|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
2. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
3. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
4. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
5. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)