|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
2. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
3. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
4. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
5. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
Essay Topic 2
What are Pepys' views on adultery? Are there the same rules for husbands and wives? How does his opinion of Lord Sandwich's affair illustrate those views?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)