|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
4. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
5. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Pepys. Explain what he is passionate about, his faults, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Pepys is bragging when he writes about going to see a play? How honest is he about his attempt to abstain from wine? What do these things symbolize to him?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)