|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
2. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
3. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
4. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
5. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)