|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
2. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
4. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
5. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. in January-June 1665, what are the household issues Pepys once again continues?
2. When does London start to return to normal?
3. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
4. Compare the financial status of the Navy with the excessive spending of the Royal Family.
5. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
6. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
7. What becomes of the rumor about a large sum of money buried at the Tower of London?
8. What does Pepys admit about a gift for his wife in January-June 1664?
9. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
10. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing and give an example of it in this book (for example, the boat of Dutch men who died from the plague).
Essay Topic 2
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)