|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pepys get his watch?
2. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
3. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
4. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
5. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the one vice that Pepys will never give up. Why is that? How does this affect his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)