|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
2. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
3. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
4. What problem does Pepys mention for the first time in July-December 1667?
5. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys review of Romeo and Juliet with his liking of tragedy plays. Were you surprised that Pepys did not like Romeo and Juliet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the one vice that Pepys will never give up. Why is that? How does this affect his life?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)