|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
2. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
3. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
4. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
5. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Pepys detailed the beatings of his staff so much? What reasons were given for these beatings, and were they accepted at the time? What does this say about him? How did it change your feelings about him?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)