|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
2. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
3. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
4. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
5. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
Essay Topic 2
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)