• The narrator returns home.
• The "Opening" describes the sensation of speaking.
• The narrator has a painful experience as she attempts to speak.
• The narrator begins recitation.
• The narrator begins by invoking the Muse.
• A French lesson begins.
• A series of translations follow.
• After the French lessons, the scene shifts to a Catholic Mass where a woman takes communion.
• The narrative returns to the lessons to conclude the section.
• The narrator fabricates sins for confession.
• A question and answer session begins, revealing tenets of the Catholic faith.
• The novena of the Immaculate Conception is announced, and nine days of nine prayers begin.
• The section ends with an invocation of the Lord.
• The narrator tells the reader that revolutionary Yu Guan Soon was born on March 15, 1903 and died October 20, 1920.
• The narrator invokes Joan of Arc three times and Ahn Joon Kun five times.
• The narrator laments the...
This section contains 1,994 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)