) By working as a kitchen aid.
(b) By working as a petty laborer in a camp.
(c) By working for the Manchurian government.
(d) By teaching in an assigned post in the country.
5. What calendar dates the birth of Yu Guan Soon?
(a) The Lunar Calendar.
(b) The English Calendar.
(c) The Julian Calendar.
(d) The Korean Calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the "Opening" end?
2. What language does Mother teach the children in?
3. What is placed on the tongue in the Opening?
4. How do the children greet Mother upon her return?
5. When does Mother take the train home?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)