|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
2. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
3. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
4. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
5. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
2. What happens when Pepys's family returns to his father's house in the country?
3. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
4. Compare the financial status of the Navy with the excessive spending of the Royal Family.
5. Pepys also admits something horrible about a crime he witnessed. What did he admit?
6. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
7. Describe two things Pepys does in his spare time in January-June 1663.
8. Describe the coronation of the King.
9. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
10. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys's treatment of his wife with his treatment of the servants.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)