|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
2. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
3. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
4. Where did Pepys get his watch?
5. Who returns to London in January-June 1666?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Pepys is bragging when he writes about going to see a play? How honest is he about his attempt to abstain from wine? What do these things symbolize to him?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)