|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
2. Finally in July-December, 1663, who is hired as his wife's new maid?
3. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
4. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
5. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
2. How does the status of the Navy hit an all-time low?
3. What does Pepys have in common with those in upper society?
4. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
5. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
6. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
7. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
8. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
9. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
10. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pepys's treatment of his wife with his treatment of the servants.
Essay Topic 3
From the book, is it clear if Pepys's uncle's offer involving his wife was unusual or common practice for the time? Explain. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)