|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends time at Pepys's home grieving after the lung cancer death?
2. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
3. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
4. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
5. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
2. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
3. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
4. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
5. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
6. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
7. How do some of the doctors explain leaving the city during the plague?
8. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
9. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
10. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Pepys is bragging when he writes about going to see a play? How honest is he about his attempt to abstain from wine? What do these things symbolize to him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Pepys. Explain what he is passionate about, his faults, etc.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)