|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
2. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
3. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
4. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
5. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys review of Romeo and Juliet with his liking of tragedy plays. Were you surprised that Pepys did not like Romeo and Juliet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Pepys detailed the beatings of his staff so much? What reasons were given for these beatings, and were they accepted at the time? What does this say about him? How did it change your feelings about him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Pepys. Explain what he is passionate about, his faults, etc.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)