|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
2. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
3. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
4. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
5. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
Essay Topic 3
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)