|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pepys jealous of in in January-June 1663?
2. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
3. Pepys is offered money to impregnate someone. Who offers him the money?
4. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
5. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
2. What becomes of the rumor about a large sum of money buried at the Tower of London?
3. Pepys also admits something horrible about a crime he witnessed. What did he admit?
4. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
5. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
6. What happens when Pepys's family returns to his father's house in the country?
7. When does London start to return to normal?
8. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
9. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
10. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the dire state of the country in January-June, 1665. Who is suffering the most? Who takes advantage of that and how?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pepys review of Romeo and Juliet with his liking of tragedy plays. Were you surprised that Pepys did not like Romeo and Juliet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scientific world of Pepys. What are examples of descriptions that seem primitive these days? How do these examples shed light on the 1660s and what life was like then?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)