|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Pepys mention for the first time in July-December 1667?
2. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
3. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
4. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
5. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the domestic violence in Pepys's household. How does it illustrate gender norms of the time? Be sure to talk about possible reasons why Pepys treats his wife the way he does.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pepys's treatment of his wife with his treatment of the servants.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)