|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
2. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
3. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
5. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what we know about Pepys affairs as the journal closes.
2. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
3. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
4. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
5. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
6. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
7. How does the status of the Navy hit an all-time low?
8. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
9. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
10. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
Essay Topic 2Describe the one vice that Pepys will never give up. Why is that? How does this affect his life?
Essay Topic 3The book constantly describes Pepys's vows of determination to stay away from wine and overspending. We also continue to read about his failings in that aspect. How is Pepys a determined character? In what aspects of his life is he less determined?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)