|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
2. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
3. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
4. Where did Pepys get his watch?
5. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)