|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
2. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
3. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
4. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
5. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Pepys. Explain what he is passionate about, his faults, etc.
Essay Topic 3
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)