Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
5. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
Essay Topic 1
The book constantly describes Pepys's vows of determination to stay away from wine and overspending. We also continue to read about his failings in that aspect. How is Pepys a determined character? In what aspects of his life is he less determined?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
Essay Topic 3
What are Pepys' views on adultery? Are there the same rules for husbands and wives? How does his opinion of Lord Sandwich's affair illustrate those views?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)