|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James say about fitting in at the new school?
(a) Teachers and principals make it easy for new comers to fit in.
(b) New comers never quite fit in at middle school and high school.
(c) James cares about fitting in, Dicey does not care.
(d) Dicey cares about fitting in, James does not care.
2. What is Dicey thinking about as she lies relaxing under the tree?
(c) The long previous summer of travel.
(d) High school.
3. Where is Dicey's part-time job?
(a) Pet store.
(b) A small grocery store.
(c) Local public library.
(d) Car wash.
4. What are Gram's personal thoughts concerning the finances?
(a) She resents the uncaring manners of the insurance companies.
(b) She is pleasantly surprised at the amount of helpful money available for people.
(c) She is unhappy about accepting public aid.
(d) She is grateful for the kindly manners of insurance agents.
5. What advice does Dicey sharply deliver to James about school and fitting in?
(a) School lasts only a few years.
(b) School is a place where under-achievers pull down the achievers.
(c) School exists to employ adults and boost adult egos.
(d) Worry concerning anything does not do any good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dicey's thought about her own paper and James' paper about Pilgrims?
2. What is James' announcement that surprises Dicey and Gram?
3. Why does Dicey not want Sammy to help with scraping the boat?
4. What is Gram's matter of fact statement concerning the kids?
5. What image of her mother comes to her mind as Dicey is sitting alone on the dock at sunset?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)