|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
2. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
3. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
4. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
5. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
2. In July-December 1662, why does Pepys decide to suspend his vows against wine and plays?
3. What does Pepys admit about a gift for his wife in January-June 1664?
4. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
5. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
6. How do some of the doctors explain leaving the city during the plague?
7. What happens when Pepys's family returns to his father's house in the country?
8. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
9. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
10. What happens when Pepys tours theaters backstage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the meaning of why his wife staying up late washing and burning her hand while cooking catches Pepys's attention? What does this say about his feelings about his social status.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Pepys and his sister in regards to a sense of entitlement.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Pepys and his wife's sudden interest in fashion worth noting? What does it tell us about them? What does it say about how they feel about status and material things?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)