|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
2. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
3. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
4. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
5. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)