|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual occurs during 'second memory'?
(a) The consummation of a virgin marriage.
(b) The preparations for giving birth.
(d) The giving of last rites.
2. What part of Mother's being is trapped in Korea?
(a) Her UHM-MAH.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her MAH-UHM.
3. In "Thalia: Comedy," what is the purpose of the letter from "a friend"?
(a) To inform Mrs. Claxton her sister is not well.
(b) To inform Mrs. Claxton of her sister's death.
(c) To announce the kidnapping of Mrs. Claxton's sister for ransom.
(d) To demand money from Mrs. Claxton.
4. Why are the woman's lips chafed in "Thalia: Comedy"?
(a) The cold.
5. Who does the narrator fetch to persuade her brother not to participate in the demonstration?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) The tutor.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Thalia: Comedy," what form does the letter from "a friend" arrive in?
2. Where is the woman sitting at the beginning of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
3. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," what evidence of conflicts past does the narrator see?
4. How long must Mother work to repay her debt?
5. On what date does the narrator write her mother from Seoul?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)