|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
2. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
3. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
4. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
5. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Pepys detailed the beatings of his staff so much? What reasons were given for these beatings, and were they accepted at the time? What does this say about him? How did it change your feelings about him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)