|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
2. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
3. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
4. What problem does Pepys mention for the first time in July-December 1667?
5. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Pepys detailed the beatings of his staff so much? What reasons were given for these beatings, and were they accepted at the time? What does this say about him? How did it change your feelings about him?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pepys's treatment of his wife with his treatment of the servants.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)