|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
2. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
3. What does Pepys do each March?
4. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
5. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
2. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
3. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
4. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
5. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
6. In July-December 1662, why does Pepys decide to suspend his vows against wine and plays?
7. in January-June 1665, what are the household issues Pepys once again continues?
8. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
9. Describe the science experiment with the dog.
10. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Pepys detailed the beatings of his staff so much? What reasons were given for these beatings, and were they accepted at the time? What does this say about him? How did it change your feelings about him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)