|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she stretches out, what does the anonymous woman in "Melpomene: Tragedy" do?
(a) Attempts to speak.
(b) Pulls her coat up to her chin.
(c) Reaches forward toward the light.
(d) Falls asleep.
2. What did Mrs. Claxton's sister threaten to do before the friend wrote the letter?
(a) Leave her husband.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Divulge information.
(d) Kill the children.
3. What does Mother do with her wages?
(a) Pays off loans.
(b) Pays room and board, then sends the rest home.
(c) Maintains a modest existence with enough to eat.
(d) Funds the childrens' education.
4. According to the letter, where is Mr. Reardon's last known location?
(a) New York.
5. Where was Mother born?
(b) Yong Jung, Manchuria.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long must Mother work to repay her debt?
2. On what date does the narrator write her mother from Seoul?
3. What effect do Mrs. Claxton's letters have on her sister?
4. Upon receiving citizenship in the U.S., what document does Mother receive?
5. What ritual occurs during 'second memory'?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)