|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
2. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
3. Who correctly predicted The Great Fire?
4. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
5. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
Essay Topic 3
The book constantly describes Pepys's vows of determination to stay away from wine and overspending. We also continue to read about his failings in that aspect. How is Pepys a determined character? In what aspects of his life is he less determined?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)