Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
5. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
The book constantly describes Pepys's vows of determination to stay away from wine and overspending. We also continue to read about his failings in that aspect. How is Pepys a determined character? In what aspects of his life is he less determined?
Do you think Pepys is bragging when he writes about going to see a play? How honest is he about his attempt to abstain from wine? What do these things symbolize to him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)