|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
5. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
Essay Topic 1
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe why the humanity of the Royals often catches Pepys by surprise. Compare and contrast Pepys's opinions about the Royals as the book continues.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)