|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pepys get his watch?
2. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
3. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
4. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
5. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys review of Romeo and Juliet with his liking of tragedy plays. Were you surprised that Pepys did not like Romeo and Juliet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)