1. What is Dicey thinking about as she lies relaxing under the tree?
(b) The long previous summer of travel.
(d) High school.
2. What recent find in the barn distracts Dicey's thoughts toward a daydream?
(a) A leather horse saddle.
(b) A small sailboat.
(c) An old hunting rifle.
(d) An old pickup truck.
3. What sort of chore work does Dicey welcome to keep her focused on her project?
(a) Polishing and shining.
(b) Cutting and shaping.
(c) Scraping and painting.
(d) Separating and cleaning moving parts.
4. Where is Dicey's part-time job?
(a) Local public library.
(b) Car wash.
(c) Pet store.
(d) A small grocery store.
5. What is Gram's announcement that pleases the children?
(a) Gram intends to legally adopt the children.
(b) Their father is living nearby in New York.
(c) The four children will not have to separate.
(d) The children are moving to Boston to be close to mother.
6. What is Gram's announcement concerning finances?
(a) The insurance company has denied a cash settlement for the family.
(b) They must go on welfare in order to make ends meet.
(c) Maryland County Trust Bureau wants to visit the family, possibly to provide funding.
(d) The insurance company has approved a cash settlement for the family.
This section contains 9,125 words
(approx. 31 pages at 300 words per page)