|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
2. When Pepys feels under the weather, who does he call?
3. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
4. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
5. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
2. What does Pepys do to prepare for the possibility that he might be captured?
3. Pepys also admits something horrible about a crime he witnessed. What did he admit?
4. How successful is Pepys's attempt to abstain from wine?
5. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
6. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
7. How does the status of the Navy hit an all-time low?
8. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
9. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
10. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the one vice that Pepys will never give up. Why is that? How does this affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Pepys. Explain what he is passionate about, his faults, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)