Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
5. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
Essay Topic 2
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Pepys detailed the beatings of his staff so much? What reasons were given for these beatings, and were they accepted at the time? What does this say about him? How did it change your feelings about him?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)