|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Calliope: Epic Poetry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the black ash described in the Opening?
(a) Palm Hosannah.
(b) Military conflict.
(c) A great fire.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
2. What is Mother's ethnicity?
3. In "Clio: History," whose name does the anonymous woman call three times?
(a) Jeanne d'Arc.
(c) Yu Guan Soon.
4. What simple act has not been forbidden of Mother?
5. What does Mother do with her wages?
(a) Funds the childrens' education.
(b) Pays off loans.
(c) Maintains a modest existence with enough to eat.
(d) Pays room and board, then sends the rest home.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Japanese occupation, what edict came out regarding men's grooming?
2. How many volunteer resistance members were killed by Japanese troops on September 12, 1907?
3. Upon receiving citizenship in the U.S., what document does Mother receive?
4. At the beginning of "Calliope: Epic Poetry," how old is Mother?
5. Which ritual occurs first on the First Friday?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)