|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
2. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
3. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
4. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
5. Who takes singing lessons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
2. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
3. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
4. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
5. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
6. What does Pepys do to prepare for the possibility that he might be captured?
7. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
8. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
9. How does the status of the Navy hit an all-time low?
10. What becomes of the rumor about a large sum of money buried at the Tower of London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pepys's ambition and how it relates to status in society. Explain the motivation behind his ambitions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)