|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
2. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
3. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
4. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
5. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys review of Romeo and Juliet with his liking of tragedy plays. Were you surprised that Pepys did not like Romeo and Juliet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)