|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thalia: Comedy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual occurs during 'second memory'?
(a) The giving of last rites.
(b) The consummation of a virgin marriage.
(c) The preparations for giving birth.
2. When is the letter to Mrs. Laura Claxton regarding the address of Mr. Reardon dated?
3. Which of the following images does the narrator use to describe the war in Korea?
(a) A father that eats his children.
(b) An insect that devours its mate.
(c) A dog that returns to its vomit.
(d) A child that kills the parent.
4. Which word appears in italics at the end of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
5. Where is the woman sitting at the beginning of "Melpomene: Tragedy"?
(a) In the front of a theater.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the roadside.
(d) In her mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mother born?
2. In "Melpomene: Tragedy," why are students shot during the demonstration?
3. What announces the call in "Thalia: Comedy"?
4. How many years has Mother spent in exile?
5. In "Thalia: Comedy," what form does the letter from "a friend" arrive in?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)