|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
2. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
3. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
4. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
5. In July-December 1662, there is a rumor about money buried where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
2. What becomes of the rumor about a large sum of money buried at the Tower of London?
3. While the plague has hit London, what is happening in Pepys's and his wife's life?
4. Describe two things Pepys does in his spare time in January-June 1663.
5. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
6. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
7. Describe the coronation of the King.
8. What is the meaning behind Pepys beginning to discipline the household staff?
9. How does Pepys close his journal?
10. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the one vice that Pepys will never give up. Why is that? How does this affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)