|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
2. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
3. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
4. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
5. In anger, what does Pepys rip up in January -June 1663
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the status of the Navy hit an all-time low?
2. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
3. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
4. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
5. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
6. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
7. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
8. What is Pepys's reaction to Lord Sandwich's affair with a daughter of Mrs. Becke.
9. What does Pepys do to prepare for the possibility that he might be captured?
10. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the coronation of the King in January-June 1661.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pepys review of Romeo and Juliet with his liking of tragedy plays. Were you surprised that Pepys did not like Romeo and Juliet? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)