|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
4. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
5. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book constantly describes Pepys's vows of determination to stay away from wine and overspending. We also continue to read about his failings in that aspect. How is Pepys a determined character? In what aspects of his life is he less determined?
Essay Topic 2
Define irony and explain how it relates to what we know about Pepys and his eye disease. How does that relate to the one vice he cannot give up? How much does he write about the eye disease?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)