|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
2. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
3. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
4. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
5. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Define irony and explain how it relates to what we know about Pepys and his eye disease. How does that relate to the one vice he cannot give up? How much does he write about the eye disease?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)