|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word appears in italics at the end of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
2. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," what does the phrase "nation against nation multiplied nations against nations against themselves" refer to?
(a) The lead up to the Korean War.
(b) The Korean Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
3. What is Mother's ethnicity?
4. In "Thalia: Comedy," what form does the letter from "a friend" arrive in?
(a) Handwritten, in print.
(b) Typed on a typewriter.
(c) Handwritten, in cursive.
(d) Cut and pasted from different print sources, to disquise the handwriting.
5. Where is the woman sitting at the beginning of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On the roadside.
(c) In the front of a theater.
(d) In her mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," what color are the soldiers' uniforms?
2. After she stretches out, what does the anonymous woman in "Melpomene: Tragedy" do?
3. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," what evidence of conflicts past does the narrator see?
4. When is the second letter to Mrs. Claxton dated?
5. According to the narrator of "Thalia: Comedy," what does Heaven, in its ultimate state, contain?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)