|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
2. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
3. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
4. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
5. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Pepys is bragging when he writes about going to see a play? How honest is he about his attempt to abstain from wine? What do these things symbolize to him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the one vice that Pepys will never give up. Why is that? How does this affect his life?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)