|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
2. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
3. Finally in July-December, 1663, who is hired as his wife's new maid?
4. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
5. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
2. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
3. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
4. How does Pepys close his journal?
5. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
6. What becomes of the rumor about a large sum of money buried at the Tower of London?
7. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
8. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
9. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
10. Explain the struggle with Pepys's wife's companions in July-December 1663.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pepys's treatment of his wife with his treatment of the servants.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)